The Cornelia Marie Part 1

The Cornelia Marie, Part One

Gathering

Johny cracks his neck then, looking back to the woman. "You busy tonight?" He asks with a grin, gesturing back to the front room.
You walk in to the Hallway.

Following along quietly, Jamileh answers, "I'm betting this doesn't mean you want to take me out to supper."

"Not that the idea is repugnant, but no. I actually have a job in mind for you. I've contacted some other assets I work with on a regular basis.. they should arrive soon." Says Johny, moving to wash his hands.

Jamileh nods and moves toward the picture window. "Want me to wait outside?" She did like the patio, if you recall.

Johny glances at his watch. The watch he doesn't wear. "Well, no. They will be here soon enough. Are you ready to travel? This job is not local."

A glance goes over her shoulder at Johny as Jamileh replies, "Depends on how much you're paying and where we're going, mate."

"It's enough." He says simply, drying his hands on a towel and sending off a mail to Kassandra and ally.

Job. Rush order. Outside agent involved. My place. Pronto. Kiss maya for me.

Jamileh nods but asks, "Do I need to get anything else? Got my kit here, but also got the last payment. Dunno if I want to be traveling with that much scratch."

"You will have some time to make arrangements and pick up gear in Denver if required. That involves putting your money in a safe place, or leaving it here with me if you like. I don't begrudge you not trusting me enough to leave that much money laying around however."

Pronto he said. Imagine Johny's surprise when his bell will ring not five minutes later. Five minutes. The bell rings three times in quick succession.

Jamileh, not even pausing, answers, "Here's fine. Just show me where," before the bell rings. "Crikey. That was fast."

Johny blinks. Clearly somewhat surprised, he glances to the door, then to Marcus. "Get the door, Marcus."

"Oh, -delighted to sir-." Says the Sarcastic Elf. Moving to the door, Marcus opens it, revealing whomever is standing there. "Sir, it's a remarkably pretty young woman and she's nude. Shall I send her away?"

Johny gestures to the couch. "No. Send her in, give her a coat and put this womans money in the safe."

"Oh, very good sir."

Standing in the opened doorway, well, it seems the people Johny's called may just be models. Or they're professional. A drop-dead gorgeous elf in a sapphire dress and a young human woman in an emerald dress, tiara and big yellow sunglasses are waiting.

"Hiya Marcus, what's shakin?" Ally greets the elf warmly as she sweeps into the room with a big smile.

The young woman before is gifted with fair skin that drifts just a bit towards pale. Sparkling blue eyes look out at the world, so deep that they seem to rival the deepest depths of the ocean. At a just a glance her age can be distinguished as young, perhaps towards the ends of her teen years. All of the features upon her face are soft and unmarred, carrying none of the lines or trials of an older person or someone who has had a hard life. Her flawless skin is unblemished save for the smallest hint of a few freckles about her cheeks.
Her long hair is best described as cinnamon, a delightful, natural weave of light red and blonde strands that flow from her head. Newly, and almost strangely, down the center of her head from root to end, there are three strands of the woman's hair that are tanzanite blue. Not incredibly obvious at a glance, but hard to miss if one is actually looking at her. That hair is down, and flowing in back, with two pigtails jutting out just behind her ears.
Ontop of her head is a sparkling silver tiara, with a beautiful emerald gem in the center. Topping it off is an enormous pair of bright, yellow-framed sunglasses with dark lenses. Several sizes too big, she looks quite silly in them.

The young woman wears an emerald green dress. The material is very smooth, and soft, something like silk, but not quite it. The neckline is plunging, but just enough to see a bit of the valley of her cleavage. The neckline is a V, and on the border is a black lace. The dress is just tight enough that it clings a bit to her modest chest, and is held up by two spaghetti straps. Traveling downward, the dress gets somewhat tighter around her stomach and the small of her back, making the dress then flow over her rounded and cute behind. The bottom of the dress is loose, allowing her smooth legs to show off for themselves without accentuating them. A slit on the right leg, though, shows peeks of her smooth thigh. The dress reaches down to just past her knees.

On her feet are two matching green sandals with no heel. Her toenails are all colored differently. Sparkle-glitter is placed carefully around her face, with bits on her cheeks, some on her neck, and a very small trail going down her chest and disappearing underneath the V-neck line of the dress.

This elven female is tiny, perhaps no more than 5'2" tall (157 cm). Her sun-kissed light brown skin, unblemished and virtually flawless, draws attention to her Middle Eastern heritage. Her form is voluptuous, with lush curves and a shape that is often referred to as hourglass. Despite the generous curves, however, she seems to have good muscle tone, likely the result of regular physical exercise. Her hair is heavy and full, sweeping well past her shoulders in gentle waves, the colour a rich dark brown that runs to black in places. Her eyes are a light brown with tiny flecks that give them a 'smokey' appearance in the right light. She appears to be no older than her early twenties, with none of the signs one uses to determine age in features.

She is clothed in a sapphire gown shot through with Crystle threads. The dress is close fitting across the top and has a deep scoop in the back, exposing the skin there, while having a generously cut top, demure but suggestive. The dress is looser starting at her hips, accentuating her derriere while flowing down to just above her knees.

Her open-toe heels are in the same shade as the gown, providing an additonal three inches to her height. Her ears are adorned with pendant earrings, with small sapphires and diamonds dancing as she moves. Her neck is graced with a single silver chain with a sapphire pendant, and a matching bracelet encircles her right wrist. Her make-up and hair have both been professionally done; her hair is piled in an artistically tossled heap on her head, with tendrils framing her face.

OOC: This character has pheromone enhancements.

Carrying:
Kassandra's Cellular Phone [CELLPHONE]

Leaning against the doorjamb checking her nails is Kassandra. She grins as Ally greets Marcus and moves to follow her into the room, "Good evening, Marcus. How are you this fine day?" The elven girl follows the emerald-clad one into the apartment, eyes sweeping the room, the patio doors, and so forth.

Jamileh pivots from the picture window, having just given her kit to Marcus to stow some contents safely. She isn't wearing nearly that much color or nearly that much formality. Giving the two new arrivals a once-over, she settles for a quiet, "Cheers," to Marcus for taking her gear.

Marcus smiles at the elven woman. "Why, my day is so very good. Mr. Wulfson has been -remarkably- out of my hair for some time and it feels so nice. Or felt. Until this lady arrived and suddenly I have to be presentable. Do you know how hard it is to get dressed in 30 seconds or less?"

Johny turns, leaning his ass on the counter-top, arms folding across his chest. "Five minutes, then game faces, folks."

Marcus, for all his sarcasm, simply nods, then moves to get the moneybag.

"But it's already on," Ally tells Sam as she starts sashaying over towards him, and the man might get the sense that he's about to have some affection distributed to him. That is until Ally becomes aware of another person in the room. And someone she doesn't know. Stopping in her tracks, she turns to regard Jamileh. "Well hiya there. How'd you do?"

Kass follows Ally in, nodding to Marcus' story, raising an eyebrow. "Lady?" She glances to Johny and then looks around carefully, pausing on the person she doesn't know. She changes gears and gets quieter, nodding to Marcus and then Johny in turn, hmming quietly.

After a very faint pause, Jamileh nods once to human woman, then looks back to the elf, and says in the most stereotypical way, "G'day."

Johny steps forward. "Silk. Phoenix. This is Wisp. Wisp, this is Silk and Phoenix." He steps closer then to the group of ladies. "Have a seat. I'll start the briefing in a moment. Drinks? Snacks?"

"Wisp," Ally repeats with a little look of consideration. She approaches closer to the woman, not close enough to breach anyone's 'personal area', but close enough that it's clear her attention is all on the newcomer. "So…whatcha do, Wisp? Crawl into computers? Fast-talk with a silver tongue? Have a rocket launcher hidden in your arm?"

For her part, Kassandra finds a place to sit, preferably a couch if she can. She folds her hands in her lap and waits, murmuring to Johny, "A glass of juice, if it isn't too much of a bother." The woman seems willing to wait patiently and let Ally do the talking, looking over Wisp briefly while they wait.

Johny is silent now, moving to get himself a drink from the wetbar. Let the girls find their own communication. Not his place to get involved, especially if he's about to send them halfway across the world on a fools errand.

Johny nods to Kassandra, having long ago put a bottle of juice in said bar.

"Actually, I'd be grateful for something, if you don't mind," says Jamileh first to Johny. "Hadn't eaten all day." Her accent, so not from around here. Then she trains her gaze on Ally and replies quietly, "Ah, little of this and that. Right now? I do what he," and she twitches her head toward Johny, "tells me to do."

Marcus offers.. "I'll have Room Service send something up."

Johny nods, then calls out.. "Number 6 for me."

Ally tilts her head a bit to the side at Jamileh's reply and over the rim of her sunglasses, her brows furrow a little. When she speaks next her voice has cooled a little bit. "A little of this, a little of that. So…we get to hop off with you and you might be able to do a little of something or you might not be able to? I….see." She stares at the woman, the faint outlines of her eyes just barely visible through her sunglasses, but enough to show that they are squarely on the woman. Then, after a moment she spins on her heel and heads back towards where Kassandra has sat herself down.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Peering deeply into Jamileh's soul":
1 2 2 2 2 2 3 5 7 17 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "SHe's assensing your aura, a trick full magi can do."

Kass listens, she watches. She doesn't fidget, at least not at the moment, but rather lets Aladriel draw out what she can and let's her attention wander to Marcus doing his tasks, Johny roaming around getting drinks. She seems as if she is going to speak and then doesn't, sinking back further on the couch.

Johny smirks slightly. "Wisp is B and E. She's new to Denver, but reasonably proficient enough in her trade that I feel comfortable enough including her on this rather rush job that just came down the pipe from a Benefactor Who Shall Remain Nameless." He returns then to Kassandra, offering her the glass. "Good to see you again, Silk. Lovely as always." He comments, then passes a glass of something to Wisp… and since Ally asked for nothing, she gets a glass of ice water. "Phoenix does Magical Support. Silk is interface and protocol."

To Johny Jamileh says politely, "Right, whatever you're having I can tuck into, if you don't mind," before looking back at Aladriel and noting, "I figured when we needed to get down to it, in a minute or so, we'd learn more about each other." After a fragment of a pause she adds, "Pleasure t'meet you both."

"Ah," Ally murmurs with a little quirk of a smile as she joins Kassandra and sits down carefully beside her, legs crossing. "Fair enough," she tells Jamileh, smiling in a more genuine way this time. She takes her sunglasses off and devotes her attention to Johny.

Johny thinks on that for a moment, then asks of marcus… "Make that two Number sixes.." A glance to the women then. "Silk? Phoenix?" He asks. THey should know the menu by heart from down stairs by now…

Nodding politely to Wisp, Kass listens to Johny's spiel and then says as an aside to Ally, "I get to be magical support next time." She sips her juice and then offers it to the emerald clad girl in exchange for the water, her attention drifting back to Johny, "So. Rush job." She waves a hand at the man and says, "One of our usuals, we'll split it."

Marcus nods, then moves off in to the other room to make the order.

Jamileh remains by the window, her attention more on the vista beyond than anything, but her head is turned slightly toward the rest of the room. Distance seems a physical thing, little more, as if she is using it to appear aloof. Or maybe she just likes the view.

Briefing

Nodding, Johny clicks on the trid without really touching anything. It humms to strength then, showing a map of the Svalbard Islands in the Berents Sea. "This. Is a very very cold place." Says Johny then, sipping his scotch. "THank god I don't have to go there."

svalbard-map-4.jpg

"It's supposedly owned by the Trans Polar Alute Nation, though in practice, it's really run by the Scandinavian Union and there's some grousing about paying for the place outright to repurchase it. Rich hunting grounds for whale, fish and other such things that the Norse like to pickle, kipper or otherwise wrestle."

Ally takes the glass of juice with an oooo, trading it for the water and watching Johny. She nods in agreement about the food order, murmuring something to Kass about not being very hungry. The mage subsides though, waiting to see what their host will say.

Kass chuckles and nods to the hungry bit, not seeming at all put out that Jamileh is keeping her distance. The elf is quiet, only occationaly fidgeting with the glass in her hands. She looks at the map and lets out a little sigh.

Jamileh slants a glance at the trid, then turns to face the room more fully, arms folded over her slender frame. She, like Kass and then Ally, keeps quiet, listening.

"Lucky." Says Johny then, the image changing to New York City… "You're not going there." There may or may not be an unspoken 'yet' in that statement. "Instead, you're going to New York City, UCAS. In the shortest possible story, you're going to be bidding at an auction on an item I need to determine the location of a shipwreck so the goods on that ship can be returned to their rightful owner before he wakes up and eats people."

A pause.

"The Rightful owner is a great dragon. Lets not screw this one up."

Dragon? Ally tilts her head at Johny on that and then looks to Kass. She hmms, sipping the juice and then trades it back for the water, remarking, "Well, at least we're dressed up!" She grins at that.

Kass lets out a little breath at the thought of not trecking to and from in some arctic wasteland, nodding to Johny. She doesn't seem all that concerned about the Dragon at the moment, focusing on the more pleasant aspects: As much a hellhole as New York City is, its not a frozen wasteland.

Well -that- gets the distant, cool expression wiped right off Wisp's pale olive complexion. She looks at the other two women to judge their reaction before whispering, "Holy dooley."

"This should be a cake walk. You walk in to Southabies Auction House in New York, you bid on the item, you win it. Failing winning it?" He shrugs. "You steal it from whomever does. Thats the job in a nutshell. Your bid Ceiling is Ten Million UCAS, or Two Million Nuyen. Failing a winning bid, you are to locate and secure the item -as quickly as possible-. Mana levels in Svalbard are rising and the Benefactor Who Shall Remain Unnamed predicts the possibility of the Dragons Awakening at… well… Get the item. The item itself…" he switches the image again, the book popping out in three dimensional light.

ItalianJournal.jpg

"Is a prospectors journal. It contains within it, encoded coordinates to the wreck of the Cornilia Marie, an english whaling vessel lost in 1619 as it departed Engelskbukta, an English Whaling Outpost." He pauses, glancing to Wisp, then to Kassandra, then to Ally. "It never made another port and was assumed to be lost at sea, until this prospector, Duncan Navari, turned up with what has been authenticated as the ships log book."

Ally hmms, leaning into look at the book on the trideo and whispering something to Kass. She grins and nods, motioning for the elf to ask the question.

Kass raises an eyebrow and shrugs, smirking as she murmurs, "You *know* he is going to say no …" She clears her throat and asks, "So .. if we just nab the book can we keep the two mill?"

Johny simply raises a single, expressive eyebrow.

Both girls sink back grumbling with identical expressions.

For the first time since the pair of women arrived, Wisp cracks a smile, then she moves over to the seating area to settle into an armchair. As innocently as she can manage, she queries, "Is that a yes, then?"

"Thats a no. The Benefactor expects the money back, though this mission compensates generously either way." Says Johny as Marcus returns with a serving cart with food. "Now, it's question an answer time and we get some food."

Motioning for Kass to sit, and then again more firmly as the elf seems inclined to get up, Ally heads over to snag their plate from the serving cart. She shrugs to Johny as she does so, not seeming to have a question for him yet.

Kass sits as she is bid, watching Ally head to get their food. She hms and shrugs, "It seems like you are expecting this to go south from the beginning, considering who you are sending. Do we have any idea on those individuals most likely to be interested in this item?"

Jamileh, up again, heads to the food as well, turning to regard Johny at Kass' question, plainly interested in the response. To Marcus she has a smile and wink.

Johny picks up his plate, listed with a 6, and sets it on the front room table, then passes Jamileh her own, also listed with a 6. He opens his plate as he sits down. Italian Sausage carbonara with some breadsticks.

He nods to Kass then. "Smart woman. The Atlantian Foundation, the Draco Foundation, the High Protectors office of the UK and the usual crew of assholes from Aztlan are nosing about. Some of them play nice. SOme of them don't. I'm sending a team prepared for both eventualities."

Ally returns in a flurry of emerald cloth, seating herself next to Kass and starting in on their order, some sort of supersized salad with all sorts of interesting things in it. She munches and nudges Kass to talk.

"I see. Are there restrictions on just how .. forcefully .. we are to recover this property?" Kass takes that opportunity to snag a bite, listening to Johny.

"Cheers," Jamileh murmurs as she accepts her own plate and gets a soda to accompany it, then settles on her chair once more. Again she grows quiet, letting the soft-spoken Kass ask the insightful questions.

"You are to get the property by any means necessary." Says the man, picking up his fork. "WHile this isn't end of the world bad, if someone else gets the property and is able some how extrapolate the location of the lair of a slumbering great? It could be very… problematic."

Ally nods slowly, still working on her dinner. She hmms and blinks at Kassandra.

Kass seems to be able to read the blinks pretty well, nodding to the woman and then saying to Johny, "What sort of support elements do we have there? A room, vehicles, transport in and out, maps and locations, so on? I suppose dossiers on those most likely to bid is out of the question; I also assume they know that our employer is going to send someone?"

"I assume." Says Johny then, spearing a piece of Sausage. "That the principle parties are aware of the interest of the others, as we are aware of theirs. As to support. I am providing transport, maps as I can and so forth. On the ground, it's up to you ladies to make this happen. I will be available through telecommunications and I am not joining you on the trip."

Jamileh remarks between bites of food, "These two pretty known for representing you or someone like you, Johny?" with a nod toward the others, in case she were unclear on which "these two" she meant.

Johny glances to the other two women. "They are not unknown, but they are also adept at changing their appearance, so using them doesn't bother me. I'd rather run the risk of being obvious than run the risk of failure."

Ally raises an eyebrow at the question and hmms, spearing a cherry tomato and eating it quietly.

"There is that. Should we be flying the flag or someone other than ourselves on this trip to the Rotten Apple?" Kass sips her juice.

Johny settles back, thinking that over for a moment. "I leave that to your determination."

"Might suggest, then, that you two run lead with the auction; more your sort of thing. I can just look like hired security." Jamileh smiles thinly as she wipes her mouth, then adds, "Which is sort of what I am. I can keep an eye on the others, in other words, and keep quiet doing it."

Ally nods to that suggestions, "Kass can totally do that and we can be bodyguards or specialists!"

Kass nods gravely, "That sounds best. Given the number of eyes going to be on us, we should probably choose disguises for this to at least make people work harder. There are any number of independent buyers that could have interest in this as well." She hmms, shrugging. "When do we leave?"

"The Auction is tomorrow night, EST, so about…" He looks to his watch. Which does not exist. "22 hours from now. You should leave in no more than 10 hours. You want some -on site- rest, then other needful scouting."

Ally hmms and nods, rising to go call the sitter and tell them that they are going to be late.

Kass nods, "We'll need to pick up some clothes, some tools. As you can see, we were in the midst of something else when you rang. Still, with luck we can just buy the thing and come home." She makes a snort at their chances.

"I'll want to nip back home and get the rest of my kit, too," agrees Jamileh. "From the sound of things, something dressier than these jeans." She looks to Kass and Ally, remarking, "I can be ready to go in an hour, thereabouts."

Glancing to the mage on the phone, Kass rises and smooths out her dress, "An hour should be about right, I believe. The same airfield, Johny?"

Johny nods to Kassandra as he eats. "Now." He says simply. "Get out so I can eat." He says, offering a wink to Kassandra. "Fill Wisp in on the way as to that regard."

Jamileh gobbles a last bite of food, wipes off her mouth before dropping her napkin on her plate and takes her soda with her. "Right, hooroo then, boss."

Rolling her eyes at Johny, Kass rattles off the directions to the airfield towards Wisp and says, "Not so hard, was it?" The elf glances to Ally and waits to see if all the preparations are made with the sitter before moving to head out to collect gear. She mutters, "At least it will be indoors."

Heading Out

And so, there you are. In central Denver, CAS Sector. You have an hour to be at McCaron Airfield out in the Ute Sector, give or take 10 minutes. Whatcha gonna do with that time?

Jamileh calls, "Oi, Marcus, can I have my kit back and can we nip over to my flat to get some other things?" Jamileh, young with no car.

Marcus eyes the young women, then glances to Johny… Johny shakes his head, then goes back to eating.

"I'm afraid not. You're on your own for this mission. Perhaps your team mates can help you out on this one?"

Jamileh doesn't seem to be surprised but notes, "I'll still need my kit, mate."

Kass pauses in mid movement towards the door, eyes flicking to Johny, to Marcus. She raises an eyebrow and says, "I am not sure we are going in the same direction, Jonothan. But I'll send the car with Ally and get an alternate vehicle to take she and I to the airfield." By she, Kass meant Wisp.

Marcus does move off to get said bag, returning a few moments later with the Cash removed.

Johny nods to Kassandra, offering a bit of a smile before he turns his eyes away from the beautiful elf. Focusing on his food now.

Jonothan? Ally looks strangely suspicious at this and looks between the two before she shrugs. "Bye Marcus!" she calls out merrily before she hops out of the apartment.

"Thanks, mate," Jamileh tells Marcus as she shoulders her bag. "I can get a cab if it's easier, no worries."

Frowning, Kass watches Ally go and draws out a cellphone, moving to the other side of the room. She speaks in a clipped tone into the device, snapping it closed some ninety seconds later. The elven girl is already pulling off most of her jewelry as she heads back, "Oh no, Mr. Wulfson has a point to make." Kass heads towards the door, not slowing except to nod to Marcus, "We have a ride on the way."

Jamileh follows. Because she won't get to the airfield otherwise.

Once Jamileh and Kassandra hit the lobby out of the elevator a black van is parked and waiting for them just outside the valet parking. A man in a mostly clean trenchcoat and dress slacks is waiting their with the keys, raising an eyebrow at Kass's dress. She simply stares until he hands them over and backs away laughing, heading into the casino with a whistle.

The elf moves around to climb into the driver's seat, motioning for Wisp to get in the passenger side. "Where to?"

"Mountain Hills," comes the quiet answer. "Small flat I share there with my mate Hugh. Hope he's not home, else we'll never get gone; he'll be pestering the two of you for days."

Kass nods and starts the van, heading off in the direction of the apartment complex, "Just me I am afraid. Aladriel needed to go pick up our gear and take care of other matters. I'll stay in the van, that way there won't be any distractions." She sighs a little, tapping on the read out for the autonav system and making sure she is going the right way.

So Ally actually can drive and that is what she is doing, heading home to get the gear and stuff for the trip. She'll hop on the phone with Johny while she's on the way to ask him a few questions, if he's not too busy eating!

Johny will of course, answer the phone. He's done eating. He just wanted to kick the runners out of his house so he could catch the Redwings/Sharks game. "Whats up, Allybean?"

Apparently just her; from the look on Wisp's face as they pull out, she was expecting the woman with her, huh. "No, no, no worries. He's probably off somewhere working, having a counter lunch with his mates or something like. So…anything about me you need to know then?" Does she sound a bit nervous when she says that?

Ally chuckles as Sam picks up.

"Hey, quick question about the thing. Know what sorts of gear we'll be able to bring in? Basically are they going to let anyone in with anything or is it haughty-taughty nothing?"

"Well Ally, you've got a bid ceiling of two million nuyen. They arn't allowing -any- weapons in there, whatsoever. Private security on site is provided by NYPD Inc." Says Johny, turning down the game.

Glancing over, Kass shakes her head, "Not really. Johny said you were a Bee and Eee person with all that that means, and that you were competent enough that he felt good about bringing you in on the job. Given that he doesn't usually praise anyone, that means you must have impressed him in some way." She doesn't add any sort of innuendo to her words, speaking quietly and in an almost neutral monotone, eying the road. "Other than that, not sure what else there is to know."

Kass glances over, remarking, "Sorry, I'm .. not much of a talker when I don't have to be. I don't have any really interesting questions to ask or anything. I expect that you know what to do and how to do it or else he wouldn't send you with us." She frowns a bit and shakes her head, "Of course, I have been wrong a lot recently with what he is thinking."

Ally hmms, sitting back in her driver's chair, not really driving, thinking about the situation. "Okay, so no weapons inside. You have any idea, is that confined to just the auction house you think, or are they going to be out and about beyond it?"

Jamileh pauses, then nods once and finds a smile for the elf. "No worries, then. I can yabber a bit when I'm nervous, anxious, whatever, but I can keep quiet too." And she can, too, once she makes herself do so.

Johny is silent for a moment as Willim Doboer flashes forward on the ice, angling for the Shark's net. When he's checked in to the ice by a Redwing, he answers… "Well, NYPD Inc has the contract for the entire NYC security service, so its possible they may block off the street, but thats highly unlikely. There's no expectation that this auction contains the Queen's Crown Jewels, so probably just on site scanning and detection. Probably some Mag-Sec, so dampen down that aura of yours if you can."

"I do that even when I'm sleeping," Ally giggles over the phone as she hmmms, taking a few more moments to think of anything else for him while she's got him. "Two quick things. Since you're so speedy and good, would it take you like thirty-seconds to get me to be a member of them for two-days? Failing that…know anyone in that area who's *very* dependable. Like…. we walk out the door and they could have a care package for us in case we need it?"

"Member of who?" Asks Johny then.

"The security people of course," Ally says on the phone to Johny, wanting to see if she can be faked in as a member of NYPD Inc.

"No, I really can't. NYPD Inc is so close knit that trying that would be harder than I'm willing to agree to, and I don't see the immediate payoff."

Kass winds the van through the light evening traffic with quiet ease, sliding up in front of the Mountain Hills complex; it isn't that far of a go. She eyes the street a moment and says, "I'll wait here for you. Might be best."

No, it's not. Jamileh quits the van pretty quietly, in truth, and heads inside for no more than ten minutes.

Kass lurks in the van, idly stripping off her make up with little towelettes from her purse, dropping earings and necklace and other such into her little handbag.

Johny watches the game, sips a beer, all the while filing 19 reports with the Unnamed Benefactor, updating personnel files, making a stock transaction and otherwise updating his HOTORNOT profile.

"Well cause you said a quick-recovery and I was thinking it could be really quick if I could just tackle someone right at the moment, or right outside without having to worry too much about getting jumped by them. But it's okie. She'll have a better idea than I do. Catch ya later!"

"Hey, Ally?" Asks Johny then. "Keep safe. And don't let anything go wrong, okay? I love you both, and I'd really hate to see something go wrong. Come home safe."

A moment's pause on Ally's end. A quick moment to really think about it. "I won't let anyone get hurt." And with that she hangs up and takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly, preparing.

McCarron Airfield.

Kass pulls the van up to the designated parking and exits, leaving the keys under the seat, the door unlocked (not that it will stop anyone anyway). She looks around for her car and her mage, eyes cast on the plane before them. With a nod towards the plane Kass starts walking, her heels making little echoing sounds.

Jamileh still wears her casual attire, a black bag thrown over her shoulder, her hair a little more tousled than before. She looks around her on the way to the plane, following the elf, her own feet making not a jot of sound.

The usual hangar. The usual plane. Black, sleek and swept wing, the unmarked corporate jet seems to absorb the light around it, an aggressive, dark feeling despite the clearly civilian lines the plane has. A gentleman in a black suit stands out side of it, his hands clasped behind his back, dark shades over his features. The usual plane, the usual hangar, the usual pilot. Johny calls him 'Duffie'.

Kassie's car and mage are pulling up together not too much later. Unlike some more….serious…business, Aladriel's not dressed for war. She's just dressed for regular traveling. Hopping out of the car, she waves the two otehr women.
Returning the wave, Wisp waits for the other woman's arrival before boarding the private jet. Maybe she's just enjoying looking at the sleek aircraft.

Returning the wave, Wisp waits for the other woman's arrival before boarding the private jet. Maybe she's just enjoying looking at the sleek aircraft.

Waving to the mage, Kass deviates her travel from the plane to the car, looking to liberate her dress bag and working gear from the trunk. She casts a worried look over Ally and then the car, "No troubles?" She smiles then and lifts the dark blue duffle with a grunt, muttering, "I need to get rid of some of this crap."

Duffie steps forward, offering Kassandra a hand with her bag. "The plane is fueled, Ms. Silk, and is ready for flight at your command. I have been briefed on my flight plan. We travel non stop from here to LaGuardia. From there, you will helitaxi in to Manhattan, where you have rooms arranged at the Waldorf Astoria under assumed names. Which one of you is to the Comtess?"

"Nope, no trouble," Ally says with a grin. "And it's good stuff to bring. We don't know what we're going to need, so better to bring a bunch of stuff, hmm?"

Gladly handing off the bag, Kass/Silk listens and nods to the instructions Duffie was given, "That sounds lovely. The Waldorf it is, we'll have to call ahead and order a late dinner or early breakfast, whatever time it is there when we arrive." She hms and blinks, nodding to Aladriel's comment about bringing a lot of stuff, "I am hoping that we are very lucky and only need a good dress and a checkbook." She looks back to Duffie, "Comtess?"

"One of you." Says Duffy as he moves aboard the aircraft with the bag.. "Is the Comtess Charlotta Duvall de Baskerville. Thats the name the rooms are under. I just need to send the information to Control so they can submit the proper imagery and biometrics in to the temporary Identity."

Jamileh snickers. "Can promise you I'm about as Comtess-like as this jolly jet of yours, mate," she quips as she starts up the aircraft, toting her own bag. "Looks more like you, Phoenix."

"I .. see." Kass glances to Wisp and Phoenix a moment, considering. Chuckling at Wisp, Kass asks Ally, "Do you want to be royalty, dear, or shall I?" She considers that a long moment, waiting for Ally's response while little wheels spin.

"I think it makes sense for you to be, Ms. Silk, cause you're going to be the biddy-type-person. I'd probably…" Ally starts to say something else and then shakes her head, "I just probably wouldn't do it as well as you."

"Either way, I'll bow and scrape to whichever of you's to be the shiela in charge," says Wisp as she finds a place to stow her gear. "Strewth, this is a nice boat."

Kass sighs and shakes a finger, then remembers where they are and cuts herself off, turning instead to Duffie, "I'll be the Comtess then." She hmms and nods, "Yes, that will work out quite well." She'll starts up into the plane, considering, "I wonder which accent to go with .."

versace.png

Duffy stores the bag in the back of the luxuriously appointed aircraft. It's not the 'fit as many people as you can' model, but more the flying office model, with several comfortable chairs, a couch, a small table and a trid screen. Made for easy travel for someone who travels. A lot.

Duffy nods. "Very well, Madam. I'll relay. If you would all prepare for liftoff, travel time is 3 hours."

Flying is getting to be a habit. Nodding to Duffie, "Of course." Before even taking a seat Kass is moving through the plane, collecting a number of things: travel pillows and blankets, several bottles of juice and water that have apparently been set into the galley knowing she'd be on the trip. Those gathered, she'll head back towards one of the sections of seating and wait for Ally to settle in before doing so herself.

With Kassandra being so thorough about getting everything together for them, Ally is free to just basically pick out the most comfortable looking seats and then plopping herself down in them. Then she's free to take some of the items from Kass as she returns. "Thanks."

"Unless you lot have something to say en route, I'd like a nanna nap." Wisp takes ear buds from her pocket, pausing before popping them in her ears. "All right then?"

Chuckling and getting settled, Kass shakes her head, "I think we are as briefed as we are going to get." She settles the blanket and drinks down before plopping down herself and securing her lap belt. Duffie can fly and all but .. you never can tell.

Aladriel considers the juice and water provided by Kassandra, and then reaches into her pocket to pull out a small pill bottle. She stares at it for a little while and certainly seems to be considering whether she needs whats inside or not.

Kass glances at the pill bottle as well, saying nothing pro or con. She simply gets everything settled in, plumping pillows and putting things within easy reach.

Without much more fanfair, Duffie moves to the front of the aircraft, through the little door that leads to the sealed cockpit. A matronly woman of about 60 boards the aircraft, dressed in a simple flight attendants outfit of blue pinstripes, pants and a female-cut jacket. Ms. Pearson, the standard flight attendant on such trips. She gets pillows, checks ammunition load outs and otherwise facilitates the job.

"Welcome aboard Draco Air flight 301 for New York New York. Please buckle your seatbelts and bring your tray tables to their full up right positions in preparation for take off. Our flight time tonight will be 3 hours, from McCaron Airfield in to La Guardia Airport, New York City."

Sigh. Just when she was comfy. Bringing her chair upright again, Wisp takes her ear buds out and buckles her belt. If she's noticed the pills, she certainly says nothing. In fact, she's pretty quiet period, pensive and all.

Ally nibbles her lower lip thoughtfully, steals a glance at Kassandra, and then sighs as she throws the bottle back into her pocket, unopened. Her belt is already securely fastened so she just closes her eyes and takes deep breaths to relax herself.

The faintest smile crosses Kass's lips. She snakes her hand down and holds Ally's, radiating both pride and comfort, "It'll be OK," she murmurs, not elaborating on what or why. Instead, she just stays close and waits for the plane to do the whole flying fast thing.

The engines, two, one to each side and built in to the rear fuselage of the plane, spin to power, producing a vibration in the plane and an audible whine. The vehicle lurches a slight bit as it gets moving on the ground, taxi-ing out of the hangar and in to the Denver night. Without the running lights, red blinking to the left and green to the right, the plane would be almost invisible to the naked eye in the sky.

Kassandra mutters to Aladriel, "Plus, we can fly away if there is trouble!"

Jamileh puts her earbuds back in, reclines her seat and closes her eyes, arms folded over her chest.

Aladriel smiles a little bit at Kass, and then more with whatever the woman murmurs to her. "You're right," she says quietly, letting herself relax a little bit. "So… I talked to Sam on the way home. Asked if he could insert any of us into the police force for a day or two. No go. He said no weapons at all allowed inside…so we'll have to maybe come up with somewhere clever to hide them or be able to reach them in a hurry?"

She closes her eyes then. "Suppose we'll just have to see how fast everything goes."

With that, the plane roars to full power and finds itself rocketing down a runway, rattling and shaking as it builds speed at a prodigious rate, wheels and struts under the plane straining under the stress.

"Not totally unexpected. Course, you *are* a weapon, my love. And I can get by, I am sure. With more than a little luck, we shouldn't need anything inside the auction house in any case." Kassandra frowns faintly, eyes distant as she considers the alternatives.
"I would like to point out that I have no bloody weapons other than my brain, and that's not precisely sharp," says Jamileh from her illegal position of recline.

Ally glows a little bit under Kass's words, but Jamileh's make her eyebrows raise a bit. "Whatcha mean. You don't literally have any goodies, or you don't have any innate ones?" she asks. Hmmmm. "I suppose it'll be helpful to have an idea of what you can do…we should get to that at some point, mm?"

"Brain is the best weapon there is," Kass remarks, leaning her head against Ally's shoulder, eyes closing a bit. "I'd really love it if we could not have to get in a fight at the auction house. That would be lovely …"

Ms Pearson glances down the isle, but doens't say anything about the illegal positioning of Jamileh's seatback. These are shadowrunners after all, and if they want to smoke on the plane… well. She's not in the business of telling shadowrunners 'no'.

The plane takes the air, the rumble and shake dying immediately when it does so. Freed from the inglorious bonds of Friction, the landing gear fold up in to the belly of the craft with a soft whump, and acceleration seems to increase with altitude. The city of Denver, a map of night time light, with its long, contiguous scars where sector walls are, unfolds below.

Jamileh answers without opening her eyes, "All I'm good at using really is a machine gun and Johny basically negated that. He's supposed to teach me how to use small arms like pistols but for right now I'm good at avoiding being hit. Pretty bloody well trained in aikido if a bit rusty. Fundamentally…I'm supposed to be where people aren't."

Machine Gun? Ally looks a bit surprised by this and then wrinkles her nose a little bit. "Well…yeah. Machine gun won't be so good, probably. The Aikido…more so," she murmurs before she looks at Kass. "I agree we probably shouldn't fight inside the auction house. I'm just thinking….immediately following the auction might be a better time to get the thing, should we not win, rather than after the winners get home and settled in?"

"A machinegun." Offers Ms. Pearson, looking down the isle from her seated position at the front of the air plane. "Is an odd choice for a ghost." She says, but looks back to her datapad. "A weapon that cannot be silenced, nor suppressed to any great degree, that makes a good deal of noise without a good deal of added options to the mission."

"Yes ma'am." Kass's eyes flutter fully open as Aladriel addresses her directly, her attention back on her mate. "I think you are right. We'd need to move on whomever before they could get their feet under them, so to speak. It'll be a little harder since we don't know the surroundings, but I imagine we can improvise."

The elven girl glances to Ms. Pearson and nods slowly, perhaps agreeing with her assessment. "My hope is that if we do have to have a conflict we can use surprise and stealth to avoid, distract, and disable. We aren't a stand up combat team and I don't want to have to burn part of Manhattan to get home."

"Well," Jamileh offers back, "it was a good weapon to teach someone to chase people away when she was learning about overt security. With covert, the idea was that she wasn't going to NEED a weapon and instead would just turn and bloody run because she loathes violence."

Ally puts on her thinker and she think-think-thinks a lot. "Well. I've got weapons in my head that we can have inside. Just can't really share them with you both. We'll be okay…we'll maybe come up with something better when we get the lay of the land? Who knows. But speed……grab and disappear. That'll be the idea."

The woman shrugs, looking to her datapad. "You kids today and your funny logic. CHasing people away with guns. In my day, we used guns to kill people." She offers a slight smile, just as the plane reaches full speed and cruising altitude.

"You may now unbuckle your seatbelts and move about the cabin."

"We can set up our to-go kits outside at a location and grab on the way out. Shouldn't be a problem." Kass glances to Jamileh and remarks, "Full military machine guns or assault rifles? If assault rifles, remind me back in Denver and I can get you a really nice 'stealth' version that is mostly invisible to sensors and fairly compact. It's custom for stealth and black ops."

"Usually carry an Igram Smartgun, if anything, with gel rounds," comes Jamileh's answer as she unbuckles her belt and gets up to stretch. Since they're chatting and she's not sleeping. "Honest to God, I prefer to carry nothing. I should learn how to use a knife or something. I bloody hate weapons."

"Aha. I've oft found that if you don't have a weapon with you, you are more careful. It removes the temptation to start blazing away at people. I've traveled with too many of the local talent that think a good plan is to shoot everyone, a good back up plan is to blow up the whole place, and so on. Take away someone's weapons and armour and make them think and you'll soon see how good they can be."

Kass shrugs, "Course, few people want to take me up on that offer."

Jamileh notes as she bends backwards to touch the floor, stretching and then contracting her spine, "You'd like my family. That's their line of thinking. Crikey, I'm bloody careful."

"Oookay. Well that's good at least," Ally shrugs, "One less thing to hide…and hiding a machinegun would be a doozy. And she can hit people pretty good, so that'll be fine," she murmurs. Hmmm, she seems to be doing an unusual amount of attempted strategizing for her. "It'll be good."

Eyes going to Ally, Kass raises an eyebrow and grins. She doesn't directly answer that, but instead remarks, "I think we'll be fine. We're going to spend someone else's money on a toy and come home."

On the ground in New York.

The skyline is an amazing thing; split between the arcologies of midtown and the spectacular skyscrapers Manhattans south end. Soaring some 300 and more stories in the air, some of them approach nearly a mile tall. Modern architecture and infrastructure creates a wonderland of visual delights, canyons of man made steel and glass that forms an anchorpoint for the world as we know it.

The plane comes in along the Hudson River, skimming over the water for the last few moments, before touching down at La Guardia Airport, then taxing in to a hangar.

A black Phaton Rolls Royce Limousine awaits, a driver (Black, Human, bald with a skycap on) stands beside the vehicle, holding a sign that says 'Comtess Charlotta Duvall de Baskerville.'

Aladriel wasn't able to sleep much on the flight, but that is okay. It just means that she doesn't miss the descent into the city. She wows a little bit….then looks to Kass. "This reminds me of….well, you probably know where," she murmurs. She doesn't say much more about it. She'll instead start getting ready to make their exit. "Will I be security person one, Ms. Comtess?"

Kass takes the time before they land to dress appropriately for her station, nodding to Ally, "I know where." She blanks her expression a moment, letting Silk roll over her before answering, her entire posture changing. She isn't quite the mimic that Johny is but can handle a few rolls, "You are both my trusted personal security team. And the correct address is 'Your Excellency or My Lady."

The elf's voice is quiet, her accent .. exotic, not quite from one area or the other. She moves with an almost unearthly grace now, even in the high heels. Her engagement ring is hidden away but other rings and earings and jewelry have taken its place, tasteful pieces that do not look fake.

Roles. really. I can spell and talk right. :)

Since Aladriel needs to get ready herself, she ducks into the washroom to change into black armor and leather over things. When she reemerges, she looks the part of a security person, throwing a coat on over it to conceal a touch of weaponry. Oh, and one more thing! Gone is the cinnamon hair. She's now completely blonde.

AllyBlond.jpg

Like Aladriel, Jamileh is dressed the part, happily so, in a form-fitting black catsuit, armored, with associated gear tucked into her black shoulder bag. Sunglasses, silver and very narrow, hide her eyes. She does not smile, and to both other women she gives a single nod of readiness.

In the midst of getting ready, Kassandra/Comtess Duvall passes by Jam, handing off a bone induction earpiece and mic with the associated gear. She speaks soft enough that her voice doesn't carry, her lips hardly moving. "Consider this a down-payment on the training we talked about."

The door opens, swinging down to form stairs to the tarmac, where a cold spring wind blows in off the water. The man at the car, when the door opens, snaps to a form of servent-like attention, opening the back door to the limosuine.

Aladriel heads off the airplane first, heading down the stairs with ease while her eyes sweep around. She's trying to look fierce but really she's just trying not to smile as she looks about and waits at the bottom.

The Comtess Duvall de Baskerville waits for her security to ascertain the situation before making her way down the steps. She is dressed in a rather elegant traveling suit, in black of course. She moves with the air of someone used to traveling and used to things going her way. Although Silk has already taken a look around before exiting, the Comtess does not dart her eyes around to look for danger. Rather, she has people for that. She heads for her waiting limo.

Jamileh does the fetch and step behind the Comtess, carrying her bag and looking like she wants to chew the leg off someone who gives her mistress (boss, not otherwise, Ally) any grief. Guard dog.

The limosuine is as luxuriously appointed as the plane, with plenty of trunk room for your bags; handled by the chauffeur, a small wet bar, a trideo system and other creature comforts. Not an RV or mobile home, but very much a mobile office and entertaining salon.

Good good. All good so far. Aladriel doesn't do any magical fooey, she's happy to seem mundane for this part. So she strides atop the tarmac to the awaiting limo. "All good?" she ascertains from the driver before she takes a peek inside and then motions the all-clear from the Comtess.

Sliding into the limo, The Comtess settles in the middle of one side, checking out the ride. Her eyes go over the minibar before pouring herself a glass of scotch and waiting for the driver and her security team to finish the trivial things and get her to the hotel.

After handing off the gear to the chauffeur for storage in the trunk, Jamileh gives Aladriel a curt nod and waits, one hand on her hip.

And with that, the players are on the road in to New York. The car is smooth and silent, appointed with leather and wood paneling. "10 minutes to the Waldorf Astoria, Your Excellency." Calls the driver over the intercom.

The Comtess calls back, "Wonderful, thank you." Looking to her security team she doesn't speak aloud, but rather taps her right ear, then places a finger on Ally's knee and mouths 'Red', her own knee and mouths 'Blue' and then just above Jam's knee and mouths 'Black.' After that she mouths to both 'no other names or callsigns.'

Another curt nod from the young Aussie indicates that she understands well what Kassandra means. But she also looks out of the window because hey, it's New York!

Ally ooohs with the callsigns that have been dished out. "Very sensible, my lady," she says with a wink that she can't help but to give. Kassandra really seems to be enjoying this role after all.

The Comtess's lips twitch with the effort to keep the smile off her face and settles back, watching the scotch swirl in her glass. Several times it has moved to her mouth but the level has not changed perceivably.

The Car comes across the Brooklyn Bridge, hanging in the gulf between the tenements of the Bronx and Brooklyn, and before the opulence and majesty of the soaring towers of Manhattan; a thin line of light crossing the gash of black between islands of civilization.

Jamileh tries not to gape. But the Big Apple is quite a sight to anyone, given its history and all.

Aladriel's face is all but pressed to the glass of the other window, looking out at the city. She wows a little bit, unable to help it. It's impressive. She decides on the spot that if they don't all end up as wanted women in the city, that she and Kass will take a short trip here sometime.

The Comtess does not gape or gasp at the Big Apple. Perhaps she has been here before, or is simply too high class to show any excitement at the lights and scenes and bridges of Manhattan. She simply watches and listens to the other two, her gaze flicking here and there, then back to center.

At the Astoria

The vehicle glides in to Manhattan, slicing through glittering streets of this AAA rated area, police drones, corporate logos absolutely everywhere. It moves along side Central Park, the ancient and well tended public park. A few minutes later, the car pulls in to the Waldorf Astoria, that most storied and beloved of luxury hotels in the heart of New York City.

The ladies are escorted from the car, and no check in procedures are made. It's assumed they are already taken care of, and they are. The women are shown up to the suite, a 4 room cluster of rooms that overlook Central Park itself, a broad expanse of greenery.

Jamileh does not relax a bit because of the luxury. She wants to have a look around and makes something of a show of it. Just in case, because it's her job.

The Comtess sweeps into the rooms, her expression one of expectation. She smiles at what she sees, moving through the room and turning on the trideo in each room as well as starting a bath. She moves into the other rooms only after her security has cleared it, each time she enters the relative noise level in the suites increases.

Finally away from prying eyes and in luxury, Aladriel keeps up her facade long enough to thoroughly inspect the room for assassins, gobbly-gookers and unattractive people. Only once she is certain there are none to be found does she relax, flopping down onto the nearest couch.

Wordlessly the Aussie watches the elf move about, attentive, not relaxing as does Aladriel; she did mention before that she has rather less experience, so perhaps relaxation isn't the easiest thing for her right now.

Once the noise level is up to a level that may cause listeners problems, Kass moves back next to the couch near Ally, motioning Jamileh over. She keeps her voice low, her head tilted to obscure her mouth as much as possible from casual viewing, "I don't *think* the place is bugged, but we should be careful anyway. We've got a bit till the auction, so sleep, baths, that sort of thing. Maybe some skulking?"

"Skulking good," Aladriel giggles as Kassandra comes closer to her. She hmms a little as she regards Jamileh and then looks down at her hands. "If you tapped on a computer, could you pull up pictures of the auction house? Give us an idea what we're looking at?"

SOuthebies Auction House now occupies a 6 story 1930s era Art Deco building on the other end of the park, about a mile away.

Coming closer, remaining on her feet, arms folded, Jamileh just nods once and simply in agreement to the advice just offered. When Aladriel speaks she answers softly, "Could give it a go, would rather look in person."

Kass nods to that. "I could probably have someone get me the plans or at least pics, and I can get what is on the trix. But I'd rather look in person. Did you want to forgo the auction and just try to pop the place the night before? Wanna play cat burglar?" She grins at the now blond girl.

Ally touches her chin, a thoughtful gesture if there ever was one at Kassandra's proposal. "What if it's not there early? I…hrm. I mean, do we have the equipment to even do it? I can invis…but I can't pick locks and outwit a thousand security systems I don't think…"

Jamileh clears her throat and says faintly, "I don't go into places I don't know well if I can help it. We don't know that place well. I suggest a reccie and nothing else."

Nodding, Kass mentions, "He was in such a hurry to send us we weren't packed with the sort of things we'd need to get into a vault. Probably best to just take a look and get back, get rested. Who knows, maybe we can just buy the darn thing and go home."

Ally smiles to that and nods. "Well then, why don't we get our looks altered a little bit, change our clothes and have a peeksie by, then get back here, pull up pictures from what we didn't see….rest, and then it'll be show time?"

"Good plan," Jamileh agrees faintly. "Ah…looks altered?"

Kass holds a piece of the new blond hair on Ally and looks at it curiously, then at the mage. She blushes for a moment and excuses herself to go turn off the bath.

Looking past Ally at Kass, then looking at Ally herself, Jamileh suggests, "I'll, ah, just go unpack my bits and whatnot. I'll be over there. In the smaller bedroom."

Ally blinkity-blinks at Kassandra's strange reaction to the hair and seems at a bit of a loss what to do. She hrms and then welp, there goes Jamileh to the smaller bedroom. "Different hair color, makeup, that sort," she murmurs as she gets left all alone. Huh!

Jamileh gestures toward the bathroom, meaningfully, on her way out. Woman, your girl is taking a bath. What are you doing in HERE?

Kass returns with the bathwater off and herself under control, the noise in the suites cutting down without all the splishysplashy going on. She says, coming back out and into another room, her voice carrying, "So, are we mostly ready?"

Ally regards Kassandra with arched eyebrows, as the mage did not join the elf in the washroom. "Think so.." she murmurs, seeming off guard by it all. A shrug is enough to get her back going. Of course she hasn't changed at all.

Returning to the main room, Jamileh looks with some surprise at Ally, nodding at Kass. "I had a thought, actually."

Kass wanders back through the room carrying a change of clothing and looking confused. "Ok?" She glances to Ally then back to Jam, folding the clothing over her arm and listening.

"Eggs in a single basket. Two go there, one stays here." Jamileh smiles ever so lightly and adds, "You have a look-see - used to working as a team - while I have a look-see here."

"Sounds fine to me," Aladriel says to Jamileh's suggestion. "Throw that on, B, I'll fix what I can and I'll fix myself and we'll take a quick peekerdoodle."

Kass nods to Aladriel's instructions, moving to change into something a little less glamourous and a little more sneaky. Off goes the expensive jewelry, on goes the MORE expensive jewelry, or at least one piece. On her way past Aladriel, Kass murmurs something in her ear and keeps going, grabbing the correct footwear.

When Kassandra has changed, Aladriel will spend some time on her hair. She's a gorgeous elf, so Ally does with magic-makeup to dull some of that beautifulness. Changes the color to a really mundane sandy-blond. For herself…nothing, yet. She throws on the trid for a second and waits for a commercial. Sees one. Casts a spell to look exactly like the woman she saw on the commercial who she was pretty sure wasn't a celebrity. Then she's all set.

For her part, Jamileh makes herself comfortable at the computer to see what she can do with the thing and what she might be able to find out about where they're going.

Once Ally has fixed her looks, Kass nods at her readiness. It's late, but the three hour plane ride gave them ample time for a nap. Plus, well, they are runners. If they can't deal with this after a normal day, they should retire and run a flower shop.

Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 8 vs TN 4 for "Casting F6 Physical Mask":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 7 9 10 11 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 8 - 5 vs TN 4 for "Casting F6 Physical Mask KP.":
1 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 4 (to Johny) for "Resisting M Drain, need 4.":
1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 11 13 14 = 10 Successes

Legwork

Public websites are wonderful things. In a few minutes, Jamileh is able to learn all about the history of Southebies Auction House, some of the famous things it's sold, some of its selling points, a bit about the historic 8 story 1930s structure it's housed in and its ornate, art-deco corner-angels.

So out and about on the street, they'll head down to the street and head towards the auction house. Ally's confident in how well she cast her spell and the fact that she's really being unremarkable, so she's not too worried. For what they have in mind, it should be just fine.

Kass tones down all her normal mannerisms, working on walking and even talking differently. She works on using her right hand rather than her left, in all ways trying to separate this disguise from who she really is. She does stay alert, though, looking for things other than the auction house. There are other players involved, and she is eager to see what they are up to.

The building is everything the website promised, Eight stories of monolithic poured concrete with angels at each corner, staring down in to the street with downward pointed swords and decorative crenilation along the roof lines. The bottom level is glass-walled, showing the current artifacts and attractions behind thick securiglass and under bright lights.

Aladriel, cleverly disguised, looks curiously at the auction house. Yup, just like it was supposed to be! So with a quick look at the building to see anything obvious that is different, like a big humanoid robot with a chaingun standing guard at the entranceway, Aladriel concerns herself looking around a bit for….good fall back spots. An prospective places where some gear might be able to be stored, a location on the street where a car could be left with some things in it, etc.

She comms quietly to Kassandra. "Pretty unremarkable. See any storage?"

There are cameras that cover the outside of the building, anchored in other buildings. The entire area, AAA rated, is under constant surveillance and observation. A mouse can't fart here without a drone being dispatched. Cars parked on the street have a 5 minute window to be parked, before they are ticketed. After 30 minutes, they are towed. No exceptions, no permits.
Window shopping and siteseeing, Kass keeps her eyes out for fall back points, for escape routes, for cover, for good spots for someone to snipe from. She shakes her head to Ally, eyes flicking to windows and nearby cars, looking for things out of place, things out of the ordinary.

Jamileh gets a pop-up: AZTECHNOLOGY STOCK SECRETS GROW YOUR PENIS NIGERIAN OIL MINISTER

Jamileh bookmarks it for Johny's edification later.
Johny does need oil, its true.

Cameras. Strict parking zones. Ally starts to look up when…instead she looks down, seeing if there are any manhole covers for sewer access. That could come in handy. But without anything else leaping out at her, she'll quickly get interested in other sights and start moving away.

"Done." she comms.

"Me too." Kass comms quietly, falling into step with Ally and moving to see other sights, other events and interesting things in the city that never sleeps. There is nothing here, or if there is she can't see it. And since there are no Bad Guys being obvious, nothing to do but wander off.
Nope. No badguys being obvious. Probably everyone did exactly what you just did. Maybe a few have hotels or offices that overlook the area, here, surrounded by canyons of steel.

By the time the intrepid two get back, by the way? The lights are off in the second bedroom and Jamileh is, it would appear, slumbering. HA.

Nope. No badguys being obvious. Probably everyone did exactly what you just did. Maybe a few have hotels or offices that overlook the area, here, surrounded by canyons of steel.

Only when they're back at the hotel does Aladriel find a safe place to become Aladriel again. Back to the room, she sighs and runs a hand through her hair. "Going to be tough if it gets messy. No….no real way to do too much tricky stuff, mm?"

Kass eyes the hair Ally gifted her with in the mirror, murmuring, "I don't look right." She shrugs to the mage and says, "I wouldn't want to fight there anyway. And with luck, it evens the playing field for us all. No one else will try to be too tricky for fear of being the one the cops come down hard on. No, I betcha a pretty that it will be all politics and money."

"Well then, let's hope you're up for it, cause I'm not too good with politics and all. I'm more…zap-zap-zap," on the last zap, Aladriel sets Kassandra's looks right again. "There you are."

Grinning, Kass nods, "I'll do my best. I'll have you there as my security, so I won't have anything to worry about." She winks at the mage and says, "Sleep time, I think, for the big day. Never can tell what will happen before we go." She motions towards the grand bedroom and massive bed, muttering, "I miss my dogs."

Aladriel smiles to that and sighs, nodding in agreement to missing home, even after this short time. "We'll grab some shut eye, wake up to refuel and plan, and then…showtime?"

"That's the plan I think. Unless Jam found all sorts of interesting stuff on the auction we are flying blind, so we just go to the auction. Cannot really come up with much else til we know all the players, who wins the item, etc etc." She starts tossing clothes, mentioning, "At least this is better than all the other times I get sent out of time. Usually I am in a tent with robots or shadowrunners in the middle of a blizzard."

The Next Morning

THE NEXT MORNING… 9AM.

Room Service has sent up a massive feast; consisting of vegetarian tuck primarily, but also a smaller cart labeled 'meat products' that is kept away from the others. Someone has alerted the staff that the Comptess is a vegetarian, it may seem.

5 hours to Auction.

The Comtess awakens and checks over the fare. The auction is at 2PM, an unearthly hour for such a thing. She'll eat and spend the rest of the morning on getting ready, at least to the common eye. In reality, she piddles around and plays at getting ready, taking her time. There isn't really anything she can do until then, so ..

Jamileh has a shower - and a long one - before emerging with tousled wet hair, a towel around her shoulders and a camisole and panties alone comprising her wardrobe. Yawning, she makes her way directly to the coffee and regards it pensively. "Think this is safe then?"

Aladriel is up bright and early and hits the shower first so that she can be out of the way and has plenty of time to get herself prepared mentally and physically. She'll make use of the room to do some rigorous stretching to prepare her body for some later work.

"I think so," she'll tell Jamileh as she goes out to join her.

The Comtess wanders by eating a piece of melon, "I doubt this hotel would allow its guests, especially VIPs, to get poisoned. I wouldn't be at all surprised that they had someone whose job it was to check that sort of thing. They have a good reputation."

"Maybe I'm a little jumpy," admits the Aussie as she pours herself some coffee and then wanders around, stretching. "New city and all, you know? Sorry."

"What my lady said," Ally says with a wink to the Comtess. "How'd your research go yesterday?" she asks Jamileh as she starts picking at some food. "And if you're jumpy….save us all and go easy on the coffee," she jokes.

"Jumpy is good." The Comtess does, however, stay away from the windows as much as possible. No sense asking for trouble.

Jamileh grins at Ally and replies, "Telling me to go easy on the coffee is like telling a fish to go easy on swimming. I'll be fine."

THe House Phone rings.

Ring ring ring!

Kass looks up from doing her nails towards the general direction of the phone. She sighs, "Display call, voice only." She calls the commands out in the Comtess's voice, going back to working on her nails.

The phone routes to the trid, blinking: VOICE ONLY

"Hello ladies." Says Johny's voice quietly. "Denied the gloriousness of your morning victuals, am I?"
Jamileh doesn't smile. Nope. She turns her back to the phone and the others, remaining quiet.

"Good morning Charlie" Ally greets when she hears just who's on the phone. She smiles hugely, even though he can't see it. "Nope, no visuals, we're all naked in the tub right now."

"We thought that the sound of our voices was a far better treat for you this early in the morning. You are no doubt watching some trideo show instead of us anyway. I know there is a no-rules soccer game on right now from Argentina, for example. To what do we owe the honour of the call?" Kass paints her nails carefully.

"Actually it's an economic report from the NEEC. Europort is, with SK's backing, trying to revive the debate about replacing the Nuyen with the Euro." Admits Johny. "It's actually pretty interesting. But I was calling to make sure my favorite ladies made it safely in and were happy. I'll be in Long Island in about an hour myself, on a separate meeting. I won't be available for discussion, but I felt I should check in wiht you. Anyone dead yet?"

"Ooooh really, you're going to be that close? Like close enough to drop in with a LTA transport at an opportune moment?" Ally asks hopefully with a little grin.

"DOubtful." offers the voice.

"I am constantly amazed. I wouldn't have believed you could have found something more dull than sports." Kass's voice is bland as she moves to paint her toenails. "We've had a lovely little flight and a lovely little breakfast. Other than that, we're simply waiting."

Jamileh's snicker might be audible, even with her back turned.

"Anyway. I'll see you later in the day, if all goes well." Says Johny as he moves to end the call. "YOu ladies have a pleasant time."

"Hooroo then, boss," calls the olive-skinned Aussie over her shoulder. Snicker.

"Bon soir, Charlie," Kass calls in an affected French accent.

Johny pauses. "Can anyone translate that for me?"

Ally laughs softly at Johny's pause. "Good day, well really more like good morning, she says," Ally says with a small laugh.

Still in the accent, Kass says, "Non. End call." The phone cuts off to her laughter.

Once the call is disconnected, Jamileh's snicker becomes an outright laugh. "You two are absobloodylutely whacka."

Johny stares at his phone. "Those girls are absolfuckinglutely crazy."

The elf flashes a smile and nods, "Very true. Plus, it is good to make him wonder what is up."

At the Auction

The Auction, while not being the sort of thing that gets the attention of the Crown Jewels of Britain, does have its own following, consisting of a pack of scream-sheet flash-bulbs being held back by security. The street is packed with taxies, all trying to get around the line of chauffeured cars letting off the various bidders on today's collection of lots. The item your bidding on is part of a greater lot, complete with antiques and other valuables.

Velvet ropes run from the front doors to the curb, where passengers disgorge and then walk in safety, in to the building.

The New York afternoon shines somewhat on the limo as it pulls before the auction house. Safely inside lurks the Comtess and her talented security team. They have been prepared, cleaned, and ready for what the day may bring. The Lady carries what she needs: money, lipstick, a mirror. She is ready to go.

As they pull before the auction house she quickly murmurs, "Red, Black, here we go, just like we talked about. The item is secondary to our lives. Anything goes wrong, we fall back to the pre-selected locations. We fall back to the second and third radio channels as needed." She offers a smile to them both, her eyes lingering on Aladriel for several long seconds before letting them fall and sliding into character

"Rog," is all Jamileh says as acknowledgment, between her teeth. She seems to have fallen into the rear guard sort of position, falling back a little behind the others, attentive. A little nervous, too, if one is to be honest.

The car pulls to a stop at the appointed spot, allowing the ladies to step in to the building. The main lobby has a pre-party underway, with a variety of New York Luminaries present that no one here would recognize; a variety of out of towners that the locals wouldn't recognize, and so on and so forth. A buffet line of high-end finger foods are set up, along with servers with trays offering Horedourves, despite the GM's inability to spell. Drinks are provided, with Champaign flowing freely. The crowd is being loosened up.

Showtime. The Comtess will move through the crowd with the absolute confidence that she owns the room. A flute of champagne finds its way into her right hand, a prop and no more. A smile here, a kind word there, she plays the part of socialite and possible European royalty. Behind those bright eyes and quiet words she is constantly watching, keeping track of who is who, who is talking to who, where the tensions in the room lie. Past that is a near constant sense of where Aladriel is, followed by Jam.

Ally winks at Kassandra rather than really getting into it verbally with her. It says all that she needs to say in that moment: confident, relaxed, secure. She's wearing armor and all and has left the weaponss behind as required. Rather than wear dark sunglasses, she's wearing lightly polarized regular glasses, dark enough that they conceal the color of her eyes but don't look out of place like mirrored sunglasses would look.

Though she is not a trained security woman, Aladriel has seen enough videos and shows and the like to play the part. She doesn't indulge in the wine or the food, she just makes sure that no one gets too close to the Comtess without her being full aware.

As for Jamileh? She falls back several paces and tries to blend in. Being unobserved? That's her thing.

«OOC» Johny will take perception checks from Ally and Kassandra.
«OOC» Johny says, "And Jam, actually"
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence for "Elvish low-light, increased sexiness.":
1 1 3 4 5 5 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "C'mon big money!":
1 1 2 2 4 4 4 5 5 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "Will also astrally perceive at some point":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 4 7 17
«OOC» Johny says, "Hooah"
197212-lg.jpg

The party is a splendid affair. Kassandra is a little busy being her own charming self, flitting about and smiling, occasionally having snippets of conversations with random people; some townies, some out of townies. Ally pauses here and there, looking all gruff and security like, catching flashes in the crowds of people just like her. People looking gruff and security like. People who move like adepts; and then confirmed by the astral. Some don't look like adepts, but who knows. Maybe they are initiates.

But it's Jam who spots him. Him. Such an ominous name for such a gentile looking man. HE stands on the stair case, looking out over the crowd… and just… something… about him. The way he watches Kassandra move makes Jam's hair stand on end.

Jamileh half-turns away from the majority of the crowd, expecting to be ignored - she's clearly a Hired Hand after all - and says lowly, "Staircase, three o'clock." That's it for now, nothing more. But she'll find a place to stand with her back to a wall.

People watch Kassandra. The sky is blue, water is wet, people watch Kassandra; it's a fact of life she deals with, sort of like gravity. The elven Comtess keeps moving through the crowd, pausing here to have meaningless banter with some executive, pausing there to talk to a woman in a positively ghastly icey blue dress meant for someone 30 pounds lighter and ten years younger. At the murmured comment in her ear she'll make her way to another patron, letting her gaze drift through the room and past the person that was indicated.

And when they look, thats when Salvatore will smile, a toothy smile, and tip his head in greeting, a gesture offered with his cigar.

Aladriel doesn't react right away to hearing something on the comm. That's a surefire way to let everyone in the house know that they've seen something interesting and the like. So she takes her time a bit in having a little look-see up the staircase. She tries to even hide her eyes looking up. But she steals a peek, and oys slightly. Inwardly. A hand slides into her pocket and she finds her pocsec to start fumbling through a quickly sent text.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Well, that just made things more exciting."

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Know that bloke?"

The Comtess' smile doesn't fade or falter. She answers Salvatore's smile with a nod of her head, a knowing move that shows she and he both know the players at the table whether or not the prawn know, sharks recognize each other. She doesn't speak or make mention on the comm until she is moving on to the next person to speak to, murmuring something.

Commlink-«Silk» "Second channel."

The man drifts back in to the crowd now, his point made.

Time to switch the channel. Aladriel does just that. Then she sighs a bit and shakes her head. With all the freakin adepts in the house and all, Ally wonders if she even bothers with whispering or the like. But she does. "Nothing changed."

Jamileh just hangs back. But that guy? She's marking him. Well.

Still working the crowd, Kass smiles and talks, talks and smiles. Somewhere in there she remarks, "We move forward."

Aladriel's text message was to Johny. Low-level text messaging, not likely to get much attention from someone bored enough to be monitoring transmissions coming out of the auction house. It just says simply 'Salvatore'. Good for him to know who's in the house. "Right."

Bad News

"Ladies and Gentleman." Comes a voice, knocking on a glass with a piercing tone. "Pleas, your attention please…"

Wisp's back is to a wall, as earlier indicated would occur, and her eyes follow the crowd to the speaker before moving on, because her job is watching, and not watching just one person, either.

The Comtess doesn't bother with looking around for the man; from his skill and reputation, if he were here to kill her she'd be talking to someone with wings and a harp. Instead, she turns her attention to the person knocking on a glass, focusing her will on the annoying sound.

Attention is asked for, and Aladriel's attention is given to the one who requests it. As more and more people start to follow suit, Ally will give a quick little look about to see if anyone seems as though they've got better things to do than listen to the man. But otherwise…she'll listen.

The older man, Caucasian and wearing a tuxedo, waits for the crowd to quiet down. "I am sorry to report, regret, to report, that one of the lots on sale tonight has been withdrawn due to legal complications arising from his premature… departure. Mr. Duncan Nuvari was, unfortunately, taken from us in an auto accident just last evening. Stipulations in his contract indicate that his next of kin gain control of the contents of his lot, and that it shall be pulled from auction, in the event of his untimely death. We are… very sorry for your inconvenience."

Many are watching the man in the tuxedo; Wisp is watching those who react.

Frowning, The Comtess stands there a long moment and then simply and without any fuss turns to leave. Her champagne flute is left on one the passing waitstaff's trays. She isn't trying to be sneaky or subtle, but is using the reaction of the crowd and the generall hubbub to vacate the property.

Commlink-«Silk» Exit.

«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Intelligence:
4 4 5 5 7 8
You paged Jamileh with 'A group of people off to the side, seem to be less interested in the news, but in the reaction of Kasandra and your little group.'.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Moment."

Well…damn! Aladriel changes focus completely when she hears that. The game just changed in a big way and they now need to make an exit. The target they have is no longer on the premises and to acquire it is going to become a different matter. Of a more important matter is getting out without incident. First thing first is watching Kassandra's back, but also..making sure the green girl doesn't disappear too!

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Company."

The Comtess only slows fractionally, allowing her gaze to drift to those that are moving towards her instead of the other groupings or to protest at the front. The smile is still fixed on her face, her 'disguise' such as it is still ongoing.

Wisp leverages herself from her wall position to trail after the Comtess, sighing and tucking a band of hair behind one ear. Her peripheral vision is aimed toward a nearby knot of people, but only for brief spurts intermingled with other glances.

«OOC» Johny says, "So: Making an exit?"
«OOC» Jamileh is trying to lag behind a bit.
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Do I see people trying to be friends with us?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Go ahead and pose getting to your taxi/sedan/limo and taking off. I'll take perception checks from people, physical from cass/jam, astral from Ally"
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence for "Hey! Who are you? Who who?":
1 3 4 5 5 7 7 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Intelligence:
2 2 2 4 4 5
«OOC» Jamileh is apparently looking at Kass's butt.
«Game» Backup to offline storage commencing. Game may freeze for a bit…
«OOC» Johny says, "s'what karmas for if you like"
«OOC» Johny says, "Waiting for ally"
«OOC» Jamileh forgets karma. Will do it again.
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Intelligence for "kp 1/4":
2 3 3 3 5 8
«OOC» Kassandra will roll for Ally with your permission if we wait too long. I know she is finishing up cooking and eating.
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence (to Johny) for "Astral!":
2 2 4 4 5 5 5 10 11 17
«OOC» Johny says, "Go ahead. … ahh. There we go."

Gracious Exits

Taxi? Sedan? Please. A custom stretch limo awaits the Comtess and her bodyguards with their driver already at the wheel. And yes, Kassandra will check that it is her driver and not some random slot like you see in the movies. She'll stay quiet until inside, but her eyes are moving and taking in those that are watching them, those following them, those looking to interdict.
It's the driver from earlier, so no, he's not been replaced. If he's a bad apple, he's been one from the start.

Following out the other two, Wisp tucks her sunglasses - you know, the sort you wear to clubs and not to shade from the sun - over her eyes again and takes a last look around. This time she is more obvious, as she is fairly clearly the Comtess' aide and therefore apt to do checking of the environment.

Physically speaking… There nothing wrong with the exterior of the car. Nothing that would seem out of place. Of course, no one here is a great technological wizard at such things, and it is a big car. You get a few blocks away, when Jamileh spots a car. Its got square headlights, and keeps appearing in the back window. It keeps showing up. It could be coincidence, but … maybe not.

A few moments later, Kassandra will spot it and the vehicle behind IT, which is either following the follower, or is using the forward car as visual bait.

Astrally, this is a very ugly place, these pristine pylons of modern society, Sky-rakers clawing in to the clouds above. THey are not astrally clean, they are infact, quite dirty. But there, moving in between the buildings, using cover where it can, is the astral form of a human shaped being. Its a spirit of man. He looks like what you would get if you took 10,000 remote controlled helicopters and mooshed them all together.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Spirit following us. I'll try to knock it out."

Commlink-«Silk» "Two cars, one leading and the other using it like a front." She nods to Ally's comment and raps on the glass, "A nice resturant, if you please? Someplace happening tonight."

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh murmurs, "I've got a bad bloody feeling about this."

Off the comm, Kass remarks inside the car with her words barely carrying, "We'll go to someplace in the open and then vanish from there. Let's see how good they are an how committed to this."

The glass rolls down… "What sort of restaurant, Ma'am? Cuisine?"

Waving a hand, The Comtess mentions, "Someplace with a lot of people, perhaps .. French or Italian. I'd like to get a good look at this city and the people, that sort of thing."

The Comtess addresses the driver while the Australian keeping her company does some site seeing, including the traffic…and those cars following. "Someplace with a dance floor wouldn't hurt, either. I could use a rooting date sometime. My lady."

"The water front then. Battery park, Ma'am. I hear La Note is good, they do french and Italian."

"And a dance floor? Do they have one of those as well? I do so like to watch .. rooting dates." Kass looks utterly blank at that, tasting the word as she says it. She glances to Aladriel and nods to the man, hmming softly.

Ally mutters as she finds that she has a hard time keeping track of the spirit with the car moving so fast. "Going to have to wait till later for it," she mutters.

"Well… I guess not, actually. If you want a night club, and I understand your grace… is that the right term? You want food and dancing… thats… well, a night club.."

Jamileh gives Kassandra a curt nod while glancing behind one last time to see if their tail is still there. Then she gets out her purse to reapply lipstick. "Rooting's a polite way of saying what … oh, never mind, your Grace."

Her Grace simply blinks. "Food, people, dancing. Someplace .. what is the term they use? Hopping?" The Comtess waves a hand, "I'm sure you have someplace in mind that the local celebs go to, somplace where one can be ones self."

"Oh, absolutely, Your grace." Says the Man in the car. "Studio 69. It's a good place, I take a lot of people there. Never been in there m'self, I think the cover's more than I make in a month, but they let the important people in for free, just to have em in. Last person I drove was Trent Dirkly, you know, that trid guy. He got a goodie bag while he was in there, just for being there. My wife sure did like when he left the bag in the trunk and didn't claim it."

"That sounds absolutely darling! We'll go there then, and I want to dance and have a good time!" The Comtess looks to her bodyguards, "And you are allowed to have a good time as well this evening, I think." She'll beam at the driver and pats the seat, "We'll see about goody bags for your wife as well."

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4:
1 1 2 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4:
1 3 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4:
1 1 3 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4:
1 2 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 8:
1 1 3 4 4 4 5 9

Ahh. She gets to have a good time too. Ally smiles faintly. "Very kind of you m'lady," she murmurs, shaking her head a little bit. Any other time she'd be all over it. Now…she's stressed. Considering for a moment…she decides to place an Earth elemental on call.

Wisp, however, with a single and slightly worried glance at Aladriel, answers the Comtess with a smile and slightly dry, "Thank you, my lady. I'll try to comfort one or two of the men you toss aside. Poor buggers."

"Alright Ma'am. I'll head over that way. Let me call a friend of mine, see if he can put you on the list. We don't get kickbacks, but my friend, you know, he knows a few people, and you seem like good ladies."

"That would be lovely, and if your friend could do that I would be *most* appreciative to you both. Most." The Comtess settles back, looking to Ally with a neutral gaze. Her eyes, however, are filled with worry at the distraction on the mage's face. She starts on a voodoo blood curse, picturing Johny at home with a drink and a sports show.

Ally gets an ah-ha! moment! She looks out the window quickly to see if that pesky spirit of man is following still. Should it be…she sets her powerful Earth elemental with a sole remaining service after it. 'Destroy that spirit, but do not manifest' she tells it. Relegating it to do its duty and making sure it doesn't trash the city in the process.

Cut-Scene: Lower Manhattan Island.

Geist's armor absorbs the blow that comes from the grizzled Aztlanner's fist, almost cracking from the strain. Knocked back, blades are drawn silently as the pair square off in the ally a few blocks north of Battery Park. The battle continues on, silently, blades slashing, the other man blocking with his forearms but taking little damage all the same.

A police car stops, looking in to the ally with its beam, catching Salvatore in the eyes while Geist leaps away, his Ruthenium activating as he scales up and away.

The travel through New York City is interesting. There are so many people, so much going on, every second is filled with something exciting to see or do or watch. The Comtess watches quietly, the flickering lights and scenes gracing the tinted glass of the limo giving a backdrop for her to frame her thoughts again.

The tinted glass helps shield some of the backwards glances, although Wisp has to rely on her makeup mirror in part to look for more than a discreet second behind them. "This is one big city," she observes. "Sydney's big and can't hold a bloody candle to it."

Sydney also has that huge 'manastorms that devastate the city occasionally' thing going for it.

The Comtess nods quietly, "I've never really cared for it, myself, although it has its advantages. There are ALWAYS people out and about and nothing ever really closes. One can do a great deal of business at any hour."

"Yeah, that's the reputation I hear, my lady," agrees Jamileh. "Not quite sure I care for it that much, though the advantage is that a lot of men are around. Some of them even fancy girls."

You paged Kassandra with 'Text Message to Kassandra: G: Salvatore delayed 10 minutes. 3 Ribs Broken, but otherwise good. Lose your friends.'.

Laughing lightly, The Comtess nods, "I do hear that there are some straight men here. Now were we on the other coast you might have a few problems, but here? One can find someone interested in virtually any sort of … things." She frowns at her phone as it chirps, raising an eyebrow, her expression darkening.

"Driver, how far out are we?" The Comtess asks, eyes flicking over the neighborhood they are in.

Wisp grunts a bit, laughs, then reaches for the bar close by for a bottle of water to crack open. Not sure she's going to drink it but she does open it.

Silk reverses the phone so Wisp and Ally can see the message: Text Message to Kassandra: G: Salvatore delayed 10 minutes. 3 Ribs Broken, but otherwise good. Lose your friends.

"About 10 minutes, at current traffic, Ma'am."

Brooding, The Comtess nods, motioning the two women closer so she can speak as softly as possible. "At the club we find a way to get out of sight, get disguised, and get away. Lose the tail and then go back and see if we can find the book."

No speech necessary from Jamileh, who reads the text message, listens to the Comtess and nods curtly. Done, says the nod.

You paged Kassandra with 'Text Message: Secure now. 1195 Grand Concourse.. Small rented flat there under an anagram of Duvari's name. Investigate it before they locate it. I'll try and keep you clear.'.

Kassandra pages: Text Message: Working to lose friends. Will head there next.

The Comtess taps a new message as she gets one, eyes drifting to see where they are: Text Message: Secure now. 1195 Grand Concourse.. Small rented flat there under an anagram of Duvari's name. Investigate it before they locate it. I'll try and keep you clear.

You paged Kassandra with 'TM: Need next of kin. Man is a trix-ghost. Spent all his life at sea on his own vessel. Personal records lost in the crash. Legwork is required. YOu have a 10, maybe 15 minute head start.'.

Moving quickly, The Comtess does a search for an address on either her PDA or the car's navcom in the back, checking the distance from here to there.

Another curt nod comes from Jamileh, then she takes a drink from the water bottle. The girl likes to stay hydrated, that's for certain.

The address is up in the Bronx, clearly, and its a large residential flat. The address comes up on the trix as single room transient housing. Rented by guest workers, the indigent poor, the people who can't afford better or don't want better.

Astral Combat

Critter Bod Quick Str Cha Int Will Reac Init Attack Combat Pool
City Spirit F8 9 8 10 6 8 8 9 28 +1d6 6M 13
Critter Bod Quick Str Cha Int Will Reac Init Attack Combat Pool
Earth Elem. F6 10 4 10 6 6 6 7 26+1D6, 10S+1 R 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 1 for "+28":
4
«OOC» Johny says, "32 for Spirit of man"
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls 1 for "Elemental, +26":
«OOC» Johny says, "29 for elemental"
«OOC» Aladriel says, "Elemental's reach will be giving TN Penalty to silly Spirit of Man."
«OOC» Johny says, "Action on the Spirit of mans part: It will use 'confusion' on the elemental. WIll/8 to make any action.
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Elemental makin up it's mind":
2 3 3 4 4 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Elemental WILL attack the spirit of man"
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls 7 (Reaction) + 4 (CP) vs TN 4 for "Elemental Attack with 10S. Elemental Smash puny Man Spirit":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 11 16 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 9 + Combat Pool: 5 vs TN 5 for "Attacking Elemental, reach against me.":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 10 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "No KP, yes?"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Right"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 9 + Combat Pool: 8 vs TN 10:
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 7 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 9 vs TN 7 for "4+woundmod":
1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 13 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Defending Attack!":
1 1 1 1 2 4 5 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "SPirit goes all discorperal. POse the attack and a rain of little spiritual helicopters."
«OOC» Aladriel grins!

Ornithopter, as we shall the City Spirit, hovers in the miasma above the car, watching it and tracking the astral aura's of the combatants. He sees the Elemental rise from the vehicle, then decides to try and avoid combat. He lashes out, a small fleet of helicopters launching forth to buzz about and distract the earth elemental.

Rockslide, Ally's Earth Elemental goes charging up with a vengeance towards the puny spirit of man. Like its master, it hates nature spirits. Then suddenly…it pauses and almost scratches its head. What was it doing up here again? It starts to look around, then…..sees its master throwing obscene handsigns at it and motioning after the spirit of man. OH. Right!
Rockslide spins around and with an astral roar it charges at the nature spirit and swings a club-like arm of rock at the smaller spirit.

Ornithopter staggers back. Thats not supposed to happen! Many of its rotors are bent and stop spinning, smoke rising from its little choppers now. It roars now, lashing forward with its mostly ineffective attack now.

Rockslide looks a bit surprised, or at least it would if it had full facial features, that it's first strike didn't utterly decimate its opponent. No matter. This is a creature unused to pain and having foes stand against it. There is no fear in this creature, so when it sees Ornithopter making to attack it, Rockslide dives in with another attack, taking it's massive arm, spinning and crashing it forward like a baseball bat without any regard for itself. This time Ornithopter does not survive. The spirit quite literally explodes from the impact, raining astral debris all over the plane.

Rockslide looks for any sign of its foe reforming. And without it…it's mission is done. With relief, it heads to its home metaplane, done with its servitude.

RP Resumes

Aladriel's eyes were out the window, watching the combat between spirits. She smiles hugely at the result she just witnessed and has to remind herself to not just burst out in delight about it. Instead, in a nicely controlled voice, she says simply, "One less thing to worry about."

Patting the seat, The Comtess says, "Stop right here!!" She motions to something of interest on the street, motioning for the driver to stop, "You can let us out here and go on ahead, we'll catch up!" She pats the seat again, motioning to her security to get out here."

THe driver blinks, looking back over the glass… "Ma'am???"

No sooner said than done. Wisp straightens her clothing a bit and reaches for the door handle. "Moment to check," is all she says on her way out.

"Here! Right here!!" The Comtess points excitedly out the window and leans to Ally, murmuring "Cover us?"

As before, Wisp keeps an eye on the surroundings and lets Silk and Phoenix take the lead wherever.

Luckily, the driver stops the car while explaining his confusion. "MA'am! This isn't…." As they file out… "Where Studio 69 is…."

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Magic vs TN 2 (to Johny) for "FIltering away BG Count of 2":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 9 10 = 12 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 8 vs TN 4 (to Johny) for "Casting F5 Improved Invis and locking to foci":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 9 11 11 = 11 Successes

As the car comes to a stop, Aladriel makes sure she is the last one out, and is also not the one to close the door. Why? Because prior to getting out, she throws an invisibility spell over herself and proceeds on foot that way, where she can have a chance to better watch for pursuit, and perhaps get into a better position to confront it, if need be.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Right with you both."

«Plot» Johny says, " To See Ally; Must get 11 successes at tn 5 on perception test."

Kassandra will lead the others towards the Luxury Department Store. Why? Well, she might need something, plus there are going to be multiple entrances and exits, probably parking somewhere, helipad, that sort of thing. She puts on her 'hot damn it is time to work' and moves along, keeping her pace at a norm.

Jamileh trails Kassandra, keeping her eyes open.

The woman coming out of the sleek black limo, with her bodyguard, are met at the door by red clad, top hat wearing doormen. The utmost in luxury, the sort of thing you hear about, but never see. Well, here it is. They snap to attention, one hand each pulling the double doors open. Air conditioned, perfectly dry air rolls out of the store…

"Welcome to Bloomingdales, Ma'am!" They both say in unison, heels clicking together at the end of 'dales'.

«OOC» Johny says, "Perception checks, all three, visual"
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 3 3 4 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence for "Elvish Low Light, Sexiness":
1 2 2 2 4 5 5 9

The Comtess gives a warm smile to the doormen, allowing the full measure of her charms to come forth. She doesn't even slow as she moves to head into Bloomingdales, continuing with eye contact and offering a "Oh good day, gentlemen, so polite, so gallant .. it is what brings me back time and again."

Wisp, slender sunglasses on, expression somber, waits until the other two have quitted the limo before exiting herself, lingering as usual in the rear and keeping quiet as the grave. So to speak.

Kassandra will feel a comforting hand on her back to let her know that Aladriel is right behind her, still invisible, but close enough that she can enter with them.

The men don't respond beyond that, doing their jobs perfectly. Inside, the store is brilliantly lit, the sort of crystal and chrome decor that is very last century, and yet, still on the cutting edge of haute couture. The entrance you have come in on, is right by the Perfume and Cosmetics section, with a small cadre of quasi-uniformed women waiting to beset Kassandra, but only if she shows interest…

The Comtess is all smiles and kind words as she moves to ooh and ahh over the latest and greatest fashions and cosmetics. Kassandra, however, is looking out from behind those eyes for exits and entrances, elevators and escalators in particular. She looks to Wisp and murmurs, "Be a dear and get me an air taxi ready? I do SO need to get out of these clothes and into something a little more provocative for tonight's festivities."

Aladriel stays close to the other women but she's not paying attention to them. Looking frequently back and forth from the astral to the physical plane, she is the 'ambush' for any bad folks who mean them ill-intentions. At least until they can all get armed again.

Wisp doesn't even hesitate. She offers a slight bow of her head, something like a salute, and turns away, taking out a cellphone to do just that.

"Oh yes Ma'am, this is Chanel Number 5. It's a classic scent, harkening back to the ages of the Film stars of Hollywood in the mid 1930s, the silver age of the screen." Says one young woman, entirely missing that Chanel Number 5 came from the 1960s, nearly a lifetime and 3 wars later. "Would you like to try it? It's not as obvious as many of the scents being worn today, but it has a loyal, dedicated following in ladies of your station…"

Meanwhile, Jamileh will be able to quickly locate an Aerotaxi service. As it turns out, small flitters operate across Manhattan, being a secure and safe, not to mention convenient way to travel for people who live in buildings up to 200 stories tall. One can be on station in less than 5 minutes for the ladies needs.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Nothing interesting inside here yet. Anything tricky you want to do?"

Hmmmming, The Comtess considers the fragrance for a long moment, "Ah, I remember those heady days and my second .. or was it my third husband? He always did love that smell." She sighs and shakes her head, "I best not, let memories be memories and long forgotten." With a wave of her hand she'll move on, deeper into the store, into cover and people and clothing and stands that break up the view. As she moves she'll murmurs quietly, the bone conduction mic picking up her words.

«Silk» "Move to the roof for the taxi, disengage to Drop Point Alpha."

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Acknowledged, waiting."

Orders thusly given, Aladriel will head right up for the transportation. She'll trust that Kassandra can get up there without being molested or harmed, so she will concern herself with making sure nothing terrible happens to their transportation.

It won't take long to break away from the sales people, and move freely through the good department store. This is the place where everybody who's anybody is shopping, the sort of place that has personal shoppers for the personal shoppers of the people who live at the top of the buildings, never once seeing pavement in their lives.

The Elevators are swift, whisking people to the top of the magnificent skyscrapers without the feeling of movement. The top of the building is landing pads for various aero-taxi services; the one for use tonight is Kingman Aero, a firm specializing in non-standard routes, for an extra fee. They are capable of landing in an unoccupied parking space, and not shy about doing it. After all; it's just a parking ticket.

One you're paying for anyway.

The Comtess moves along without a care in the world. She is one of the rich, and everyone else is just a helper (or a helper of a helper of a helper, which is pretty low.) Looking to Wisp, she raises an eyebrow to see which of the rides is theirs for the evening, scarcely slowing in her stride.

The bodyguard/assistant to the Comtess - the visible one, at least - has an air of guardedness until her boss gives her a Meaningful Glance. Raising a hand, Wisp crooks a finger at the airtaxi in question to signal it to get the hell over. Now.

Aladriel sets herself on the roof to have a whole different angle of attack in case something just pops up. She's also careful to not, y'know, be in the path of the air taxi so she doesn't get crushed. That wouldn't help anything.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Still clear. ALmost…"

Jamileh's phone will beep: The Aerotaxi is arriving now at Pad 5.

Pad 5 is currently empty, but it's lights snap on… Sliding in to positon over it, is a shiny black VTOL that looks part Harrier Jump-JEt and part GMC Suburban. A sort of aero-Limousine, but not as long… It settles on the pad while a uniformed liveryman steps out, opening the side door. This may have once been a simple aero-taxi, but its' been outfitted for comfort… leather interior, tinted windows and heavy armor.

"Ahh! Lovely." The Comtess nods to the liveryman and steps into the air aero-limo, eyes scanning the vehicle as she slips in to relish over the comfort of the seat. She leans back and waits for her guards, humming quietly.

Sighing, Wisp walks carefully over toward the aero-limo, looking around in the process. She knows Phoenix is around here somewhere and has no desire to step on the mage.

As Aladriel starts towards the aerotaxi, tsking as Kass just gets right on in and doesn't have her security check it, not that the elf *needs* protection, Aladriel has a total ah-ha moment. She completely forgot that she has the ability to maybe detect, y'know, bad guys around. So she casts a spell.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 6 (to Johny) for "Casting F5 Detect Enemies":
1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 8 11 11 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Aladriel scores 2 successes for targets on another plane (Detailed information but some are inaccurate), 3 successes for Targets out of sight (All details are accurate but some are missing) and 7 for in-sight. (lots of accurateness)
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 2 (to Johny) for "Need 6 to resist 2S Drain":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 7 9 15 = 13 Successes

As of this moment, there do not appear to be any one that Mana would tag as an enemy or anyone with hostile intent around. Though, in one of the other hovercars taking off, there is a woman who thinks Kassandra is far to pretty to be alive and would like to ugly her. But thats just petty jealousy.

Aladriel casts her spell and breathes a sigh of relief. She jogs to the aerotaxi and uncloaks as she settles into a seat beside Kassandra. She flashes a thumbs-up to Jamileh and the Comtess.

Looking to the now visible Aladriel with a smile, the Comtess rattles off an address to the driver. She leans back in the seat and considers her nails with the look of someone who spends WAY too much time thinking about their nails.

«OOC: The address given is of course location Alpha, where we hid our gear»

Aladriel is best for keeping an eye on the sorts of nasties that might be following them up here, but that doesn't keep Jamileh from looking around constantly. The young Aussie appears to be a little apprehensive, even worried, that something is still out there.

The driver lifts off then, without question or hesitation, heading for the location as given. "Flight time will be four and one half minutes, Passenger." Comes the computerized voice from the speaker system. Probably a drone driver.

Aladriel considers opening herself up to the astral, but instead spends a little time closed off. Best not to call any attention to them, even if it is harder to notice them, what with being inside of the harsh metal of a vehicle. "Been an interesting night," she murmurs.

Nodding, The Comtess sighs a little and bemoans, "I was so interested in that party too. I do SO hate that we had to leave so soon. It makes me just want to go home."

Pursing her lips, Jamileh relaxes a bit and says softly, "Clear night out there."

Kass, for her part, nods to Jamileh and glances to Ally's impatience, knowing some of the reason behind it. She doesn't comment but spares a look out the window with a little sigh, "So pretty out there."

The vehicle comes to a stop out front of The Greenbow Arms, a building on the east side of the River, not far from the Astoria, but a world away. A tall building, it's older, and the three subbasements are used by a coffin hotel for businessmen who are traveling on a budget. "We have arrived at your destination!" chimes the car.

Wisp glances at Aladriel and murmurs, "Got the rear," without moving.

The Comtess motions for Aladriel to pay the man and waits for Wisp to slip out first, "I swear, the things I do for the name of fashion. If my dress is wrinkled when I get in there, there will be *words* with the staff." She murmurs all sorts of dire threats about the state of her clothing and the party that should be going on later.

Ally nods to Wisp and pays off the driver before sliding out first, her gaze flicking between the Real and the Veil to see what is going on before nodding (if clear) for the others.

Outside, in the Astral, spirits zip by. Mostly watchers being used by messenger services, but the occasional police spirit used for observation. None seem to be paying direct attention to the car, or its occupants. The streets are clean and orderly, as most major cities with a drone fleet the size of the US Navy might be. The only thing out of place, is the players, in their finery.

Once outside and away from the taxi, Kassandra looks to Ally, "Masks." She says little more than that, heading towards the Greenbow slow enough to give the mage time to do her thing but quick enough to get them off the street.

Wisp slides out last and turns around, doing that "guarding the rear" bit and not hiding the fact that she's doing it. If she reeks of being a bodyguard, she might as well look the part too.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 8 (sorcery) + 6 (foci) vs TN 5 (to Johny) for "Trid Phantasm over Kassandra to make her not look like her":
2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 10 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 12 (willpower) + 12 (spell.pool) vs TN 4 (to Johny) for "Resist 4D drain":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 7 8 8 9 15 = 11 Successes

Aladriel nods to the Comtess, staring over the top of her glasses at her. She winks at the elf and the spell slips over her effortlessly, leaving her looking like a frumpy 40ish businesswoman with blond hair and a bad bra. She is dressed in last year's business suit and looks like she is tired, just off a late night flight. For those keeping track, this is probably someone Ally saw on the street recently.

Proceeding in to the coffin hotel, no one really looks twice at the three weary travelers as they arrive. The room rented is a 'deluxe', which really means 'small studio' in that it's about 10 square meters of floor space; a room with a Trid, a pull out bed, a desk and a shower stall. It runs for about 4 times the average coffin, but about half what a normal hotel room charges. There, against the back wall, are two black travel trunks, containing the gear as required and desired. One of them is open. Missing from it, would seem to be a medkit.

Looking around, Kass eyes the trunk. She packed it, she knows where things are. She has mega OCD sometimes, and right now she doesn't look worried. "Aha." She moves to the trunks and starts breaking out gear, looking to get ready. "Let's get changed and get ready to go to this address J shot me. Maybe we can beat the Bad Guys there."

Without compunction, Jamileh begins to do just that, stripping down to get into that really nice gear she's been given and do this job. "Any plans or thoughts of plans, then?"

Handing Ally her gear, Kass strips off the finery with little regard for it at the moment, moving to pull on her working clothes. She remarks to Jamileh, "Well, apparently there are people who want to do us harm and are already battling our back up. What I'd like to do is play sneak and get into this guy's apartment and play detective. You're the stealth specialist, so on this it's your call on how to get in the best?"

Ally snags the clothes from Kass and starts getting changed with practiced ease, changing out the 'bodyguard' attire for 'running' gear. She listens, clearly deferring to Kass on this.

"Need a quick look at the place before I can tell…did we have any information on it at all?" queries Jamileh as she steps into that catsuit that hugs her like a jealous lover. "Need to know what kind of security I'll be up against."

"He was a little rushed and a little hurt, he didn't say much. Given the target's job, the book we want, and the part of town I think we are looking at a fairly nice place at least, middle class or better easily. It will probably have cameras, its own security although only a few people .. maybe on call security as well."

Silk hmmms, looking at Ally and nodding with another thought, "Possibly magical security as well. I don't figure there will be much else."

Ally moves quietly over to help Kass into her gear and rigs, straightening things here and there while the other two talk, mentioning only, "I can check for wards and spirits once we get closer as well."

The location was 403 Federal Street, a made up address on the north side of town. It's a sub-letted loft, letted for only this month. It's in a security area A, which means it's not bad, but it's not high end. It's probably middle class artists, low level executives and others who want a space 'in' the city but far enough away not to pay an arm, 3 legs and your wifes breasts.

"Will that cab service we just hired be able to take us to this place with all of our gear?" Ally wonders curiously. "Or do we want to take our own wheels for this?"

"I think we should probably have a separate vehicle for this. Less records of things coming and going the better, in case they are watching for traffic heading there. I imagine they have someone smart enough to head to the same place, and He said we didnt have much time."

Silk said that.

Nodding, Jamileh observes, "Magic's definitely what I want to see investigated, yeah; my weak point. I agree with Kassandra, though; separate vehicle. Safer."

«Plot» Kassandra will contact SexyGuy069 for legwork. I'd like to see if he can quickly find out about any security at that place.
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Etiquette vs TN 4 for "Not in person, no pheromones. Speak to me!":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Etiquette - 1 vs TN 4 for "Not in person, no pheromones. Speak to me! karma reroll kp 3/18":
2 3 3 4 4 5 10 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Kassandra says, "stand on 5"

Text: |-|3'/ 51L|<. //|-|@ d0 j00Z ||33D?

«OOC» Johny says, "Translation: Hey Silk, What do you need?"

Text: Hey! Need data ASAFP on 403 Federal Street, NYC. Cursory pysical security intel

Text: OK. Sorry for the leet. Forgot to turn off the filter. One moment. Looks like NYPD is the security provider, but its a standard municipal account. No direct security measures. It's a residential place. Simple maglocs on the doors and some trip sensors on the windows.

Text: You are a lifesaver! «Account Transfer In Progress»

Text: No problem. Thanks for the cash.

Looking up from the secretary as they get ready, Silk remarks, "Ok. The local yokels are the security for the place. It SHOULD be the maglocks and sensors on the window for security plus whatever the guy has inside."

"If that's all it is, mate, it's no worries," says Wisp as she tucks her comm unit against her ear. "But I bloody hate jobs that look like cake."

"Whoo!" Ally goes, a big smile on her face. "So on the surface it's nothing devastating. We'll do it," she encourages both ladies as she changes her hair to a dirty blond that she never wears in day-to-day life, puts on some rather frumpy makeup via spell, and, of course gets her hair braided into a tight tail that will be outta the way.

Pulling her hair into a braid and under a black cap, the fixer is dressed in blacks and blues. She snickers at Aladriel and does what she can to keep her more salient features under wraps. (She is dressed as she did on the trip to Chicago, just with much of the gear hidden or not carried at the moment)

Wisp can totally rock the black suit. She doesn't mind wearing it at all.

And thus, the group makes their way by hook or crook to the north side of town. The buildings here are shorter, but noless massive to a single person on the ground. The building, 402 Federal, is a 5 story building sandwitched between 2 20 story high rises. The apartment in question is five stories up the oddly terraced building, the sort of thing with an off set balcony (that is, the unit above a unit with a balcony, does not have one, but the unit to either side do.) that goes the entire way up, giving it the look of a pile of books stacked at angle to each other.

Lighting is okay at street level, but the higher you go, the less there is. And then there's that group barbecuing on their patio on the fourth floor. YOu want to go to the fifth.

Magical Recon of the Location

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "Checkinzeeone":
1 2 2 2 4 5 5 5 5 5 16
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "Checkinzeetwo":
1 1 1 1 3 3 3 3 4 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "Checkinzethree!":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "CzechEnZTree":
2 3 3 4 4 5 8 9 10 15 19
«OOC» Aladriel says, "Booya."
«OOC» Jamileh says, "Thank you."

The building, on the astral plane, is pretty meh looking. The balconies seem to have plants and flower boxes that glow as biomass. The top level, the level you want, appears to have rating 4 wards. Enough that a person could put them up without need for a security permit if no one looked to hard. Not double paned, nothing fancy… Just good old fashioned 'no peaking in here' wards.

Aladriel floats around in astral space looking like she's wandering aimlessly. She could even be a -g-g-g—ghost! as she zips in and out of places while always keeping an eye on the target building. She throws on the brakes so as not to go crashing into the wards. She picks up astral stones and flicks them at the ward…at least thats what she imagines as she assesses the barriers. And then, fwoosh, she heads back to her body.

"Low-level standard wards. Nothing fancier than that that I noticed. Should only make a sound if you try to break through."

Kass looks up as the mage returns to her body, nodding carefully. "My concern isn't the breaking and entering, I am sure Wisp can do that flawlessly. We need to watch her back for when the Bad Guys show, cause you know they will."

"Thanks, Silk, I appreciate the faith," says the black-dressed Aussie, "and yeah, what you said. I can't bloody watch my back for spooks on the astral - can't bloody see them anyway - while trying to get the goods. You two up for that, then?"

Page to 'Kassandra: Text to Tapestry, From, Nacht: Out of the city now in Jersey. Anticipate 15 minute head start on opposition. Use it and get out.'.

Checking her secretary as it beeps, Kass shows the message to the others. "We need to boogie." She sends back a message.

Text: AOK. Moving now.

Wisp takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, releases the breath, then settles her goggles over her eyes. "Right then, let's give it a burl."

Rising, Silk murmurs, "And yes, we can watch your back and thensome, I do believe. Come along, Phoenix, let's get this show on the road and earn our check .."

Ally ooohs at the message. "Wow, we might get some action after all. Go get em," she tells Jammie before trotting along with Kass, ready to cause mischief as needed.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Small Unit Tactics + Task Pool: 1:
1 3 3 4 11

As it happens, there is infact, an opening. It looks like there's some construction going on in a unit across the street, 3 stories up. Its windows are gone and only a little plastic would keep you out. The balcony is entirely open and gives an expansive view of the street.

Checking out the scene, Kass nods quietly as she spots something, dialing back the glasses. She indicates the window with a word and a dart of her eyes to Ally. "Figure that to be a sniper's nest. We'll need to keep you in line of sight of that and put them down hard if they peek out."

Ally oohs at the location noticed and smiles. She switches to comm chatter.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Want me to hide you when we get there?"

Commlink-«Silk» "Sure."

Moving quietly, Silk keeps her present close to her in a soft zip bag, the other gear secured to her body. With a smile and a nod to Phoenix she moves out to the building they have picked, moving like she belong here and isn't doing anything wrong. She doesn't /skulk/, but rather moves with a purpose that just *happens* to coincide with various things to break up her silhouette, just happening to fall into the shadows here and there.

Aladriel is Kassandra's shadow several meters back, though she's more just swaying along like she's out for a constitutional. Thats added to by the dog that she's walking, without a leash. Looks just like her dog Rollie. ANd is really just an active spell. La la la.

«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "+10 for uber suit":
1 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "+10 for uber suit and KP 1/5 because, really, I don't want to need the suit.":
1 1 1 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 10

Atop the black armor catsuit that is her trademark is a sleek Ruthie suit, looser, expensive, helpful. Wisp activates the sensors therein and, low to the ground, hastens toward the doorway in the rear. She is quick, she is quiet, and man, it's hard to see her.

«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Athletics vs TN 6 for "Makin' like Rorschach.":
2 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 10 19 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "numero uno":
1 2 2 2 3 5 5 5 5 7 7«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "+10 for the suit just in case and KP:1/5, leaving 3.":
2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "numero dos":
3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 9

Once at the door, Wisp gives herself a moment - a very brief one - to assess where she is, how she's done, and where she's going. Another deep breath for preparation, then she just…launches herself upward. More than thirty feet worth. Without a sound, at least one she can hear, she makes it to the third floor landing and seems to be not even breaking a sweat.

«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Athletics vs TN 6 for "Up we go again.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Jamileh says, "Oh, that's no good."
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Athletics vs TN 6 for "Let's try this again, and yeah, KP:1/5 leaving me two skinny points.":
1 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 10 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "+10 for suit, #1":
2 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 7 7 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "+10 for suit, #2":
1 1 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 10

Right, so far so good. Wisp glances around for her backup to ensure they're in their hideyhole, then she launches upward again, just two stories this time…except on the way up? A bird is between her and the apartment's balcony, and her foot boots the damned pigeon halfway across Denver; the thing, cooing, continues on its own. Stupid ugly bloody bird. She keeps going, but it definitely throws off her rhythm; when she lands, she is rather less certain than before and crouches, breathing heavily.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says very softly, "Made it."

Commlink-«Silk» A-firmative.

From her vantage point, Silk watches the building, checking the ranging on her scope and mostly just keeping watch with Phoenix. She switches visual modes now and then to make sure she doesn't miss anything.

«OOC» Johny says, "Ally, Silk, Perception checks. Ally astral, silk meatside"
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence for "Visual modes: yes.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence for "Visual modes: yes. karma reroll kp 1/18":
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 15
«OOC» Aladriel says, "Sorry was talking to a family and now I have to pack up and rush upstairs before they lock me out! Here's roll!"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "stand on 15"
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "Astral Perception":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "KP 2/OODLES":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 9 11

Meatside, nothing seems to be happening. An NYPD INC car rolls down the street, but doesn't stop or seem otherwise interested in the building. A few pedestrians wander by and one man appears to be getting a blowjob from a prostitute. New York; It's my Kind of Town.

On the astral side of things… a watcher spirit zips out of nowhere, and starts rooting around the base of the building, slowly making its way upwards. Looking for something. If it continues, in 30-40 seconds, it will be at the fifth floor.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 13 (magic.rating) vs TN 2 for "Magic rating vs. BG count, every 2 successes reduces BG count by 1, lasts 7 x 6=42 combat turns before needing to be redone":
2 2 2 2 2 2 5 5 5 5 7 7 9 = 13 Successes
«OOC» Jamileh says, "Holy shit."
«OOC» Johny says, "Yeah, Ally's no small mage."
«Plot» Kassandra says, "Background count reduced to 0"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Spiritbolt incoming, TN equal to force of watcher"
«OOC» Johny says, "Force is 4"
«OOC» Jamileh says, "I want to be that bad-ass."
«OOC» Kassandra says, "any lighting or other mods?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Lets see."
«OOC» Johny says, "Lighting is poor, so +4 TN."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Centering) vs TN 8 for "Centering vs. TN":
3 3 4 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Centering) - 1 vs TN 8 for "Centering vs. TN, karma reroll kp 2/lots":
2 2 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 8 (sorcery) + 6 (PF) + 4 (Spell.pool) vs TN 8 for "Spiritbolt Force 7, Deadly Damage. Spirit must beat successes or dies.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 9 9 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 8 (sorcery) + 6 (PF) + 4 (Spell.pool) - 4 vs TN 8 for "Spiritbolt Force 7, Deadly Damage. Spirit must beat successes or dies. karma reroll kp 3/lots":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 4 5 5 8 9 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 12 (WP) + 6 (SP) vs TN 2 for "Resist drain, Deadly, needs 8 successes to shake off":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 14 = 16 Successes
«Plot» Kassandra says, "No drain"
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 4 for "Spirits defense. La la lal la OMG I AM ARE DEAD!":
2 2 4 16
«OOC» Johny says, "1 success. It are dead."
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Security Systems:
4 5 5 5 10 17

With a little grin, Aladriel makes a curious gesture with her left hand, pulling it close to her body and letting out a little breath. All around her the mana seems cleaner, clearer, easier to draw from. She simply stares hard at the watcher making its little climb and sends a blast of pure lifeforce at it, centering on the matrix that makes it exist, its connection to the material plane and its owner.

There you are, perched on the railing of the fifth floor balcony. The door is closed, the sliding kind of glass patio door you might expect on any apartment; it opens halfway by sliding in to the other side of the window on tracks. There is a maglock on it, but it doesn't appear to have a key hole, or keypad on the outside side. That would be a security risk. No cameras, but if you look close, and Jam does, there appears to be a pressure sensor underneath the outside mat. May not want to step on that.

Brother, could you be more obvious than putting something under the mat? Wisp rolls her eyes, crouches away from that sensor and eyes the lock. Mmm. That needs to be handled.

«OOC» Johny says, "The lock is a rating 5 magloc. It's going to take 3 rolls to bypass it. +2 TN for not being able to kneel in front of it. TN is going to be 7. Micro goggles or other such mods apply."
«OOC» Johny says, "1 roll: Electronics B/R, then Electronics. then Electronics B/R"
«OOC» Jamileh has goggles…not sure if they're helpful though.
«OOC» Johny says, "What kind of goggles?"
«OOC» Johny says, "If they have microtronic vision, its -2 TN"
«OOC» Jamileh says, "No, they're more for low light."
«OOC» Johny says, "Then they are not applicable. TN is 7."
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 7:
2 2 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Jamileh says, "Crap."
«OOC» Johny says, "Don't karma."
«OOC» Johny says, "Unless you -want- to."
«OOC» Jamileh wasn't gonna.
«OOC» Johny says, "YOu can simply take the full base time."
«OOC» Johny says, "1 minute."
«OOC» Johny says, "And try again."
«OOC» Johny says, "You're not going to set the lock OFF, unless you botch."
«OOC» Jamileh says, "Right. And THEN I karma. ;)"
«OOC» Johny says, "Right"
«OOC» Johny says, "Speaking of which."
«OOC» Johny says, "Elapsed time since Text: 2.5 minutes. Adding this? 3.5 minutes."
«OOC» Johny says, "Freel free to to comm-chatter with each other."
«OOC» Kassandra Screams!

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Um…gotta be careful here. Keep your eyes out, please."

Commlink-«Silk» "690 seconds till contact. I'd like to be gone in 540. Eyes are open, already had one contact. Switch to channel Beta."

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Gotcher."

«OOC» Johny says, "Second try."
«OOC» Johny says, "TN is 7"
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 7:
1 2 2 3 5 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Jamileh says, "GRRR"
«OOC» Johny says, "Karma?"
«OOC» Jamileh says, "Am I allowed to wait another round?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Yes, but you're running low on time."
«OOC» Jamileh says, "OK, Karma it is."
«OOC» Johny says, "You have 11.5 minutes until friends arrive"
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Electronics B/R vs TN 7 for "KP:1/5 leaving one, good LORD let this work.":
1 2 3 3 4 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Jamileh says, "Now electronics, yeah?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. At 10.5 minutes, the plate of the lock pops open. You can now reroute the electronics for TN 5+TN 1, as its easier to bypass a lock thats open, than get its plate off without setting the lock off"
«OOC» Johny says, "That is correct"
«OOC» Jamileh says, "TN 6?"
«OOC» Johny says, "Si"
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Electronics vs TN 6:
1 1 1 1 4 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Jamileh says, "MAN."
«OOC» Johny says, "Functionally the same, but its a minor difference."
«OOC» Jamileh apparently needs to use some of her karma. :P
«OOC» Johny says, "Yor call. You can take a minute and try again if you want. Just keep in mind, you're burning time."
«OOC» Johny says, "Karma is valuble, but so is time."
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Electronics vs TN 6 for "Burning last point.":
2 2 2 5 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. At 9.5 minutes, you pop the lock open and the door will slide open. You only need to replace the face plate if you want to not have the person know you broke in."
«OOC» Johny says, "Thats -optional-"

Commlink-«Silk» Watching through the scope, Silk hmms softly. She asks in a whisper, "Problem?"

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Bit rattled…hold on."

Watching the timecount on her watch, Silk clicks the mic as an affirmative. She looks to Ally and murmurs, "Start powering up. We may be making a loud exit."

Phoenix nods to Silk, her mind touching each of her various pieces of magicl gear and making sure they are ready to go at a moments notice. She keeps a few spells topmost in her mind, flipping through the mental rolodex for something new to try, something that will give them an edge.

Stealth she does well. The actual security stuff is…less than easy for her. Wisp makes a mental note to do more training, finds herself a little rattled, and makes herself, MAKES herself, wait until she's a little calmer. By the time she gets the damned lock open and gone to green, she has burned way too much time, and she's annoyed with herself and the world. Still…the door's open. No time to clean up and hide her tracks.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "In."

«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Security Systems:
2 2 3 3 3 4

THe door does not appear to be wired beyond the lock… but looks -can- be deceiving. So far however, the door is consistent with the rest of the building.

"Bugger me," mutters the Aussie before starting to slide the door open. Oh, oh so carefully.

Silk watches the time melt away, checking the leads between the rifle and her smartglasses. Behind her, Phoenix crouches and considers the lounging elf with a smirk, mutter, "Always laying down on the job." The words only carry as far as the private comm channel as the young mage holds several mental triggers in check, eyes scanning the area astrally and physically for danger.

«OOC» Johny says, "Gimmie a perception check, Jamiel. TN is… base 4, + 8 for full darkness inside, -2 for your goggles. TN is 10"
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "I've got a bad feeling about this.":
1 2 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 6 for "Mystery":
1 3 4 5 5 5
«OOC» Johny says, "Jam, roll your unarmed combat. TN is 10. Base+light mods."
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Aikido vs TN 10:
1 1 1 1 3 = 0 Successes

The door opens with a simple squeak of rails and rollers… The air inside is a little musty, the sort of thing that needs an air conditioner. Jam looks inside, taking it carefully, slowly…

And then it happens.

A clatter of claws, the flash of teeth, the sound of the dog. It launches itself forward, paws taking the womans shoulders and forcing her back with a thud. She is off balence for a moment, before she falls back on the patio. She's lucky in that she falls beyond that pressure sensor (provided unlocking the door didn't disarm it..)…

And there? Pinned by the massive dog?

She finds herself furiously licked about the head and shoulders.

Kassandra can see a black form launch out of the house, tackle Jamileh and take her down.

Silk switches to thermographic on the scope, quietly informing Aladriel, "Wisp is being attacked by something." Over the comm she speaks once, "Wisp?" Her mental triggers start on the gun, a round chambered and ready to go.

She absolutely cannot move. Soaking wet she weighs…well, not that much. A loaf of bread could take her down, and this is a muscled loaf of bread. But the licking…over the comm comes some helpless, if soft, giggles.

Aladriel nibbles her lower lip as she glances at her watch and then the activity in the apartment. Things are getting close! Without an audible word she calls an Earth Elemental on call, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice.

Silk pauses at the giggle, searching for heat traces across the way. She takes a shallow breath, asking again, "Wisp? I saw movement."
It's easy to see, on thermographic, the large form of the dog currently eating Wisp's head.

Okay, so Thermographic is NOT good on details.

«Plot» Kassandra says, "Bah! I suck at following my own orders. All mentions of Wisp on comms should be 'Black', all mentions of Silk 'Blue', all mentions of Phoenix 'Red'"
«Plot» Johny says, " Noted."

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Dog. *giggle*"

The dog stops licking then, moving off Wisp, looking at her curiously as it pads in to the kitchen area, before sitting next to its dish.

Dog. Giggling. Eating her head. Silk moves her finger off the trigger, figuring that either the dog has X for drool or she is being licked. She checks the time again and murmurs to Phoenix over the comm, "Red, may want to spellscan for enemies?"

"Excellent idea. Let me try," Ally announces with a big smile at Kassandra's genius. In preparation of that, she activates her power focus and then will cast said spell.

«OOC» Johny says, "Jam: ARe you turning on a light or something?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 8 vs TN 6 for "Detect Enemies F5. TN 6 for Out of Sight":
1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 7 9 11 14 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 3 vs TN 3 (to Johny) for "Need 6 for Drain":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 10 = 9 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "ooc ; nods."

Ally's spell does not yet reveal any enemies in the area; at least, none with a direct dislike or desire to cause bodily harm.

Inside the apartment, the lighrs are off, save for a few red LED's spaced throughout the apartment, probably on appliances that are currently turned off. The low light goggles give enough light to navigate by, bt no detail. IT's a 3 room loft style apartment, with several areas sectioned off by room dividers. One wall of the main room is the kitchenette area, wherre the dog is, while two doors lead to either a bedroom or the bathrooom, depending.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Clear?"

Commlink-«Silk» "Clear."

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "No hostiles yet."

After a moment, Wisp goes first toward the kitchenette, because the doggies seems to want to get food, and she wants to stay on the doggie's good side.

After bringing the flash light on, it's immediately clear that the apartment is all but empty, with a few boxes stacked off to the side, taped and labeled for shipping. The dog's bowl is empty, but there's a large bag of kibble on the kitchen counter, next to a two liter of soda, a few boxes of Chinese takeout and a package of kippered herring.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Giving the bitzer something to eat. All clear so far."

Commlink-«Silk» "420 seconds to exit."

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Gotcher but keeping the beast eating something other than me is important to me, mate."

Commlink-«Silk» Affirm.

The dog gets fed. Period. Jamileh loves dogs, especially big friendly ones, but she wants to makes sure his attention's on his food. She pours kibble into the bowl, filling it, patting his head, and then gets back to work because, HELLO TIME.

FOOD! Food food food food food food food. Nosh nosh slobber nosh.

The Dog is now firmly paying attention to the food currently being inhaled.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Right, then…pooch is eating. I'll have a look-see."

8:40. 39. 38.

Ally starts pacing a little bit, starting to get a little aggitated as time winds down and paydirt is slowly eluding them. "Going to be close."

Kass nods quietly, still watching through the scope. "Figure we'll have to do a running escape to the car, or else boost another." She waits patiently, time trickling away.

The loft style apartment is mostly empty. No furniture yet, and a pile of boxes against one wall. One door leads to the bathroom, one to the bedroom. No activity aside from the dogs eating is noted. No personal effects save the chinese food on the counter and the two liter of fizzygulg. The boxes are labeled for shipping, addressed to this location. In these boxes, one might fight personal effects. They are, as it happens? Labled.

'Bedroom'

'Clothes'

'Logbooks'

'Batrhoom'

'Wank'

One might also FIND personal effects, if one is not looking to wrestle with a dirty gym towel.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Right, got a bunch of boxes, labeled Bedroom, Clothes, Logbooks, Bathroom, Wank. I'm betting on Wank."

Commlink-«Silk» "Possible."

Looking to Ally, Kass shrugs and looks back through the scope.

8:20 19.. 18…

Ally looks at Silk and gives a little shrug of her own. She's looking a whee bit nervous as time goes on and so she comms quietly to Kass: "Fire or Air?"

"Air. Let's keep the property damage to a minimum untol we need a distraction." Silk frets, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

«OOC» Johny says, "Each box is 2 mintues to look through base time. Perception, and Athletics check to sort through it, taking an average of the successes."
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:
2 2 3 4 5 9 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Athletics vs TN 4:
1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 5 8 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, " So 40 seconds. Give me a 'rooting through porno DVDs, Mags and musty.. MUSTY socks."

Good freaking GOD, this stinks. Wisp clamps her teeth down and roots through the DVDS and the stuff that…eeeech. Thank heavens for gloves. Blech. She moves as quickly as possible, knowing that time is of the essence.

And then, tucked inside a copy of 'Dirty Stinky Twat for the Distinguished Gentleman', is a small black logbook bearing the name 'D. Navari' Opening it, you flip through and you see listings of coordinates and addresses. One is circled in red with 'NOK' listing an address in Sacremento California.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Got it."

Commlink-«Silk» "Time to go then. Disengage, we'll cover."

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "Too bloody right."

Wisp closes the box with haste, tucking the book into her satchel, and starts making her way out. Bit sad to be leaving the pooch behind, though….

Out front, a Black GMC Suburban pulls to a stop. Four men get out, checking perimeters and sight lines, before Salvatore steps out of the back passenger side, on to the sidewalk.

Holy poop. Just about showtime. Aladriel reminds her Earth and Air Elemental that she needs them ready to go at a moment's notice. Oh boy. Oh boy. And then….holy crap!

Commlink-«Silk» Contact.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls 7 vs TN 4 for "Nom nom nom":
1 2 4 4 4 5 5 = 5 Successes
«OOC» Johny says, "Okay. Pose your earth spirit, over the course of several seconds, swallowing the truck in to the sewers. Which, I will point out, are very stinky."

Aladriel has the oh-crap moment of the evil Samuel showing up at the place that Jamileh is inside. CRAP! Well, wait! That's it! Crap! She points quickly and tells the Earth Elemental exactly what she wants it to do. It's astral form nods and flashes over out of the building and down into the Earth beneath the car. With a tremendous roar, the ground begins to quake and shake as the elemental takes form. The very concrete seems to lash out them, exploding upwards to grab up at at the suburban, drawing more and more of the surrounding concrete and pavement into it's form to swallow up it's heavy target. There comes a point when there's simply no more pavement can be used…and when that happens, the ground simply opens up!

Kassandra looks to the ground as the vehicle starts to get swallowed up, bringing the barrel in line with what is going on. She speaks quickly into the mic, hands switching clips, "Black, time to go NOW. We have major trouble."

THe truck shudders once, drawing the attention of the men to it. Salvatore looks over, stepping away from the truck as it shudders again, then falls, rear first, in to the old subway tunnel that runs under the street.

Kassandra looks to the ground as the vehicle starts to get swallowed up, bringing the barrel in line with what is going on. She speaks quickly into the mic, hands switching clips, "Black, time to go NOW. We have major trouble."

THe truck shudders once, drawing the attention of the men to it. Salvatore looks over, stepping away from the truck as it shudders again, then falls, rear first, in to the old subway tunnel that runs under the street.

No sooner said than done. Jamileh makes haste to the balcony, drawing the door closed behind her, and trying to ensure she does not step on, trip over, or fall on that damned trigger plate.

Commlink-Wisp> Jamileh says, "On my way."

Down below, the men draw guns, one moving to the front door of the building, kicking it open. THe dark haired mexican with the top hat simply looks the situation over, and starts to walk down the street, as if going for a walk. After a few moments, the others move after him…

Commlink-«Silk» Calmly over the mic, Silk says, "Black, skyside." She looks over her shoulder as she breaks down the rifle. "Time to go towards the North Star, love. Have the air cover us?"

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "It can't cover us, can speed things up a bit, though. For you two."

How best to leave, how best to leave? The sky, of course. Aladriel is quickly thinking about how best to make sure everyone escapes. Ah….ha! She thinks. Thinks-thinks.

«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Athletics:
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "+10 please":
2 3 4 5 5 5 5 7 9 9 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Athletics:
1 2 2 2 3 4 5 7 7 8
«Auto-Judge[]» Jamileh (#2025) rolls Stealth for "+10 for suit":
1 1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 9

Aladriel thinks hard on this for a moment and then she headshakes at Kassandra. "No! Pick me up," she tells the elf firmly, turning her back so that she won't have to argue about it. She's telling her Air Elemental to get ready to speed them off. She comms then..

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Black, pickup incoming."

An order is given and Kassandra moves, clasping her arms around Ally and making sure her gear is stowed and ready to fly. She gives a mental command and sends them into the night's sky.

What do Ally and Kass do all the time? They fly, of course, and practice and train and fly. This, they've done hundreds of times before.

The answer is muffled; Wisp is busy getting the hell OUT of there. But it sounds like an acknowledgment.

Oh, she's going to be Rutheniumed, isn't she? Aladriel turns her gaze to the astral so that she'll be more easily able to spot the climby-climby adept. She'll direct Kass thusly.

Directed, Kassandra moves up and over towards Jam's building. She stays quiet, using her concentration to look for other problems while Ally takes care of finding their teammate.

Aladriel sees Jamileh's magically adept form growing brightly on the astral plane. It's a piece of cake to swoop in and grab her tightly, with arms and legs. "Up!" she tells Kassandra! And once they are safely stabilized, the Air Elemental at Aladriel's beck and call will add some intense propulsion to the flight and get them the *heck* out of there in short order!

Operation Airlift in effect! Kassandra goes up up and away, pulling them out of the area and onwards towards their escape route. She murmurs softly, "This was a neat way to get away!"

That wasn't quite expected. A lot of the evening wasn't. But Wisp manages not to scream or soil her nice armor as she's lifted upward. She does not, however, manage not to blaspheme.

And thus, the ladies are able to make it back to the Omega Point, met by a vehicle that takes them to the airstrip… where they will be airlifted back to Denver. Such RP as you desire can take place during that time…

Plot

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License