Lost And Found

It's a good night. Well, as good as they get, anyway. Johny's standing in Draco Tower, the 9th floor, in the conference room. He's got a cup of coffee in one hand, and a donut in the other. In front of him, playing across the trideo, is a file detailing one young Mister Darius Pepper. An odd name, but the kid, 12, seems cute enough… Well, for what he is. And what he is, is missing.

He reaches out, one hand, coffee-laden, in to the trid, touching an icon. The icon opens like a book, revealing names. He flicks it, scrolling down several pages. One name highlights with the push of a coffeecup. Kaivan. He flips then to the back of the book, where he hits another name with his donut hand. Zoey.

The machine starts a comcall, to both of them at once.

Simultaneously, your phones ring.

Slinger is right now lifting weights, working on trying to buff his body. Lifting weights at a gym, no less. He answers the phone, using his headset, without missing more than one rep. "Yo!" he grunts, out of breath, into the microphone. A quick glance around confirms he's alone. A rush of air follows as he exhales, clearly right in the middle of a workout.

Zoey was having a bit of an awkward social situation. At the Bare Knuckles Gym, a place of her persona, self-made torture. She was speaking with several gathered to-be patrons including an oddly melancholly-named pair of kids and one large, muscular Brit. Mr. Lucciano had just handed her a credstick, stating it was a 'retainers fee'. Zoey's mind raced with the implication of accepting the thing.. it was a credstick with 15,000 =Y=. The thing felt heavy in her hand, a simple, yet dangerous creature that upon it's acceptance would graw a gaping maw and swallow her.
She handed it back to Pulse and asked they discuss payment arrangements at a more apropriate time. This was merely a stall more than anything. Accepting money from Pulse for a retainer would be the same as a binding contract.. About now, her cell phone rings, the sound of it was beutiful. It gave her a chance to interrupt the conversation. She lifts the object to her head, "Dr. Einhart," she says.
Announcement: Athena shouts "Lets Welcome our Newest Member to Staff! Whistlepunk is joining the cult.. I mean team! -Slaps his ass and puts him to work-"

Johny's voice is crisp, strong and pure. "Mr. SMith. Dr. Einhart. I have a particular issue I think the two of you can assist me with. I would very much appreciate it if you could join me for…" A moment as he chews something… "A bite to eat. Draco Tower, 9th floor."

Slinger grins into his phone. "Lemme finish… my workout!" Slinger grins. "Is Mr. Harold still working there? How's he doing? Been meaning to call him and tell him I'm back in town?" This followed the sound of metal against metal as he set the barbell down. "Gimme a few to change and grab a shower. Just 'cause I'm a keeb doesn't mean my sweat is sexy!"

Johny can almost be heard to grimace. "NO. Your sex is decidedly not sweaty." he spoonerizes." he pauses then to listen for Zoey's response.

Slinger snerks as he walks back toward the locker room, pausing to light up a cancer stick and blow smoke at the 'No Smoking' sign. Apparently he found a gym that doesn't really care.

There is a distinct pause from Zoey on the other end. Her mixed company made discussion with Johny.. uncomfortable. "I'll come for a bite to eat," she responds cooly, her voice carrying a distinct flat, controled tone to it. "I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the locale," she tells him, awaiting for directions to jot into her pocsec while the group around her continued conversing.

Directions are provided post haste. A tall building in Downtown, it's hard to miss.

Slinger is there at the appointed time, his hair freshly spiked, with the scent of Fresh Spring Deodorant laid over his body. And, of course, cigarette smoke. Strangely enough, he is dressed very nicely for the meeting, with an actual suit and tie — after all, this is the Draco Foundation he is going with. His hair, though, still looks like it usually does — the only concession there is a leather hair-tie that binds the longish part in back neatly. He travels to the proper floor to meet with his friend. "Mr. Wulfson, please," he will tell whoever asks.

Arrival. Draco tower. It's an impressive edifice, one of the anchors of the downtown core. Belonging to the Draco Foundation, it is the physical testament to the wealth and power of a Great Dragon, even in death. The two are shown in, escorted by security with respect, with understanding.

Johny is seated in a chair, eating a hambuger from Big D's cafe below. "Ah! Slinger! Come on in. There's a meatless omlette in that one there." Says he, pointing to a silver serving dish. "And something for the lady in that one. Come on, sit down."

Silver serving dish. "You /do/ remember that I eat meat, right?" the youth asks. "Unlike most keebs, I fail to subsist on dandelions alone." Nonetheless, he grins and settles into the proffered chair, waiting for Zoey to take her place. "I still will bet the Indian you made the other night is better. Good day," he adds, in a friendly manner to Zoey, inclining his head to her in greeting.

Slinger isn't really complaining. Mostly teasing — the food is probably superb, meat or no meat.

Its Diner fair. Not a BAD diner, but its like, Dennys. Just something to munch

Zoey was, perhaps for the first time ever, in the history of EVER, not wearing army fatigue pants. It was some kind of strange, new world we were living in. Instead, she wore tan colored khaki's and a light green shirt. Her hair was neater and more formal than usual. She actually looked like a professional of sorts. She takes the seat as it's offered, regarding her two new acquaintances with a nod and curt smile. She takes the food offered, bringing it close to her on the table, but leaves it untouched for the moment, and simply sets her hands on the table, folded, and keeps her gaze on Johny, expectantly.
Addressing Slinger as he talks to her, "Good afternoon, Mr. Slinger," she tells him. "I still have a lot of leftovers to be sure," she adds. She hadn't polished it off yet. Her diet for the last three days has subsisted entirely of chicken vindeloo, nan, and the occational pop.

Slinger, however, doesn't need an invitation to tuck into his omelette. It's decent food, though hardly anything too extraordinary. "Silver platter is a nice touch. So whatcha got for us? And I assume we can speak freely here?" he asks, as he rocks back in his chair a little bit between bites, his attention going to Johny.

"You can speak freely here, Slinger." Says JOhny then, leaning forward on his elbows. "I got a job for you, if you want it. Something up your particular vein of heroism." He glances to Zoey. "No wetworks, no blowing anything up. An investigation and retrieval."

Slinger chuckles, swallowing another bite of omelet before he speaks. "This part of the Draco foundation, or something for you personally?" he wants to know. "Either way, I'm probably in. But just curious. Draco and I history, and it's one I'd like to enhance, if you know what I mean." To Zoey, he comments, "Draco is good people to work for, if you're a white hat. At least in my experience." Then to Johny, he smiles. "What's the briefing?"

Zoey eyes Slinger a moment, a touch of amusement coming to her face at seeing him before she allows her attention to return back to Johny once more. She listens to each word the man speaks, absorbing their meaning. She contemplates for a moment. "Whom are we investigating," she asks simply. She's had experience with this sort of thing before.. she tender to keep her questions short and to the point. Slinger gets another amused look from her at that. ".. and just so we are clear, I do have reservations about ROE," she says, putting that on the table immediately as she always did.
Rules of Engagement.

"Darius Pepper; He's a young Caucasian boy. Nice kid, good family. He's also expressed. This is unusual, as most people thought Goblinization was a thing of the past." he looks to Slinger, then Zoey. "He's a drake, as we understand the situation. Are you familiar with what Drakes are?"

Slinger blinks once at the news, though his expression had gone a little tender at the sight of the boy and the realization that the kid might well be missing. "Poor kid." But when you mention 'expressed', he looks a little perplexed. And slowly, the light of realization dawns. "Not exactly," he admits. "But given the word… immature dragon? Or some form of it? He's turning into another Dunkie?" the youth asks, hesitantly. He finishes off his omelette, pulls out his pack of smokes, glances to Johny for permission.
Johny nods slightly.

Zoey's eyes downcast for a breif moment at the mention of goblinization, but her attention refocuses a moment later. "I am familiar with them, yes," she admits. She had quite a lot of experience with the entire subject as whole thanks to events in her past. "Who are his parents, and where do they live?" she asks next. "What class of homo-sapiens," she adds.
At any rate, at least the job didn't sound like something Zoey was going to have issues with, which she is greatly relieved.

Johny answers then… "Drake. There is no proper classification for them because most people don't want you to know they exist." He says simply. "Here's a little history." says he then, gesturing to slinger. "Your genotype was made to serve the Dragons sometime in the early 2nd world. It is why your lifespan is so much longer than the rest of humanity; the human lifespan is the blink of an eye to a dragon. Only you don't take direction so well. Too strongwilled. To individualistic." Says JOhny then.

"Drakes were, we surmise from the information left to us by Dunk… a second attempt. Humans blended with draconic genomes, specific family lines theren, binding them genetically to a specific dragon. DO you understand?"

Slinger lifts a brow at that, intrigued. "So what's where we come from. And fuckin'-A we're too strong willed. Individualistic." He lights up one of his cancer sticks, tilting the chair back on two legs like a high schooler, as he exhales a cloud up into the air of the room, clearly enjoying his habit — and the fact he /shouldn't/. Then, he frowns a little at your mention of what the Drake is. "I… I understand what you said, but not the implications, I guess I should say. Never heard of any of this stuff."

"Imagine a servant that is genetically coded to serve you. It is the ultimate form of -slavery-, Slinger. And Mana levels are rising… more and more are waking up. But not all dragons that slept during the 5th world.. are still here. Evidence suggests downcycle hunting of sleeping dragons took place on a wide scale." Says Johny then.

Slinger nods thoughtfully at that. "So if he wakes up, genetically coded to serve somebody… somebody who probably got toasted by St. George Something-Or-Other back in the middle ages… who's he gonna serve now? Or is he gonna look around for a master? I mean, there are people who would pay big bucks for a kid like that, in the right circles. Sick." He shudders. He may be gay, but he would never want a willing-slave of that kind.

Zoey did know a little about the subject, mostly things she's heard over the years and such.. certainly nothing quite on the level Johny has told her, at any rate. "It sounds like you likely already have a working theory about his location, then?" she wonders. "Assuming he was truly abducted, who would be the likely abductor. Assuming he is acting on his own, where would he most likely turn to.." Sounded like delving into an extremely dark subject. She rolls a few ideas in her head about that but keeps it to herself, letting Johny speak.

Johny answer Slinger first. "The Foundation speculates that other dragons will attempt to capture and re-imprint them. One of the foundations mandates is to rescue as many as possible. It's bound by several arcane rules that are based in Draconic culture, but once we lose them? We can't get them back. If we can get them… they are considered Dunklezahns property by the other dragons."

Johny then answers Zoey. "I know where he was. I have a lead on who may have taken him. He won't turn in to a dragon persay, but some drakes have expressed the ability to turn in to a small micro-dragon, about the size of a small car."

Johny nods slowly, thinking it over. "His family is a middle class family that works for a shiawase subsidiary. It's known that that corporation has heavy ties to the Yakuza. There are some indications that perhaps an out of town gumi is trying to make a play for some ransome money. As to payment… I'm authorized to expend up to 30,000 nuyen on this case. That would be split between you."

The youth nods quietly. "30K is more than reasonable. Especially since we'd probably do it for less, or even free. But it's nice to be appreciated." He crushes out his cancer stick in the ashtray thoughtfully. "So we return the kid to his family, or does the Foundation have other plans for him? I'm not so sure that ties to the Yakuza is such a good thing, you know." He looks right at Johny, then at Zoey, curious their take on it. "Other than that, we just need the intel."

Zoey nods at the figure, though just continues asking questions at this point, "So, you suspect ransom, then. Has the child's parents been quetioned? Did they have any relevant information? Also, where and how did the abduction take place exactly.. did he simply go missing from their home, or was it at a public location elsewhere?" Zoey sort of just skips discussing the money and shoots right to the intel. Indeed, she was the type who might do something like this for free. Rarely the mercenary type herself. Such details always worked out later in the end. Her only saving grace was that other people didn't more frequently take advantage of this potential character 'flaw'.

Slinger would do it for free, but if people want to pay him for what he'd do anyway, he's happy with that arrangement. He's got bills, after all, and some upgrades he would really enjoy having. He leans back in his chair a little further, grabbing another cancer stick, and pollutes the room further as he cockily lights one. All of her questions are good ones, but he figured Johny would get to that. But best to ask. He shoots Zoey a grin and a thumbs-up.

"His family has been spoken to and extracted. They work for the foundation now." Says Johny, rather matter of factly. "The boy will be returned to the foundation for examination, orientation and counciling. The intel we have is this." He says, sliding a datachip on to the table. "Randsom demand, matrix comcall recordings, and a trace made to a rural sector of the CAS near Colorado Springs. We can't pin it down more than that, but you have an area. He went missing on his way home from school about 6 hours ago. 3 hours ago the ransom came in. 1 hour ago I called you."

The youth lets out a low whistle. "We move fast. That's good. The faster we move, the better chance we have of getting this boy back, alive and unhurt." He stares at the data for a moment, considering that. "What are the odds that the kid's got himself a genetic case of Stockholm Syndrome already?" he wants to know. "That we're going to be extracting an unwilling captive?" He taps his chin, glancing to Zoey. "How big an area are we talking here?" he asks, reaching for the screen to try to zoom in and see if he can define his boundaries.

"We move fast, or we die slow." Says Johny, moving from his chair to a coffee pot. "Coffee?" He asks casually. "As to imprintation… doubtful. None of the dracoforms in Denver are involved in this. I think they know better. I'm no dragon." He says simply. "But I'm not above making their lives hell."

Zoey steals a quick glance to Slinger in time to catch his visual thumbs-up. She smiles back at him and makes a complex series of hand gestures in return. Sign language for 'I'm glad you approve.' Her attention quickly refocuses on Johny though, listening to the intel. She does inject, "Though we are reacting quickly, with six hours of leeway they could be anywhere within several kilometers of that location." To Johny she shakes her head at the offer of coffee. "No, thank you," she replies. Meanwhile, her food was thoroughly like-warm by this point, but she had a hard time concentrating on food at a time like this anyways.

The youth nods. "Right. So we got a picture of what he looks like now? Or does he switch forms or something?" he asks. He's still trying to piece together what he'll be looking for. "Anybody scoped his aura, got a description I can go from?" The youth glances over at the good Doctor. "And if it's not too much of an imposition, may I ask what skills you have other than being a first-class medic? Just wanting to know, so we can plan." He smiles in a friendly manner, then glances back to Johny, cracking his knuckles; he's ready to do this.

Zoey nods to Johny's assessment, "Typically, UGE- Unexplained Genetic Expression, happened at puberty for most children, though the age of puberty between the various races differs. It is a very confusing and terrifying, often painful experience. I would expect even moreso for 'drakes', perhaps, due to the unique nature of their history," she concludes. Her gaze falls onto Slinger, and considers his question. "Field Surgeon," she corrects him, making a distinction where none likely existed in Slingers mind. "I have plenty of combat experience," she assures him.

Slinger nods to Zoey. "I know you did. I've… well, I saw some things. I meant… could you be more specific? You stealthy? Rifles? Pistols? Hand-to-hand?" He ticks them off on his fingers. "Just good to know. And Johny — you coming with us on this? Or are the two of us doing this solo? Either way is cool — just asking. I got transport we can use, and some kick-ass armor. I think we can pull this off, but extra people are never a bad thing.

Johny comments simply. "I'm too old for fieldwork, Slinger. I contract most of it out now." He says, picking up his coffee. "It's you two alone. I figure with a powerful sorcerer and a combat-capable medical professional, you have the situation well in hand."

The youth laughs, shrugs a shoulder. "Too old? No such thing," he says teasingly. "But yeah, I suppose you can leave it to us young'uns." He takes a swig of his coffee, then starts to rise to his feet. "Time's wasting. Anything else we need to know? And Doc — do you drive? Changes are I may spend some time out of my body, so always nice to have somebody else who can take the wheel." He's already making preparations, checking some of his items, making sure he has enough smokes, and generally preparing himself for what's to come.

Zoey revises her information then, "Assault Rifles," she tells him, "Experience in Urban warfare, including averting detection, electronics," she says naming a few things. She could list off her entire military career portfolio but really it came down to 'shoot my gun when I need to, sneak around when I have to, and keep people alive'. Then as an afterthought to this question, "I can drive, yes." She had to drive humvees around occasionally back in Lambeth anyways. Sadly, Zoey's skillset wasn't exactly what one calls 'exceptional', but hey, you make do with what ya got. "I did bring along some of my things, so I am ready to move out at the moments notice."


«OOC» Slinger says, "Okay. Dropping out of RP time… I look over the info we were given. Any good ideas on finding things other than astral searching? How many houses are in the area in question?"
«OOC» Slinger says, "Houses/farms, I figure…"
«OOC» Johny says, "Well. Yuou're in luck; We can get you a material link."
«OOC» Slinger says, "W00t!"
«OOC» Johny says, "A toothbrush."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Eww!"
«OOC» Johny says, "Hey, its very effective."
«OOC» Johny grins.
«OOC» Zoey says, "Material is material."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Remind me how I use a material link?"
«OOC» Zoey says, "Lulz, I know magic about as well as I know how to dance."
«OOC» Johny says, "Ritual sorcery lets you try and track someone by having a material link to them. You can basically bypass the LOS requirements with ritual + link"
«OOC» Slinger nods. Slinger will point out that he'll need protection for his meat body while he goes astral — and more to the point, it's very possible he'll run into something bad on the way. More than likely they have some kind of magical protection.
«OOC» Slinger says, "And if I just want to find somebody?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Let me look up the rules."
«OOC» Slinger says, "And can a single mage do it? or does it require a group."
«OOC» Johny says, "looking now"
«OOC» Zoey says, "From what I can read here, it seems you need a group.."
«OOC» Slinger says, "That was always my read on it. Doesn't say how many, but at least 2."
«OOC» Zoey says, "Spotter and leader?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. The rules are annoyingly complex and seem to imply 'group'. You have a picture of the boy, meaning a watcher spirit can search the city for him with a basic test. I'll give you a bonus to that given you have the link."
«OOC» Zoey says, "Good call. :X"
«OOC» Johny says, "Half of GM'ing is knowing what rules to ignore ;)"
«OOC» Johny says, "Anyway. Let me see here. Slinger, whats your int?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Or more, slinger, summon up a watcher spirit, force of your choice :)"
«OOC» Slinger says, "hang on"
«OOC» Johny nods
«OOC» Slinger says, "All right. Background count in the room we're in?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Downtown core, BG count is ambient 1"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Conjuring vs TN 4 for "Force 3 watcher spirit.":
2 4 8 8 14 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "YOu got it for four hours."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 7 for "F3, +4 hours, TN 7 for drain.":
1 2 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) has the Attribute Intelligence with the value '6'.
«OOC» Johny nods.
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 vs TN 3:
1 3 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 vs TN 4:
3 3 4 = 1 Success

You paged Slinger with 'It will return in 45 minutes and inform you it ran in to a ward at a house and couldn't get through. It will relate the location of that house.'.
Slinger pages: I ask it if the link from the toothbrush went into the ward?
You paged Slinger with 'It indicates the ward is in the way of its trail.'.
Slinger pages: Good enough for me. At least something for me to look at. Do I know of any other reason that'd be the case? And I make sure I have it show me where the ward is.
You paged Slinger with 'Theres no good reason unless he was somewhere inside the warded area.'.
You paged Slinger with 'And the house is an old farm house in the CAS sector of Colorado springs, about 2 hours south of Denver.'.


Slinger eyes the link, and then the watcher spirit that materializes on the astral. He points to the photo, then to the toothbrush. "Go find him. Search for him, all across Denver, but starting /here/." He points to the spot on the map. "When you find him, come back and tell me. Got it?" He shows the toothbrush as well.

Time passes, and Slinger takes the time prepping, heading with the good Doctor down to the SUV, to prepare his items. "You got some good armor?" the youth asks, as he he, himself, dons a set of Light Security Armor, complete with the helmet. But he leaves the visor up so he can smoke. And then he seems to be talking to the air, silently for a moment, about three-quarters of an hour later, frowning. "Okay. I may do this again once we get closer. But it looks like they've got a ward, /here/." And he points to the indicated spot that the watcher showed him. And he starts to examine the area, looking for the lay of the land. A good place to approach without being seen, to park and head in stealthily.

The location indicated by Slinger is a farm house just north of the CAS sector of COlorado Springs, about 2 hours south. It's in a rural area, but since no farming is able to take place in the FRFZ due to crazy level of permit-hopping that has to be done, the lands all gone fallow. Because of the stricture against building NEW things in the FRFZ, nothing was ever built over the land. So its sort of fallow. Abandoned homes and tracts of wild scrub.

Slinger glances over at Zoey as he indicates the spot. "The question is, where do we park the SUV where it won't be seen? And how good are you at sneaking?" he asks. "Me, I can go in, hit their little ward hard… but I have a feeling that they'll see me coming. And if they do, then I'll have a magical battle… while do bad things to the kid. They do have a hostage."

Zoey had brought with her a rather oversized backpack. It's old and beaten and in all likelihood was her pack in the military. Inside it were some of her things. She also brought a change of clothing and her own armor. Sadly, it rather paled in comparison to Slinger's security armor. She seems to find humor in this. She slips the thing over herself, "Is it good? Well.. It's roomy," she tells him. The armored jacket didn't look terribly impressive by comparison. Her Ares-II helmet sat in the back seat along with her backpack full of gear.
During the quiet time, Zoey contemplates the coming ordeal, clering her mind. She slowly and methodically cleans her aged, modified M-23, loading up a few clips with her chosen ammunition. Preparing what few flashbangs she had left rolling around in the backpack.. Once hes done, and returns talking, she sets her M-23 into her lap. "I'm no infiltration expert, but I've slipped by my fair share of foxholes," she tells him.(Stealth 4). "If possible, we need to gather intel on the location in question. Check for snipers, machinegun nests, patrols, drones.."

Slinger winces as you mention drones. "Drones. Fuckin' hate drones," the kid mutters. One thing he can't really do much against, unfortunately. "All right. Let's head out there… hopefully there's at least /some/ traffic, so our vehicle won't immediately set off warning signs. You wanna drive? I'm not sure how well I can do it in this getup," he admits with a grin. And he climbs into the back of he SUV, making sure he has plenty of foci handy, making sure all of his stuff is ready to power up at a moment's notice. "Let's roll. I'll do some astral recon on the way."

«OOC» Johny says, "The search took about an hour, the drive south will take an hour and a half, so when you arrive in the area, 9 hours give or take, will have elapsed since the boy was taken."

Zoey nods, and pulls the SUV out into the Denver streets. She drives at a steady, even pace. "Find out whatever you can, the more the better. If we have to, I'll do some on-site recon once we get there, if necesarry." With that, she heads to the location in question, doing her best to blend with traffic, not going too quickly or too slow. She'll wait for further word from Slinger before getting too close


«OOC» Slinger says, "All right. Slinger is going to wait until we're on a nice straight stretch of road, then take a vacation from his body and zip down to the area and scout it out. Looking for the lay of the land, good places to park the SUV, as well as any spirits or any defenses except the ward."
«OOC» Johny nods.
«OOC» Slinger says, "Lemme know any rolls needed."
«OOC» Johny says, "Give me an int check, as you scout the area."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 3 3 4 4
«OOC» Slinger says, "Karma that. 1/19"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence for "KP 1/19":
2 3 3 5 8 10
«OOC» Johny says, "Give me a stealth check?"
«OOC» Slinger says, "Do I get astral pool?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Sure."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth + Astral Pool: 3:
1 2 2 3 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth + Astral Pool: 3 for "KP 2/19":
1 3 3 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth + Astral Pool: 3 for "KP 4/19":
1 2 3 3 4 7
«OOC» Slinger says, "Gah. Guess that's the best I'm getting :)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 7:
4 8 10 16 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Good lord."
«OOC» Zoey says, "WOW"
«OOC» Zoey says, "Nice roll ther"
«OOC» Slinger says, "I think I'm spotted."


The area is astraly active, if for no other reason than the large amount of life in the area. Foxes, coyotes, rabbits, birds, the tall grasses and bushes that have taken over the abandoned farmland. There is just so much biomass that on the ground, visibility is almost nil.

But, coming to the house itself from the air, its easy to see its fairly decently warded, as houses go. Probably a Kepler-grade of 4. Every 2-3 minutes, a low level air elemental does a circuit of the house. It has the astral form, the appearance, of a small Zeppelin, surrounded by tiny buzzing bi-planes. The slow, lazy drift of the Zeppelin is stopped as it comes about rapidly, a swarm of planes rising up for it and heading for Slinger suddenly!


«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 1 for "Add 26 to this, astral init.":
5
«OOC» Slinger says, "So 31."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 1:
7
«OOC» Johny says, "It moves on a 30 even"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 4 (astral combat pool) + 7 (power focus) vs TN 4:
1 1 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 = 12 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "Base damage is 6M."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 6:
3 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "Spirit does have 4 KP, I think :)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "KP 1":
3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "KP 3":
2 2 10 13 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "How does Astral combat stage? Like Firearms, wiht 'overdamage' or like melee with extra power?"
«OOC» Slinger says, "That becomes… 10 successes. 4 stage it to D, so 9M."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Er, 9D."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Just like melee."
«OOC» Johny nods. So he gets it back to an S.
«OOC» Slinger says, "Um…?"
«OOC» Johny says, "9D, his last karma roll was 10/13"
«OOC» Johny says, "2 succeses stages down one level"
«OOC» Johny says, "S wound"
«OOC» Slinger says, "Okay. Hang on."
«OOC» Johny hangs.
«OOC» Slinger says, "The first roll he makes is his Force or Sorcery versus TN 4. That's to negate my successes."
«OOC» Johny okays.
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 4:
1 2 2 17 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "He'll Kp that one."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 vs TN 4 for "KP 1/4":
1 3 10 = 1 Success


Slinger charges in, going immediately on the offensive, and dives toward the blimp with his hands outstretched, ripples of power arcing between his fingers. And he strikes the blimp a hard blow, plunging his hand into the center and releasing a good bit of its inner 'gas' and energy, sending it spewing out into the astral realm.

The little zeppelin turns, reeling from the punch that snapped its spine and deflated several gasbags. Small planes whirl around slinger, firing little itty bitty guns that don't do a damn thing. The airship lumbers away, turning and rapidly moving in to the house, disappearing from view but leaving a trail of smoke in the air.

Slinger starts to dart after it, but before he can react the thing is back inside the ward. He lets out a swift curse, then darts backward, back along the path he came, in search of his body. And returns to it, regaining consciousness. "Shit," the kid mutters. "I got spotted. Mage has a spirit up. So now they know somebody's coming after them. Though they might be expecting just a magical intrusion. How far out are we?"

Zoey is, during this time, obliviously and mundanely cruizing through the area at a leisurely pace, not too close just yet. She was kinda curious what was taking so long though. She really wanted to get this thing on the move so she could relax.. it was hard to imagine, but she always felt less anxious once she got on her feet and set about to her task. Waiting was a game of fightins ones imagination, a prospect without any possiblity of winning. The imagination was infinite in it's possibilities. The real world was considerably less incaporeal. IT has substance, and could be altered or interacted with.

Slinger shifts his position, fishing out another cigarette. "Get us in there /fast/. If they're smart, they're gonna try moving the kid, or toast him. I don't want them doing either of those things," he growls, his voice low. He leans forward in the seat, reaching for his cigarettes, willing the SUV to go faster.

Zoey turns her attention to Slinger and frowns. "You know, that was exactly the sort of thing I didn't want to hear," she says. Irony! Imagine that. She depresses the gas pedal another few inches more than before and the SUV quickly takes off toward their destination. Zoey's heart kicked up a notch or two in her chest. Her M-23 sat close by in the seat, an icon of the things soon to come. It stared at her there from accross the seat, reminding her mercilessly of her mortality.

The home itself is on a one lane road, an old farm house, about 2 miles away. Two stories, with a full cellar. The scrub comes almost up to the house, stopping about 40 feet out where it has been recently cut back. They will see you coming, but thats less of an issue now, one would expect.

The kid finishes his cigarette and crushes it out in the ashtray, then lowers his visor, exhaling inside the armor to stink it up nicely of tobacco smoke. "Let's roll." He sets his commlink to the proper frequency and encryption, sets up the subvocal mic, and offers another unit to Zoey — that or the frequencies. "Open the sun roof," he tells her, as we move, and starts to power himself up, after a quick astral sweep around the vehicle.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Astral check of area.":
1 2 3 4 5 10 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 4 for "Complementary":
1 3 4 5 = 2 Successes

Wheeeeee! Driving down the road makes for a blur of astral space to either side, the vast expanses of nothing out here fading in to a wall of biomass. You don't spot any spirits or astral magi following you, though nature spirits do flitter about here and there, or the occasional dual natured bird flitting by.

Zoey stop about a quarter of a mile away so that she and Slinger can confer on a plan of action before barging in there. "Alright, but I only ask- no bodies," she tells him. She opens the sun roof, exhales hard, looking ahead. She didn't need the commlink however. She already had her own radio with a transciever. She clips it on a utility belt about her waist and connects it via datajack. »Frequency Set,« she says over the commlink wordlessly, mough unmoving, eyes peering forward as she begins accelerating again. »What is your plan of attack?« she asks. She really prefered the stealth method but, hey.. you do what you gatta. Idly, she reaches over with one hand, steering with the other, and grabs her M-23, slinging it over her shoulder.


«OOC» Slinger says, "Prepare for spam"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 7 (power focus) vs TN 5 for "Increase Reflexes F4, TN is reaction (5). Need 2 successes.":
1 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 7 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 3 for "F4, +1D drain, 3D.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 8 11 14 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 7 (power focus) + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "Levitate, F3. Even with armor, I'm under 100 kg. TN 4.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 7 7 8 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "F3, +1M, 2M drain":
1 3 3 4 8 13 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 13 vs TN 6 for "Activating anchoring focus, Armor, F6. TN is 6, need 1 success.":
1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 14 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 15 vs TN 4 for "Drawing sword. Anchoring focus, Deflect, F6.":
2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 10 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 7 (power focus) + Sorcery Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Improved Invisibility, F6. TN is only 4":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 8 8 14 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 4 for "F6, +1M, 4M drain.":
1 2 3 3 4 9 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "Okay. At this point, just for reference: Init is 5+3D6, Levitating at 33 m/turn movement, Armor is 13/13, 4 extra CP dice to dodge or soak missiles, 9 succs on improved invis F6."
--

Slinger vanishes from view, just after floating above the seat. And theseat belt comes /off/ of his hidden form. "You come in as fast as you can, be sneaky. They know I'm coming, but I dunno about you. Try to get set up — might need a sniper." This over the radio, since he's already up through the sunroof and heading toward the house — and looking for any spirits, astral sight engaged.

As Slinger goes rocketing off - dang show off - she is content to drive her car. On the ground.. and does so, approaching the secluded house on land until she gets as close as possible without potentially alerting anyone to her presence. Once done, she jumps out of the vehicle with her M-23 slung securely over her shoulder. A few grenades dangle on her belt as well as a clip or two. She slips her somewhat mismatched looking helmet over her head and begins making her way toward the house with all the haste she can muster without jeopardizing her stealth.

On the astral side of things, things are a little odd. A fire elemental claws its way out of the roof, a massive thing (maybe force 8), chewing on the houses timbers just before the house bursts in to flames in the real world.

A group of auras goes rocketing down the road in a car, a car that Zoey can see just fine; because its headed right for her.

Slinger stares at the elemental for about a half a second, and then whirls around… departing his physical body. The foci will keep it floating in the air where he left it, and he detaches from his body and launches himself toward the vehicle, moving at the speed of thought. If it's warded, then he'll deal with that when it hits.

Zoey kneels down, out of sight, noting the car moving. Now what? Who was in it? Perhaps the kid? Likely impossible for her to tell at such speeds. »I'm tracking a moving vehicled, high speeds. Do you have any fix on the child? Is the child inside the vehicle?« says Zoey, her voice tinted with a very practiced military tone. She quickly swaps out ammo on her M-23 to something capable of shooting out a tire, in case such ended up being necesarry — she really hopes it won't be. The woman brings up her Assault rifle, aiming as steady as she can.

«OOC» Johny says, "Slinger, gimmie an astral perception check I know you are absolutely going to succeed at ;)"
«OOC» Slinger says, "TN 4? Or open?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Say, TN 6 for them being in a car and grouped together tightly"

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Intelligence + Karma Pool: 2 vs TN 6 for "Astral perception/aura reading. Burning 3 KP for extra dice. 7/19 gone.":
2 2 3 4 4 5 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 7 vs TN 6 for "karma that: 8/19":
1 2 3 5 5 9 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Aura Reading vs TN 6:
1 2 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Thats good"
«OOC» Slinger says, "We'll stick with that."
«OOC» Johny nods.

The car contains 4 distinct auras.

1: A magically active human female, approximately 30 years old.

2: A young human boy with an oddness to his aura you just can't place.

3: An ork male with heavy cybernetics.

4: A human male with no descrrnable cybernetics or magical ability (Driver)

«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. Zoey. The car is about 500 feet away now, or inside the effective range (medium range) of your rifle. If you wish to fire, you may. Medium range: 6 TN base. +2 for Called shot (Tires) -2 for Smart link II (They do stack, yes indeed). +2 for target at high rate of speed. -1 for no real relative movement. (its coming straight at you). TN 7."

Zoey pipes in again, her voice very hard, »Repeat, is the child in the vehicle. I may have a shot at the tires. Advise,« she asks. She COULD shoot at the tires, but on the other hand she could end up killing the kid in doing so.. IT was not an easy thing to decide.. And if Slinger had AYTHING better suited to the task, well. That'd be wonderful.

Slinger whirls around, after examining the people in there, and then rockets back to the house. And attacks the ward as quickly as he can, before doing a sweep through there — and doing his best to avoid the fire elemental. Just looking for any people left. But if there are no people, then he'll shoot back to his body to report in.

Slinger pages: Where was the kid sitting in the car?
You paged Slinger with 'Back seat, magically active is next to him'.
Slinger pages: Driver or passenger side for the kid?
You paged Slinger with 'Drivers side.'.

Slinger rockets back to his body. His instinct is to check the house, but he's going to assume there's nothing there — and they're just destroying the evidence. He comes back into his body, and immediately starts speaking, while he moves toward the vehicle. "Kid is /in/ the vehicle. Back seat, driver's side!" he calls into the mic, his voice suddenly clear and sharp.

«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Assault Rifles + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 7 for "Three round burst, weapon has a gas vent III so the recoil is compensated. Shot is using ExExplosive round, 10S damage.":
1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Thats +3 power and +1 stage, I think. So 11S base damage."
«OOC» Zoey says, "In either case I need more successes than that"
«OOC» Johny says, "So use a karma point and reroll"
«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls 11 vs TN 7 for "1/7":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls 10 vs TN 7 for "3/7":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Thats D damage to the car."
«OOC» Johny says, "Assuming it doesn't get 2 successes at TN 5"
«OOC» Zoey says, "That's not too comforting"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 vs TN 5:
1 2 5 = 1 Success

»Affirmative,« Zoey repeats over the Comm after hearing the confirmation. Now, Zoey was no expert at trajectories, but she did figure at the relative speed of the car+sudden loss of a wheel would = one hell of a wreck. She didn't want to take the chance of hurting the child, or for that matter killing the whole lot of them. She could also shoot at the engine. Her gun was now loaded with explosive ammunition. It was a risk either way..
As a doctor, Zoey was often called to make tough decisions. You see two men in your triage, both with mortal wounds. You had to decide which needed your attention first. It was like choosing, in effect, which person to kill. Zoey had led a team of specialists most of her career however. When those tough decisions came, it was on her shoulders to make the call.
The rattle of gunfire erupts from Zoey's rifle, three distinct Ta-ta-ta's. The shot was difficult, at best.. The bullets find their mark exactly where Zoey had intended for them to strike, just slightly above the grille, dead center. Perhaps by a miracle, perhaps with extreme skill, Zoey managed to disintegrate the vehicles alternator, immediately severing all juice to the fuel-injectors and spark plugs. The engine immediately dies.
»V.. Vehicle is stalled, decelerating rapidly!« she calls, almost disbelieving her own eyes.

Slinger is moving toward the vehicle at a rapid pace through the air, building up some substantial velocity himself. "Shit. Dark windows. I can't see shit! Shoot out a window on the passenger side!" he calls out, speaking swiftly while he drops down toward ground level, lining up for line-of-sight. If only he could /see/! Frustrated, he prepares a spell, knowing that he, himself, is a target as well. And he swiftly checks the astral plane before returning his attention to the physical.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Car skill vs handling + wound mod for required crash test.":
1 2 2 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 5 for "Car skill vs handling + wound mod for required crash test. KP 1/3":
1 5 5 9 = 3 Successes

The Car's engine doesn't just die, it shatters, the hood flying open as its latch is destroyed, ratcheting back with the force of air pressure to shatter the windshield. The driver does everything he can, even as the power steering and breaks are severed. It's a heroic effort to keep the car straight, despite the terror that suddenly grips the occupants. The car slides ot a stop in the gravel, smoke and dust rising around it, about 30 feet from Zoey.

«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Assault Rifles + 5 vs TN 2 for "3 round, gel, 9S stun, no recoil.":
1 2 2 2 4 5 5 5 10 11 13 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Assault Rifles + 4 vs TN 2 for "Again":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 = 9 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "I think its fair to say no windows remain on the car. POse it."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 vs TN 6 for "Magi":
1 2 4 5 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 vs TN 6 for "Sammi":
3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "Driver":
2 3 5 5 = 0 Successes

Zoey nods silently to the voice in her ear. She quickly swaps her explosive ammunition for the more friendly gel ammo she carried with her. She takes a bead on the car, aiming down her sights, finger squeezing the trigger gently.. »Weapons free,« she returns, and begins opening up, bringing two, quick three-round bursts from her aged and trust assault rifle into the passengers side of the card. The fragile glass errupts into hundreds of tiny shards, likely harmless as the windows would more than likely be using safety glass. Their should be plenty of visibility, no doubt.

As a matter of fact, there's a LOT of visibility. Slinger can see the Driver and the Samurai in the passenger seat duck down, trying to avoid the situation, while the Magi next to the boy looks to be about to cast a spell at the one woman she CAN see… Zoey may have a real bad day when this issues over.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 + 7 (power focus) for "Stunball, F6, TN is their willpower. S damage base. This means we're dealing with split dice-pools ;)":
2 2 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 5 5 7 8 9 10 13
«OOC» Johny says, "Her willpower is 5. I see… uh.."
«OOC» Johny says, "a lot of successes."
«OOC» Slinger says, "This is stun /ball/."
«OOC» Johny says, "Oh."
«OOC» Slinger says, "This means it affects everybody in the vehicle, including the kid."
«OOC» Johny says, "My."
«OOC» Slinger says, "So… if the mage has only willpower 5, no need to karma."

«OOC» Slinger says, "Now, she gets to roll willpower PLUS any spell defense dice (which come from spell pool) versus TN 6. Unless she's using Shielding or something like that. She has to negate my successes. If she's using spell defense, then those come out of my successes for EVERYONE. Otherwise, each person is handled independently against my roll."
«OOC» Johny says, "Its fair to say eveyone in the car is sleeping."
«OOC» Johny says, "I can tell you that right off without rolling"
«OOC» Slinger says, "Okay. drain resist."

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 2 for "F6, Draincode is -1(DL+1), or 2D.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 5 5 = 7 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "Trauma damper goes munch on the remaining L."
«OOC» Johny nods.
«OOC» Johny says, "Give me uber spellcasting pose!"
Slinger pages: Actually… good odds the heavily cybered dude has a TD :) Put that in there to give her something else to do :)

Long distance to Slinger: Johny nods.
I don't recognize sligner.
No one to page.
You paged Slinger with 'pose the spell, I'll pose the results.'.
Slinger was gathering his energies, praying that he would get line of sight before the mage inside the vehicle had a chance to cast anything. And there it is, his opening. Once all three of the bad guys come into view, he blasts out with his spell, launching his energies downrange toward it in a shimmering cloud of force, sending waves of drowsy energy to batter their stamina.

The spell goes off dead center of the car, its energy radiating out to slam in to the occupants. Over and over, the waves of Mana batter the people. The child drops first, clutching his head with a scream. The Magi drops next, slumping over. The Driver slumps over the steering wheel, activating the horn while the passenger slumps over, one hand on his pistol.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 for "Sneaksy.":
2 3 3 4 5 13
«OOC» Johny says, "SLinger, give me a stealth check"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Stealth:
2 2 4
«OOC» Slinger says, "Karma that — that's, what, 9/19 now?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 3:
3 4 5
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. Give me inits now."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 3 for "+7, -3 for wound mods: +4 total":
2 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Initiative with a result of 16.
«OOC» Johny says, "14 for mr. Passenger sneaky-not-quite-sleeping man."
Long distance to Slinger: Johny grins.
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls 3 for "Init, add 5 to this.":
5 7 16
«OOC» Slinger says, "22"
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. So. Slinger, Zoey, Passenger, Slinger, Zoey, PAssenger, Slinger."

Slinger surveys his handiwork swiftly, grinning. And it shows in his voice. "I gotta go check out the house. Think you can bind 'em up?" And without waiting for an answer, Slinger slips out of his body, hovering where he is — near the ground, after moving behind some cover — and then detaches from his meatside body, rocketing toward the house. Or what's left of it.

Zoey begins slowly creeping toward the car, her combat boots grinding softly in the gravel of the road as she takes precision, measured footsteps. »Affirmative, keep my updated. Report in two minutes tops,« she says, with a very distinct air of authority in her voice. Of course, Slinger is now gone once more and does not respond. As Zoey approaches the car, she keeps her rifle aimed up, pointed forward, warily aiming between the various slouched figures, looking for ANY sign of movement. Zoey was also acutely aware of an unconscious person breathing patterns and exactly what they look like.

«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 2 4 5 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Intelligence for "4/7":
1 1 1 1 2 3 5 22
«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Biotech for "Comp dice. Cus I can.":
2 3 4 4 4 4 5

Down the road, the elemental has fully engulfed the home, seeming to enjoy the immolation. It has materialized as a massive humanoid form made of plasma, like a plastic shell of humanity filled with the raw stuff of stars. It's hands jet out more fire now and then, adding to the intense heat of the house fire.

In the car, Zoey creeps closer, weapon at the ready. She eyes the Magi in the back seat.. out like a light. The child.. out. The driver… Out… But the passenger. No. You can tell by the [tech talk here] that he's faking, his hand twitching, his eyes, though closed, moving to track sound.

Slinger eyes the thing — and right now, one thing is certain. The /last/ thing he wants is to fight it meatside. The house, he can already tell, is a total loss — and if anyone /was/ alive in there, they're dead now. But the elemental itself needs to die. He exhales into the air, and then eyes the thing, grinning broadly. And lashes out from a distance with a spell…

«Auto-Judge[]» Zoey (#6237) rolls Aikido + Combat Pool: 3 vs TN 4 for "You'll have to adjust that TN. I don't even remember.":
1 3 5 7 8 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 vs TN 8 for 'counter attac'
2 3 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 5 vs TN 3 for "Dermal Sheathing":
2 2 3 3 10 = 3 Successes

Zoey's footfalls were surprisingly silent as she sidesteps toward the vehicle. She regarded each person in the car warily. The boy, she was certain was out. The female mage was breathing very shallow, maybe even drooling a liitle. Nope. The driver was hunched over the steering wheel, blaring the horn loudly. She can clearly see a slight trickle of blood running down the side of his head. Breathing, shallow. Also out.. The passenger..
Zoey comes up right next to the window, eyeing the man. She can easily tell he is faking. His breathing wasn't shallow, and she clearly catches a glance of his eyes moving, and not in a pattern consistent with REM. She smiles vaguely a moment, lowering the tip of her rifle away from the faker. She leans into the window really closely and whispers, "Not foolin' anyone t'day, mate." She quickly reaches her hand down to back of the passengers head, grabs a tuft of his hair, reels his head back, and swiftly slams it forward into the dashboard. She hears a crunch from the impact. The man slumps into his seat.
Zoey looks to the child in the back seat and smiles. "Sorry little brother," she tells his unconscious form. Zoey swings her assault rifle back on it's sling, out of her way. She gets some snap-ties out of her backpack and goes about the arduous task of binding everyones hands.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Magic vs TN 2 for "Filtering, TN is 2. Need 4 successes. Effect lasts (init grade) * (10 - bgcount) = 6 * 8 = 48 turns.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 9 9 11 = 9 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "I can now ignore background count."
«OOC» Johny nods.
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 8 for "Stunbolt, F6. TN is its willpower.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 10 11 13 = 3 Successes

<Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 8 for "Stunbolt, F6. TN is its willpower.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 10 11 13 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 7 (power focus) - 3 (succs) vs TN 8 for "Stunbolt, F6. TN is its willpower. KP 10/19":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 8 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 2 + 7 (power focus) - 5 (succs) vs TN 8 for "Stunbolt, F6. TN is its willpower. KP 12/19":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 16 = 1 Success
«OOC» Slinger says, "6 successes. Drain resist:"
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "F6, -1(DL), 2S drain.":
2 2 4 4 5 5 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 16 vs TN 6 for "8 will, + 8 spell defense":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 16 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Oh -wow-."
«OOC» Slinger says, "It has 8 KP."
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 16 - 1 vs TN 6 for "8 will, + 8 spell defense KP 1":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 5 5 5 10 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 16 - 3 vs TN 6 for "8 will, + 8 spell defense KP 3":
1 1 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 9 9 11 = 3 Successes

SPELL NEGATED

On the astral plane, Slinger lashes out with a relatively powerful spell — and as he expected, it just bounces off of the creature. He did expect that, though he can tell that it had to use some of its energy to counter it. And he curls up his lips in a grin. /He/ can do this all day. Well… maybe not all day. All right. Not even close to all day.

The spell does infact slide off the creature. It turns to look at slinger, sitting there in astral space. The way he looks. The spell that hit him. The power. No. This is not a fight the elemental wants to be in… and theres nothing binding him here now. The house is burnt down. The Magi is unconscious and unable to give new orders.

The Elemental dematerializes, preparing to withdraw.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 7 (power focus) vs TN 8 for "Another Stunball, this one also S damage.":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 5 5 5 14 17 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 7 (power focus) - 2 (succs) vs TN 8 for "Another Stunball, this one also S damage. KP 13/19":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 11 16 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 7 (power focus) - 4 (succs) vs TN 8 for "Another Stunball, this one also S damage. KP 15/19":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 11 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8 vs TN 6:
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Slinger says, "5 succs coming at it this time."
«OOC» Slinger says, "And it's out of spell pool, yeah :)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8 - 1 vs TN 6 for "KP 4":
4 5 5 5 7 9 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8 - 4 vs TN 6 for "KP 6":
2 3 3 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Thats all the KP he can put in, so thats 4."
«OOC» Slinger says, "I still have 1 net success, which won't stage. Spirit takes S."
«OOC» Slinger says, "That lowers its astral movement to 5*astral move. Mine is 11*astral move."
«OOC» Zoey says, "That is a tough bastard of a spirit."
«OOC» Johny nods.
«OOC» Slinger says, "It is!"
«OOC» Johny says, "Pose it."

And even as the spirit abandons the physical world and the burning wreckage of the house left behind, Slinger winds up and hits it again, almost as hard as last time, forcing it to burn more of its energy even as it tries to flee. The young mage's astral body is sweating, and his physical form even emits a faint grunt of effort, perhaps audible in the microphone.

Right about now Zoey is finishing up with binding everyones hands and has begin dragging them out of the vehicle, laying them on the side of the gravel road. She is pulling the mage out when she hears something odd over the comm. »Sorry, repeat last transmission?« she asks, still obvlivious to exactly what Slinger is doing unfortunately. She slumps the mage next to her other friends, leaving only the boy laying on the back seat. She grabs the kid and slowly heavs him over his shoulder, grunting softly from the effort. Again over the comm, »Mr. Slinger, please come in?«

Commlink-«<Nacht»» Johny says, "Don't bother. He's probably astral."

Wounded, with a mage of Slingers Calibre on its tail, the man who is the the heart of a star knows fear. It turns, leaving a trail of flame and smoke across the astral sky, becoming a comet, streaking through the heavens.

«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 7 (power focus) + 6 (astral combat pool) vs TN 4 for "Attacking it in astral combat.":
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 8 13 14 25 = 10 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Lots."
«Auto-Judge[]» Slinger (#69) rolls Sorcery + 7 (power focus) + 6 (astral combat pool) - 10 (succs) vs TN 4 for "Attacking it in astral combat.":
1 1 3 3 4 4 4 7 8 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8 + 8 (Astral Pool) vs TN 7 for "Fuck me man, I just want to torch a school. Is that so wrong? I am what I am, DEAL WITH IT!":
1 1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 10 10 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8 + 8 (Astral Pool) - 3 vs TN 7 for "Fuck me man, I just want to torch a school. Is that so wrong? I am what I am, DEAL WITH IT! KP 7":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "10 net to you."
«OOC» Slinger says, "Er, 9D. Gods."
«OOC» Slinger says, "It gets to roll body, plus its remaining four dice, versus 9D."
«OOC» Johny nods.
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8 + 4 (astral) vs TN 9:
1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 5 10 11 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Slinger says, "There's 2. It needs 2 more :)"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8 + 4 (astral) - 2 vs TN 9 for "Kp 8":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 5 7 9 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Doh!"
«OOC» Slinger says, "And that's all she wrote :)"
«OOC» Johny says, "He's down. Dispersed. Pose it!"

And as soon as he sees the spirit wounded, Slinger dives in for the kill, taking advantage of his greater speed in the astral realm — and he /rockets/ over the landscape in pursuit. He closes with the spirit, his hands outstretched with arcs of power, and /slams/ into the spirit like a bullet, rending it and dissipating it, flying through the astral debris triumphantly. Damn. Too bad nobody was here to see that! But enough of that — he jets back toward his body, pausing to make passes through the house — and make sure there is no one left alive in there.

The house is a total loss, but there are no active auras to be seen in the conflagration as it burns.

Slinger passes through the house, then also checks the surrounding region, just to make sure there are no snipers nearby. And then he returns to his body, a few moments later. "Everything clear?" he asks on the radio, as soon as he's back in gear. "Kid okay, bad guys tied up?" He could already see her aura, surrounded by the four snoozing people. "Might make sure the mage, especially, stays out." And he cancels the invisibility spell and moves forward to assist with loading them into the SUV.

»Roger that,« that returns to Johny, and continues on with her mission. With the boy over her shoulder, she carefully makes her way back to the SUV. Opening the door, Zoey slowly and gently sets the young drakeling into the back seat, taking care not to jostle him around too much.»Affirmative, I've set the boy in the back of the SUV, I'll join you momentarily.« She looks at the boy a moment, burning with indecision.. She knew she couldn't wake him up. He could get hysterical. Best to let him sleep. She did consider giving him a mild sedative to help him sleep soundly for a few hours, but without being knowledgeably about drakeling biochemistry, it could be a bad idea. Finally she decides she can't do anything for him just yet except make him comfortable and give him a looking over to make sure he has no other immediate injuries before returning to help Slinger with the others.

The cars not going anywhere. The driver has a concussion, the samurai-passenger has a knot the size of rhode island and the mage is just -fucking out-.

Slinger uses his Levitate spell to help with the unconscious ones, since the spell is stronger than he is, and he shoots a grin to Zoey. "That was amazing, the way all the windows went. Just pssh, pssh, pssh…" He grins impishly. "Good thing you did — I can't zot what I can't see." He says this as he works, making sure they're tied securely, just as a double-check. But of course Zoey did a good job with the zip-ties. "So whatcha think? I say we take these guys back to Draco, let them decide what to do with them."

Zoey rejoins with Slinger, glad to see that he is okay after their not-so-long-yet-felt-like-forever radio silence. She smiles to him and his elaboration of the events. "I'm sure Mr. Wulfson has plans for them. They are lucky to be alive," she says, glancing them over.
The british womans voice chirps over the commline again. »We have neutralized three suspects. One, caucasian female, awakened. Two, olive-colored ork male, likely augmented. Three, caucasian human male, low-threat. Please advise,« she asks. When in doubt, ask the CO.

Commlink-«<Nacht»» Johny says, "Is the boy alive?"

Zoey adds to this in time with Johny, »The boy is secure in the vehicle, appears unharmed.«.

Slinger smirks, and there is the sound of his visor lifting, and a cancer stick being lit. "Kid is alive and snoozing," Slinger confirms. "Taking a nap. Other three are out like the proverbial lights. Even with what they did, I'd rather not toast them myself, if you know what I mean." Slinger makes sure they're all loaded up nicely in the SUV, then wanders toward the front of it — making sure it didn't get too badly dinged up or scratched. He hates it when his car gets shot at.

Commlink-«<Nacht»» Johny says, "I'm sending you an address. A clean-up team will collect the hostiles and take the child to his parents. You did good work tonight, Dr. Einhart, Mr. Smith. Thank you."

"Noted. And base — you and I need to have a nice long chat over a drink or two… and I got some things to talk to you about regarding what we're getting paid for this, if we can chat about that." The kid has that 'let's make a deal' sound in his voice, after all.

Slinger pages: Specifically, was thinking about getting some of that cyberware as part of the payout instead of cash :)

Zoey nods to her unseen voice, datajack still sending voiceless transceiver signals back and forth from her radio. »Affirmative, awaiting coordinates for delivery. Dr. Einhart out,« She waits for the transmission coordinates and any last notes from base before commiting radio silence. Once done, Zoey fires up the SUV's engine and begins casually driving back the way they had come. She unshoulders her M-23 and sets the weapon down between her and Slinger. He Ares-II helmet is similarly removed, freeing her short, platinum blonde hair from the confines of the thing. She sighs, letting what little anxiety was in her out.
"Thank you, Mr. Smith, for staying your hand and sparing lives," she tells him truthfully.
You paged Slinger with 'Sure. I'm not going to submit this until tomorrrow or the next day. to tired to do the math tonith, but 30k in ware should be doable.'.

Commlink-«<Nacht»» Johny says, "I hear you, Mr. Smith. We will talk soon."

Slinger'll get behind the wheel this time, and drive to the address in question. Once there, hopefully others take care of getting the kid. "Too bad he'll never know who we are. Though probably for the best," Slinger remarks. "I'd probably be a helluva bad influence," he says with a grin.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License