Poisoning the Well

Contact for Blackwater (#2524)
Contact Name: Mother Tahbeh
Level: 1
Type: talismonger


Contact for Kassandra (#9777)
Contact Name: Ocean
Level: 2
Type: fixer
GM Note: Sara Ocean is a fixer who doesn't specialize. Instead, she offers all sorts of wares, jobs, and information in exchange for the same, or cash, whichever the client has. While they have a new relationship, they are working hard together to accentuate their similar styles and make a great deal of money together.


The Runners are contacted by their contacts. The job sounds on the up and up. A smash and smash some more, on some targets inside the containment zone. High value targets, for the situation at hand. The job requires you meet with the transport just outside Cherry Creek, the CAS. Look for the black bigrig.

Silk winces, pushing herself up off the couch. She takes a deep breath, clearing her head and moving to dress, heading out to snag one of her mission bags from its secret location before negotiationg a path towards Cherry Creek. Along the way, she'll check with her contacts on how preparations are going and if supplies are being distributed.

Tailpipe is always always ready to rock, or party. Whichever the case may be. She hops on her trike and finagles a way past the boarder checks to get to the so-called meeting point. An adventure unto itself, but a story for another time. The engine of her bike rattles windows and doors alike as she pulls up beside the black truck, killing the motor as she yells out, "Dis da place? Anyone Home?!"

The Rig's rear ramp slides down, a mist of fog wafting down the incline, leaving Mr. Duncan Sorenson, dressed in a black suit, hands clasped behind his back, standing at the top of the ramp. "Silk. Tailpipe." He says, with a nod of his polychromatic head. Thats about all he can get out before he busts a grin.. "EEYYYY! Come on up! We gonna bust some shit,m gonna break some shit, gonna get PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYD!"

Kassandra arrives at the big rig, eyes coming to Blindside in a … suit?? Silk boggles for a moment before breaking into a shake of her head and a grin, starting up the ramp. "Well this ought to be an interesting job."

Annnie pulls up in her own beast of a vehicle, hopping out and then tromping up the ramp into the back of the big rig. She's a little late, but at least she is here.

Tailpipe stops her way up the ramp, shotgun on a sling over one shoulder, and a MGL holstered over the other while her vest and belt bulge with various bits of ammunition and explosives. "Is read to be blowing shit up!"

Better late than never. Blindside steps back in to the rig, with Mr. Jeeves, Bambi, Mutt and Jeff all sort of standing around and looking important. "Okay. So like, heres da thing." Says Blindside, turning to plop down in a dwarf sized chair (There is a troll sized and two normal sized provided) at a table. Bambi moves over, bending over far too deeply to deliver a drink to blindside.

"This isn't a nicey nice Karl Kombatmage kinda ting, ya scan me? We're gonna go do tin'gs dats gonna be unpopular and unliked, but we's gettin paid for it."

Kassandra snags a seat, settling in stiffly, although not from posture. She frowns at her left leg a moment before turning her attention entirely to Blindside, eyes travelling over Bambi a moment.

Theres a lot of bambi to travel.

Annie takes a seat as well, crossing her feet at the ankles and lacing her fingers casually behind her head. "I didn't jump into the shadows to sign autographs or get my picture on a childs lunchbox.", she chuckles, "Whats the score and how much?"

Tailpipe flops heavily into her seat, snearing at the scantly clad thing serving the dwarf. "Long as pays, is not careing what need doing. Orphanage attacked first, is telling you!"

Blindside pats Bambi on her supple, flesh-like ass. THe robot manages a good mimicry of being shocked and faux-dismayed, a hand coming to her lips. "Mr. Sorenson! I -do- declare!"

"Get some drinks for my chums." He says, leaning in to talk to the others. "Someone's willing to pay me a cool 120,000 Jap, to have us take out a series of cisterns and water storage tanks in the Warrens, tonight."

Bambi flounces off, every ounce of her flesh-like frame jiggling in fashions to please and tease.

Kassandra seems somewhat distracted by Bambi's faux-dismay, arching an eyebrow. Her attention snaps back laser-quick, however, as money is discussed. "Intriguing. I am in, of course."

Annnie nods, "Sounds simple enough and fair compensation. I'm in."

Blindside looks to tailpipe…

Tailpipe grins and cracks her knuckles. "Is blowing shit up? Hell yes is being in." She pats at one of the grenades hanging from her vest like it's a talisman. "Go now?"

Blindside grins to the women… "So right, like… Jeeves! The Map!" The Mister Fix-It trundles over, slamming in to the wall once, then twice, then beeping in a dismayed fashion. The wall then lights up, showing the warrens. "Here." A dot lights up near Hamden and Himilaya. "A group of squatters cleaned out a cistern and have been using it to collect water an shit. Boss wants it blown. Then here.." Another light at Quincy and 83. "An old sewer line in ceramic pipes was tapped in to, drawing fresh water in to the sprawl from Cherry Creek. Then here…"

A dot on smokey hill, out near the toll road that makes the outer boundary of the warrens. "An aqueduct feeds water in to Orktown. It needs to go."

Kassandra looks over the map, committing the various points to memory. She taps her fingertips on her thigh idly, asking, "Any complications or restrictions we should know about?"

"Hardest one should be orktown." Says the halfer, as Bambi brings back drinks for everyone. A selection of fizzypops, energy drinks, and two lines of Novacoke. "The others should be easy enough."

Annnie shakes her head as she is offered various refreshments, "No thanks", she mutters as she also peers closely at the map. "The orktown location usually field a decent defense force?", she inquires after a moment.
Tailpipe eyes the map. She sorta mostly understands it, but is unused to using one for the most part. "Is going in, dropping bomb, and running like hell. Easy fix."

Blindside pauses a moment, referencing something internally. Probably a chip. "They took some damage in the recent riots, and now some of them are sick. They are down, but wary. someone seems to have wised up and is guarding the water supplies… can expect some decent defense from some of Orktowns best."

"So we just have to make enough of a distraction or otherwise to give Tailpipe time to set bombs. Seems easy enough." Silk considers the map again, nodding to herself.

Annnie continues quietly studying the map, occasionally going 'hmm' or 'interesting'. Finally she leans back again, "We doing this tonight then? And just move from location to location or split up and do all three simul?"
Kassandra suggests, "Probably best to do one two three, just in case something comes along that one of us is unable to handle."

Blindside gestures with the palms of his hands. "This is for you fine women to handle. I'm just transport and extraction."

Annnie shrugs, "I would suggest the orktown site first then. If they get word that Warrens water supplies are being targeted, they will bring in the big guns."

Tailpipe nods. "Biggest boom first. They all come running while going to rest. IS good!"
Kassandra nods. "I'd agree to that. If the orktown site has the best defenses, then we get the hard fight out of the way first." She grins at Tailpipe and rises from her seat. "Alright then, let us away."
Blindside stands up. "Now, Annie, Go ahead and pull your truck up inside here, unless you want to do your own driving tonight, and I'll pull the rig in to the warrens."

Kassandra raises a finger and heads out as well to collect her gear bag before they take off.
Annnie nods to Blindside and issues a few instructions to Obie. "Sounds good. I've got all of my appicable gear inside the rig."

"Scabby!" Calls out the dwarf.

"Scabbard Transportation System Online." The truck responds, its voice sounding like nothing so much as Optimus Prime.

"Contact Gladius and Cerberus. Tell them to run flank for us. You're going to have a guest in the bay until we get to the Warrens. Set a course for the Cherry Creek Reservoir Aqueduct for entry past the quarantine."

"Rolling out." Responds Scabbard, waiting for everyone to get back in the vehicle.

Kassandra comes back in quickly, having changed outside. Best not to let Blindside see a real woman naked. She brings a bag along with her, nodding to the others. "Alright, let's do this."

Annnie rides inside her own vehicle inside the big rig, changing into her heavy armor and getting geared up for a real fight. It's been a slow week and she needs to relieve a bit of stress, and nothing does that for the diminutive mage like blowing shit up.

Kassandra asks Annie, "Figure we want to hit them from a distance rather than up close? A distraction to draw out their forces to let Tailpipe get in close?"

Tailpipe gets her bike squeezed into the tail end of the trailer then moves up front to wait out the ride, grenade in her hand as she idly pulls a pin, then puts it back in…Well, she doesn't have a pistol to cock and uncock. "So…is haveing any explosives to use? Is riging something with nades if have to>"

There's a subtle shifting of the airpressures in the tires, the swing and sway of the suspension and then the tension of the breaks as the new vehicle is accounted for by the onboard computers. Scabbard, with Cerberus at the rear, and Gladius at the point, rolls out. It's own little semi-autonomous convoy. Blindside looks to the others. "I was provided some charges you can use, yes, but I kinda thought yal heavy ass hitters would have something of your own."

Annnie nods to Kassandra, "Might be a good idea.", she peers at the map, "What did you have in mind for a distraction that the two of us could pull off?"

Kassandra shakes her head to Tailpipe, "I've committed all the explosives I had on hand to another project. There are lots of calls for explosions recently." She glances back to Annie and remarks, "Well, a good fire, real or not, tends to draw people out in the Warrens. Things burn way too easily there."

Annnie considers the fire option and nods, "I could deploy an elemental to set a few small blazes. Just flicker around, start one and then move. It could likely do a dozen locations before the first fire became noticeable."

Annnie adds, "Though the orktown people may draw water from our target location to fight the fire. That might make it way too visible."

Tailpipe shrugs at that. "Is able to make boom if needed. Just takes little longer is all." She says as she pockets the grenade…after putting the pin back in. "Can also start fires!" She says, her eyes lighting up.
Blindside is ensconced in the cab of the truck. There's a slight bounce inside, indicating you have turned off the paved roads…

Kassandra nods, "And when they come out to see what is the matter, Tailpipe can move in. If that fails, well, spells and sniper fire can provide a distraction as well, after a fashion."

Tailpipe grins. "And if fails more. Is just blowing everything up and calling good day!"

Kassandra laughs. "It's a win-win, eh Tailpipe?"

Annnie nods to Kassandra, "Probably the best move would be for me to accompany my elemental for the fire starting, so I can make sure it is done properly.", she pauses and closes her eyes. A moment later her elderly form ripples and is replaced with a slightly more Warrens friendly appearance. Her eyes open once more and she goes back to the planning routine, chuckling a bit at Tailpipes comments.

Kassandra nods to that, checking the load on several pistols before pulling out a matte-black case, a thin set of straps around it for ease of carrying on her back.

The truck lurchs suddenly and violently to one side, but recovers quickly. "Don't mind me. Just driving through an old flood abatement tunnel near the reservoir… it ain't made for rigs."

Tailpipe simply takes the time to make sure she's got her MGL loaded up, and preps for some fun tonight. "Ok. Is getting there yet?" She yells out, hanging on for dear life as the truck tries to disco.

Annnie waits for Kassandra to finish getting ready before asking, "Any suggestions for fire locations?"
There's silence for a moment, and then the back ramp cracks, then lowers down. Blindside comes back throgh, dressed in a black driving suit, with a motorcyle/racing style helmet under his short arms. To the back of the truck, there comes the roar of a V8 Engine. "Me and Cerberus, we're going for a drive, to give ya some distraction as needed."

Cerberus, just outside? She's a warrens vehicle if you ever saw one. Clear, obvious armor, a massive cannon and enough torque to pound nails through a two by four with its cock alone.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Small Unit Tactics + Task Pool: 1 for "Fire?":
1 1 3 3 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence + Task Pool: 1 for "Fire?":
1 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 9

You paged Kassandra with 'For Ork town, distraction fires may be good at either end of Arapaho. Theres some old junkyards with lots of flamable.'.

Kassandra pulls her helmet out of the bag last, looking over the map. She considers a moment, then points, "Here and here, both ends of Arapaho. If I recall, those are old junkyards there, with likely some good flamable objects."

Tailpipe has no helmet, no special armor…hell, she's practicably dressed in just her vest and pants, despite the winter weather. Amazing the girl hasn't lost something to frostbite yet. She stands and unshoulders her shotgun, grinning as it looks like it's time to move. "Is time to party!"

Annnie nods, "Then I will go astral to accompany my elemental. Be back as soon as it is done.", she pauses and looks at the others, "Everyone on comms?"

Kassandra taps her head, "I am. Tailpipe?"

Commlink-B-Side> Blindside says, "I'm good."

Tailpipe shakes his head, pulling out a clunky but tough looking cellphone. "Is all be needing, right?"

Blindside settles his helmet on, strapping the chinstrap down. "Open up, Cerb!" The dwarf heads on down the ramp, to get in to the monster on wheels.

Kassandra digs in her bag, pulling out a commsystem unit with a throat mic and earpiece. She tosses it over to the troll, "Just in case."

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "Check check"

Commlink-Breeze> Annnie says, "I read ya."

Tailpipe eyes it a moment before gingerly putting on the frail thing.

Commlink-Tailpipe> Tailpipe says, "FFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHhh Oh..push there to talk."

Blindside winces, settling himself in to the car. Fucken stupid ass trolls! But, they get the job done. Like forklifts. Sort of pointy, but useful.

Commlink-B-Side> Blindside says, "Okay. I'm good to go. I'll do a recon run. Yall use That bike and that truck, and we'll be rolling thunder.""

Annnie positions herself carefully then projects to the astral before bringing one of her elemental to the fore. "Let's go", she orders the elemental as she heads toward the first location indicated by Kassandra.

Kassandra gets ready to head out, seating the helmet on her head. She staggers as she bumps into a wall, grunting and biting down on a comment. She waits a moment then continues, moving out.

Private Comm to Silk(Blindside): "Silky baby, you okay? You look like you're piss drunk.

Private Comm to Blindside(Silk): "Ah, fine. Just a little sore. It's been a long week. Think I managed to bruise my
thigh on the last run."

Private Comm to Silk(Blindside): "Alrighty. Do your thang, sexy, and lets go make some noise."

Tailpipe swaggers out of the truck, shotgun held against her shoulder as she stretches out, looking to Kass to lead the way.

Kassandra will get Annie to set the AnnieMobile on the way before she goes Astral.
Tailpipe gets her trike out of the way, hopping onto it and following the ride.

Annnie flashes at astral speeds to the first location, then spends a few moments looking for the most interestingly flammable items in the area. Once those are located she orders the elemental to materialize and start a few fires. The elemental seems happy to accept this task since, it is what fire elementals do. Once the areas are blazing merrily away she moves to the other location.

Convoy! The player's vehicles travel through the hell that is the Warrens. Kassandra tries to maneuver the massive RV with verbal commands, wincing as they come too close to the occational parked car or pothole or screaming mob with pitchforks. "This this is massive. Jesus Christ." She shakes her head, looking out for catapults and crazed villagers.

Tailpipe is just happy to be roaring around on her massive sounding trike, weaving back and forth and just waving her shotgun anytime someone looks too closely.

Blindside runs outrider, bandit to Annie's snow-man. There comes a few points where sparks light off the surface of the car, but the armor he installed recently, the armor KAssandra got him, holds up well against the small arms. A burning dumpster is rammed, sent spenning off in to a crowd of people. YEah. Well, Blindsides a dwarf, not a saint.

The warrens are in chaos. This, is why the warrens are being contained. When people realized something was wrong, there was an immediate resource grab. Taking from those who have, for those who want. Stores are being sacked, some storefronts are burning. Mostly on the main streets, and so blindside takes the crew down side streets where he can.

Kassandra whistles quietly, watching the fires and destruction.

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "At this rate, we might not even have to do the job. These people are savaging everything."

Commlink-Tailpipe> Tailpipe says, "So is…not blowing shit up?"

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "Oh no, we are. Just making social commentary."

Annnie would comment on comms, but she is astral and traveling about from target burn zone to burn zone.

Commlink-B-Side> Blindside says, "These folk. Like savages. Get a little diarrhea and they are over everyone. Hang a left up here on Orchard. Be ready to run high speed past the old high school there. I hear there's a gang holded up there shooten at people."

Kassandra keys once to acknowledge Blindside, giving the appropriate order to the AI running this behemoth. She watches the carnage outside, preparing herself for action, just in case. The elaborate skillsoft system flashes its readiness as she waits, the diagnostics reading green.


«OOC» Blindside says, "Drivers, give me a vehicle skill test, TN is 4, as we bypass the school."
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls Car (Mustang) + 2 (Vehicular evasion comp) + 9 (Control pool) vs TN 2 for "Riggers rule. At least, when in a car.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 8 11 = 18 Successes
«OOC» Blindside says, "Yeah, so blindside sort of slides past. Barely"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "I dunno what Obie needs to roll."
«OOC» Blindside says, "Annie will."
«OOC» Annnie says, "Gah…roll code not working. Just a sec"
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Bike:
2 2 5 5
«OOC» Blindside says, "Tailpipes fine."
«Auto-Judge[]» Annnie (#8956) rolls 1:
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Annnie (#8956) rolls 10 vs TN 4 for "Pilot + Autosoft":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 8 10 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Blindside says, "Okay. You can pose driving through a hail of small arms fire, but avoiding the fire. Blindside dances, Annie chargers through and tailpipe sort of jiggers and gets lucky"


Tailpipe oo's at that coming over the comm, shouldering her shotgun and deholstering her MGL instead. "Woooo! Make some toasty gangers tonight!"

Kassandra listens to the sound of lead rain outside as Obie does some of that fancy pilot shit to avoid the majority of the war outside. She ducks anyway, just in case. She might have sold some of these clowns aye-vee ammo.

Near the old Arapaho High School, Blindside double clutches and downshifts for more power. The V8 roars and that transmission doesn't much care for the situation. Small arms fire starts to pepper the area as gunners up in the old bell tower start raining fire from pistols, rifles and anything else they can do. Sliding the rear end of the car around in to a powered drift slide, Blind is able to actually drive just beyond the range of the weapons, even if it is sort of up on the sidewalk.

Obie's massive diesel revs up a bit as the school zone approaches. The Bison lurches a few times as the Robotic pilot alters speed or course to provide itself some momentary cover behind some of the gangers previous vehicular victims. There is an audible clanking sound as the topside turret deploys and then a soft whirring sound as the heavy minigun begins it's pre-fire cycling. Unless the gangers leave the school however, the Bison refrains from opening fire.

Tailpipe simply guns it, the roar of the engine one to rival even BS's car as it tears along the road at such a pace that it would be hard to track well enough to shoot. And she's loving it the entire way, launching off a grenade towards the front of the building where the gang is shooting from.

The Arapaho highschool building behind you now, you approach smoky hill and himilaya, where the often maligend Aurora Academy of Self Defense is located. Only 2 people own it, but like, theres 90 of them. Orktown to the south, smoky hill to the east. The aqueduct to the south east and about a mile off the main road.

Kassandra watches the road, eyeing the AASD. She shakes her head at some of the fires and people screaming in the streets, ignoring the occational bounce as they run over something. It may or may not have once been a person, or an animal. Or ghoul. Doesn't really matter, it was probably dead before they hit it.

Tailpipe follows along in her same way, weaving back and forth. "Is going faster, eh? Is getting bored."

Annnie travels astrally to the second of the two locations pointed out by Kassandra and once again sets the elemental to doing what it does best. Namely, burning things.

Yeah. Heroes, all. Runnen shit over, runnin people over… burnen shit. A rather large explosion back at the other end of the warrens goes up, where a fire elemental set off the oil dump of a wrecking yard. FOOM. Thats gonna burn for days. Lovely, that.

Silk commands Obie to pull over, preparing to disembark. "Alright, I'll get out here. Button up and don't let anyone approach that isn't me or Annie." She makes ready to head out, the image of the map burned in her head, eyes already searching for a good place to find to shoot from.

Blindside slides to a stop, queing up the comm

Commlink-B-Side> Blindside says, "Okay. I'll keep driven around and making a nusance of myself. Let me know when you need to beat feet, ya scan?"

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "Affirmative. I am going to find high ground and cover Tailpipe. I imagine we'll start hearing screams about the fires soon."

Tailpipe skids to a stop with the rest, engine rumbling as she looks to the others. "Is close now, da? Is getting us closer!" She revs the bikes massive engine and grins.

Kassandra waits at the doorway, eyes sliding back to Annie's unconscious form. She waits, shifting the weight on her back, holding onto the doorframe.

Her eyes slide over the unconscious mages form, oh yes, so delightfully, curves of the purest stretch of autobaun, form like gods own.. And then Blindside realizes his fantasies are on the outside again.

The second area fires go off, but with less amazing results. Still, a respectable fire is started in a group of old tract housing that currently house something less than tracts.

Annnie finishes lighting up the second location, dismisses the elemental from active service, then speeds back to the area where the team was supposed to be parking to commence the assault. She rejoins her body and unstraps herself from the command chair before joining back up with Silk. "It's done.", she adds simply.

Kassandra nods, "Let's go be bad guys." She turns and heads out of the vehicle, casting a look around before moving to find high ground, her eyes watching the buildings nearby as she looks for a good spot to play high guard.

Tailpipe waits to be told where to go, Kass being the one that really understood the maps best.
Blindside disappears back up smoky hill, tires squeeling in the night. He's not been able to drive like this, since detroit!

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "Ok, Tailpipe. You need to head out towards the target, which is in X direction, about Y distance. We'll cover you. Trash it, bomb it, whichever, and we'll pull out."

Annnie nods to Kassandra and follows the other elf, checking her own mundane weaponry as she does so. Almost as an afterthought she activates the hazmat enviroseal on her armor. Hey, it's the Warrens during a friggin plague.

The Terrain here is slightly more hilly and rocky than the rest of the relatively flat warrens, which accounts for it not being built on. The rise goes up a few hundred feet, where the spring is located whereupon from which the water does flow in to the culvert and then down in to ork town.

Tailpipe roars on up the hill, fishtailing her bike about as she reaches the crest. «OK…is doing what again?» She asks as she keeps her weapons ready.

«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 3:
2 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 4:
4 4 7 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 4:
2 2 3 11
«OOC» Blindside says, "Okay!"
«OOC» Blindside says, "Gimmie some intelligence checks, folks."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence for "Eeek":
2 2 2 2 2 4 9 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Intelligence (to Blindside) for "Intel Roll FTW!":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 7 15

You paged (Kassandra, Annie) with 'You can see, up on the hill, a duck blind sort of thing, looks like what city folk would use to try and look like they didn't want to be looked at, and still keep the rain off them.'.

You paged (Kassandra, Annie) with 'A small light seems to be in use inside it, maybe a lamp or a small fire. It's what gave it away. That and the corrugated tin roof'.

You paged Tailpipe with 'There seems to be a trail that heads right up the mountain.'.

Kassandra hunkers down, comming something Annie while triggering the visual mag on her goggles, looking over the light.

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "Looks like there is someone up there. Would have been a good spot."

Annnie stops as well, crouching down behind Kassandra and waiting for the all clear. She lets Kass worry about the little hovel and spends the time looking around warily for any potential threats.

«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Bike vs TN 2:
2 2 3 4 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Blindside says, "Tailpipe, how you going up the hill?"
«OOC» Tailpipe says, "Quickest way. If it's the trail, so be it. If not, then up the side, offroad style!"
«OOC» Blindside says, "Okay! The trail it is!"
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1 for "Mystery":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1 for "Mystery":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1 for "Mystery":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1 for "Mystery":
4
«OOC» Blindside says, "Okay! So gimme 4 intelligence checks"
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 3 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Intelligence:
2 3 3 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1 for "How far away is tailpipe when her bike triggers the tripwire on the claymore mine?":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls 2 vs TN 8 for "One s wound, coming up.":
2 2 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Bike vs TN 4 for "CRASH CHECK -2 for damage, S Damage":
2 2 3 4 = 1 Success

As the troll roars up the hill trail, there comes a flash of light, the sort of -pop- that is never a good thing. The impact wave slams tailpipe a moment later, the flash lighting up the hillside.

Kassandra immediately squelches the radio as the explosion kicks off, instinctively dropping low and waiting.

Tailpipe lets out a roar of frustration more than pain as she feels hundreds of steel balls slam against her bike, skidding to a stop as she glares back at where the explosion came from. "Oh, they is gonna die now. DIE!" She roars in rage, unslinging her grenade launcher and making her way up the rest of the way on foot, staying off to the side of the trail.

«OOC» Blindside says, "Okay. Lets get some inits, since -evvvvvvvvvveryones awake now-."

«Auto-Judge[]» Tailpipe (#3144) rolls Initiative with a result of 7.
«Auto-Judge» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Initiative with a result of 12.
«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Initiative with a result of 30.
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1 for "Duckblind 1 (Remington 950 Rifle, Skill 5, 10 shells) +6":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 1 for "Duckblind 1 (Mossberg CMDT, 5 shells, 5 skill) +7":
5
«OOC» Blindside says, "Okay."

Annnie remains a few paces behind Kass, warily looking around for potential threats/targets. She pulls her own pistol out and simply holds it at the ready for the moment, its weight somehow reassuring in spite of it's relative uselessness at this range.

Kassandra stays low, carefully sliding the rigged case off her back. It snaps open by touch, her hands finding the pieces by rote memory, snapping connection A into slot B and so on. She keeps her eyes on the duck blind, letting her hands work.

On the count of twelve, the door to the duck blind opens, so seen by the splay of light. From the range, it may be difficult to tell just who or what comes out, but a body does move out.

Tailpipe tromps up the hill off the path, grenade launcher ready for use while she scans the area, intent on blowing the bastards up that dared blow shit up at her.

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 vs TN 7 for "Base tn 5 + 2 (bg count) = 7. F6D Stunbolt.":
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 9 13 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 10 - 2 (successes) vs TN 7 for "Base tn 5 + 2 (bg count) = 7. F6D Stunbolt. kp 1/21":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 7 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5 vs TN 6:
1 3 3 4 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 4 vs TN 6 for "KP:1":
3 4 4 10 = 1 Success

«OOC» Blindside says, "Yeah. He's gonna go down."

«Target sighted», Annie subvocalizes over the comm. She seems about to start her usual sperethiel chant for centering but seems to think better of it. Instead she simply narrows her eyes in accompaniment to the soft whirr of her helmets image enhancing optics and flicks her fingers toward the guard as if attempting to spray him with a bit of water. The air softly ripples along the intervening distance and the guard manages a soft 'erk' sound as the stunbolt grounds out through his fragile meat based form. «Target down», she adds a moment later.
The Ork so far away, is thrown back by the force of the spell, his shotgun clattering to the ground, something that WILL draw Tailpipes attention.

«OOC» Blindside says, "Okay. Duckblind 1."
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5:
1 2 3 5 15
«OOC» Blindside says, "Duckblind 1 is able to locate annie (LOS works both ways) and is returning fire."
«OOC» Annie says, "I am hiding behind Kass! :p"
«OOC» Annie says, "Partial cover!"

«OOC» Kassandra O.O
«OOC» Annie says, "Hehe, sorry."
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5 (Skill) + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 6 for "Long Range, smartlink II, low light scope. KP is 4":
1 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 13 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5 (Skill) + Combat Pool: 5 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Long Range, smartlink II, low light scope. KP is 3":
1 1 3 3 3 4 5 8 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Blindside (#2329) rolls 5 (Skill) + Combat Pool: 5 - 3 vs TN 6 for "Long Range, smartlink II, low light scope. KP is 1":
1 1 2 2 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Blindside says, "Stand at 3 to hit Annie"
«OOC» Annie says, "May I attempt to dodge?"

«OOC» Blindside says, "Sure."
«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Combat Pool: 7 vs TN 4 for "Dodge pleez.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Combat Pool: 7 - 2 (successes) vs TN 4 for "Dodge pleez. kp 2/21":
1 4 5 5 10 = 4 Successes

Annie barely manages to catch the flash of the rifle from the blind before her amped reflexes act to throw her haphazardly to the side. She rolls a few paces away with the soft airborne whine of the narrowly passing rifle round echoing for a moment in her ears. «New target in the blind», she reports faithfully over the comm as her elven eyes probe the darkness looking for something that a spell could lock onto.

«OOC» Blindside says, "The man has sniper cover in the blind, the light inside is off. The most you can really see, is the rifle itself. If your rolled perception and got 2 successes at TN 12, I'd say you'd catch enough glimps to actually target the shooter."

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Intelligence vs TN 12 for "Yah, right. Thermal, Optical Mag 3, Elf Lowlife.":
1 1 2 2 4 5 5 5 5 5 8 11 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Annie says, "Elf lowlite"
«OOC» Blindside will give you 1 success for that.
«OOC» Blindside says, "-2 TN, so 10"
«OOC» Annie says, "I will kp it then"
«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Intelligence - 1 (successes) vs TN 12 for "Yah, right. Thermal, Optical Mag 3, Elf Lowlife. kp 3/21":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 10 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Centering vs TN 3 for "Centering vs penalties at 2:1 success ratio. Base tn 3 + 2 (BG) + 2 (cover) - 7 (init grade) = 3 (minimum tn)":
3 3 3 4 4 5 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Annie (#5398) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 1 vs TN 4 for "F6D Stunbolt.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 10 11 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Blindside says, "More than he has WP to resist. Pose it."

Annie finishes her evasive maneuver and her sharp elven eyes pick out the target inside the blind. She doesn't worry about a little softspoken Sperethiel limerick giving her away this time and a full blown nasty one rolls from her lips as she once again repeats the finger flicking gesture. The air ripples once more and another target goes down. «Another target down», Annie reports once more.

Kassandra continues assembling the rifle, eyes zoomed in on the action on the hilltop, her fingers nimbly moving to select the next piece, attaching the barrel to the main assembly, the stock clicking on as well. She works as quietly as she can, keeping her movements simple and machine perfect, first time every time. «Affirmative»

Kassandra finishes assembling the rifle, the clips slotting in easily, the scope attaching. The woman waits, quietly, bringing the rifle up and looking around.

Tailpipe is so pissed off, having missed out on her chance of revenge. She pulls out her shotgun as she advances up on the trail, blasting a full load of shot into one of the unmoving bodies. "Bastads." She mutters as she moves to the top. "Just blow dis ding and go."

The ork, who was going to have a headache, now has a life ache.

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "Let's do this, we are likely to be kneedeep in hostiles very soon."

Annie closes her eyes briefly and sighs as her migraine begins coming on again. «Yeah. In and out. Let's blow this joint.», she subvocalizes as her eyes continue scanning the horizon and the air overhead for potential targets.

Commlink-B-Side> Blindside says, "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOCKKADOCKKADOCKKA MOTHA FUCKKKKKKAAAAAA!"

Somewhere a few blocks away, a ford Pinto explodes.

Look, look, look for the enemy. Silk waits for the earth-shattering kaboom that should be coming any second from where Tailpipe is headed. She doesn't turn her head away as Blindside provides his own amusement, waiting instead, the fire command registered and waiting.

Tailpipe gets out a few of her lovely, wonderful, precious grenades as she walks to the edge of the basin, pulling the pin on one and putting it into the high volume water flow to be washed down stream before letting go. Then she takes another and tosses it into the pool, figuring the explosion will royally screw with the insulating clay.

Tailpipe make a run for her money once the nades are off and life, pounding dirt while avoiding the traps that had been setup before, making a dash for her bike.

Silk gives the area another sweep, looking for any sign of problems.

Almost in a perfect line, boom boom boom boom, the grenades go off, a second apart like Tailpipe lobbed them in to the water. A second later, the main grenades in the pool explode.. and the water starts pouring out the side of the shattered basin. Deep inside the spring, the earth shifts and the spring itself is plugged. This is going to piss off Orktown. A lot.

Aha! The earth-shattering kaboom! Silk starts to slowly back up, still watching Tailpipe, trusting Breeze to watch the other way.

Annie trails the others back to the vehicles, warily probing the earth and sky for any signs of potential pursuit. Orks. Drones. Doesn't matter….if she sees em, she will try to take them out. She just wants to get the paycheck and wash the stench of the Warrens out of her armor.

Prince, of the land of stench. And Annie could be a prince if she chose. Several vehicles seem to be heading your way, cross country, from Ork Town, with angry sounds rising from them. It's really, really, time to go.

Commlink-Silk> Kassandra says, "Move your ass, Tailpipe."

Tailpipe hops on her still idling bike, though the engine gives a bit of a screach as she revs it up, whipping it around and tearing back down to the roadways. «Is coming, ok? Is coming!»

Kassandra gives up on the whole stealth bit, taking off to follow Annie. She'll have to adjust the zero later, if she needs it. Right now, time to go. Silk glances back, comming to Tailpipe as she heads for Opie and the way out of this place.

Blindside slides around a corner, near by, roaring down the road past Opie. The sports car's spotlights illuminate the road in front of it. The cannon chatters off three quick rounds, hurtling forward and slamming an ork on a dirtbike and leaving less than that where he was.

Commlink-B-Side> Blindside says, "Gogogogogogogo!"

The Bisons engine is already running and the doors swing open as the runners approach. Annie pulls a cord from her remote deck and issues a few simple commands, rewarded a moment later as a pair of Strato-9's erupt from the RV's drone bay. The drones disappear into the dark night sky, their buzzing rotors heard for only a moment longer. Annie waits until Kass and Tailpipe are ready before jumping into the Bison as it is already on the move.

Kassandra makes the leap into the Bison, cradling the rifle as she hits the deck with an oof and a wave of warning pain. She grunts, pushing it back out of her immediate attention, sliding out of the way and trying to find a place to sit as they take off.

Tailpipe waists no time, tearing off away from ork town at high speed, despite the protests her bike is throwing out with each turn and slide.

Kassandra disassembles her rifle as Annie and/or the Bison drives like a demon. Once the rifle is stowed she will spend her time looking at the carnage and battle outside the vehicle, silently cataloging everything going on for later review.

Annie straps herself down in Obie's command couch, jacking into the vehicle to control the guns if necessary and direct the roto drones somewhere overhead. The Bison color shifts through several patterns until it settles on something rather incongruous for the locale, meanwhile the Strato-9's take occasional potshots or buzz over any pursuers with ECM modules on high to disrupt communications.

The group reforms back near the Abyss, loads back in to Scabbard, and is able to extract the way they came. Payment will be delivered to the group by Four Winds Incorporated, a subsidiary of Wuxing Incorporated.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License