The Pirate's Life

A-sailing we will go

It's a day much like any other day. The sun is shining here in Colorado, with blue skies and no rain, a light wind blowing the flags around, generally pretty nice all things considered. The call comes at noon Mountain Standard Time, and not through your usual Fixer/Johny/Whore down the road. Rather, it is put out through the Watcher Network with Silk's call sign attached, for an honest to Ghost meeting at the Draco Building!

Hitomi has never actually been to the building, exempting Big D's downstairs. Oh, sure, she's been in the host, but not in the building in the flesh. However, there must always be a first for everything, and so here she is now. She gets of the bus, and makes her way towards the main building. She makes her way towards the private elevator and then, somewhat self-consciously afraid she's going to be told off any second, gets in- punching the key for the appropriate floor, no doubt supplied in the contact mail.

~/o I wanna know what love is
I want you to show me
I wanna feel what love is
I know you can show me…~/o

Sam belts out the song, Foreigner. His dad used to love that song, and would sing it all the time to Sam's mom, much to his mothers chagrin. One hand holds a stuffer shack building, one of a series of 20 lined up on the shelf, waiting to be placed in the model of Denver. The com-call comes in, and he looks up to the holodisplay that appears in the air in front of him.

"Huh." He says simply, putting the brush and building down.

A moment is taken to wash his face, then he's off for the few block walk to the Draco Foundation building.
Janie is training a group of students the basics of Escrima at the Aurora when the call comes, which is why she's the last to arrive - even with a Makeover spell in lieu of an actual shower, getting changed takes time. She nods at the porter, then heads directly for the elevator to the conference room.

No more making fun of Aladriel! She's already at the conference room! Sortof kindof the first to arrive. Well, it's a tie between Ally and Kass. And because she's the first one there, Ally gets to have fun in the room, spinning on the nice chairs, doing flips and rolls across the conference table, and finding some time to make some hot chocolate for herself. Not that it seems like she *needs* any more sugar, but…alas.

Kassandra is already sitting in her usual seat .. not the head of the table, that isn't her place. She is at the right side of that chair, however, going over copious notes on electronic media, sorting the data with stylus and fingertip in lieu of datajack or other direct means. Six trideo screens are going at the same time, piping in data from across the globe and into the conference room. Tickers stream under those images, with stock reports, real time weather, and so on.

Refreshments .. except for those that Ally has been into .. are waiting for everyone.

Johny arrives with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts, 2 dozen in number. "Well, good morning, friends and neighbors." He says, moving in to the room. He does not assume a leadership bearing, instead, looking to Silk.

"Mornin'," Janie replies to Johny as she takes a donut before sitting down, then looks at Kass, waiting for the elven woman to explain why they've been called here.

Hitomi finally arrives in the main hall of the meeting room after having gotten turned around in one of the hallways. So much for a sense of direction, but she does eventually manage to find the meeting room, and she makes her way in, immediately peering around, "Ooooh, fancy." She comments.

Waving a hand over one of the controls, the cacophany of news and weather and other input ceases; the screens are still running, but the sound has been cut off completely. Kass remarks, "Sorry for the early call, all, but we," and with that she indicates Aladriel and herself, "had the honour of being on 'monitor duty' today and got the call in from upstairs on a Priority One mission. And that brings us to why I've called you all away from what was bound to be a lovely Spring day."

Tapping a few keys, Kass continues, "We've been asked .. well, for a given value of 'asked', to perform a hostile extraction in a dangerous area against heavy odds."

Johny admits… "I got to sleep in."

Ally smiles at everyone assembled, stopping with her playful shenanigans since it's time to get down to business. She sits next to Kassandra, legs folded in the chair, and lets the elf begin. Then, when she takes a quick break, Ally is quick to add: "But first…if you get seasick, you can't come. Nope. Sorry. Can't come." She looks around to see if anyone admits to it.

Hitomi grins, "Only woke up forty five minutes ago myself." As she takes a seat, when it comes to getting seasick, "Well… Never been on a boat, actually. But I don't get sick on buses, and if anything will make you nauseous it's the afternoon rush-hour bus." She wrinkles her nose up at that.

Johny exhales. "As a Marine, I had plenty of sea-based training."

Janie chuckles at Hitomi. "Only one way t'find out, I suppose," she comments. "Where are we goin'?"

Get the Scurvy Dog!

Manipulating the various controls with deft movements of her fingers, Kass continues, the display screens blanking out for a moment and then forming a picture.

harold.jpg

"Our target is Harold Parsons, CEO and President of Simoom Incorporated. They are, on the books anyway, a rising star in the world of non-profit humanitarian projects, especially in the Middle East, with aid for the malnourished, the impoverished, and metahumans in the region."

"However .."

Johny quirks a brow, getting down to business with a cruler and a cup of coffee. Hostage rescue perhaps?

Hitomi also helps herself to coffee, when she realizes it's available, before getting back to her seat and glancing at the screen. "Harold Parsons." She murmurs then, but shake sher head- the name doesn't ring any bells, and nor should it. He contact base is very specialized. "But…?"

"Young Mr. Parsons and his company are *not* quite the White Knights for the region that they'd like everyone to believe. There are a bevy of unanswered questions, not the least of which involves his funding. Simoom Inc. came about almost literally overnight, and their financial records are as clean, forgive the phrasing, as a parson's sheets, the sort of clean that doesn't happen in real life."

Kass takes a breath and looks mildly unhappy, but continues, "There are also some yet unsubstantiated rumours that Parsons and his organization are involved, quite heavily, with one Fadil Azad."

fadil.jpg

"Azad is the virtual kingpin of slavery in the Middle East, running any number of lesser slave trading branches as far away as Lisbon. Although he has suffered some minor setbacks recently, he is still quite powerful. The Paris office has information that tenitively links Parsons directly into this, implicating him in looking for and acquiring magically active individuals through his company and giving them over to Azad."

Johny sips his coffee, watching the display impassively, waiting to hear what the intention for the mission is. No assumptions, no declarations. No nada.

"… What kind o'slave trader specializes in traffickin' mages?" Janie asks. "Not t'sound arrogant, but by an' large it's several orders o'magnitude more difficult t'keep a mage or adept confined f'r any length o'time without resortin' t'measures that'll burn out their magical potential in short order, an' anyone who'd buy one'd have th'same problem, unless…"

She frowns as she follows her own trail of thought to the end.

"… Unless th'buyers don't intend t'keep th'mages alive f'r long."
"Magi are just like people, and can be controlled just like people, Janie. The right pressures, the right psychology and a few countermeasures, can ensure safe transit." Says Johny then, no emotion to his tone.

Hitomi nods her head and frowns as she listens to the conversations going on, and she says, "Well, I can definitely dig up a little more detail on his financial records if you like. See if any of my contacts know anything about him- people like that leave trails in the Nexus sooner or later. But, you said a hostile extraction… is there a specific victim we need to save?"

Aladriel seems a little bit more serious as Kassandra gets into the meat of the background on this man. And then, when once more there is a pause, she jumps in. Even serious, Ally is Ally and for whatever reason she seems a bit giddy about the work at hand.

"Nope, not quite Hitomi! Even better than that! Mr. Parsons is on a very nice cruise, even as we speak. With his traveling guard and all that too, tho Kassie has more details on that then me. But what we're going to do…..is jump onto the ship…and when we jump off of the ship, we're going to have Mr. Parsons with us. And alive too, cause someone wants to talk to him, mmmm hmm."

Johny thinks over the parameters. "Where is the current location of his vessel, what are its specifications, what vessel or transport do we have at our disposal, how large is his bodyguard group, are they sea trained, or simply land based mercs on a boat?"

"Azad has clients that are interested in mages, even if only for a little while. I assure you, they don't worry about burning them out with drugs or torture." She blinks several times and looks at the table, changing gears when Ally speaks.

"Our bosses want Parsons, because someone *else* wants Parsons. And I would assume that as he passes through our hands and into whomever elses, certain information will pass back into the DF. There is .. more going on here than I was told, I am afraid, as is always the way with this. Still. We are being sent to go retrieve the man, alive if at all possible."

"There are, of course, some complications."

Janie nods at Johny, acknowledging his point, then looks back to Kass to listen. Of course there are complications. There always are.

Ally seems most pleased about all of this, and her eyes drift to Johny when he asks his good questions. "It's a huge, huge, huge cruise ship! More than a thousand feet long! More than a thousand staterooms….family oriented cruise, so mmm…how many decks were there again?" She looks to Kassie for that information.

Johny shakes his head. "Can't he just be on a private yacht like every OTHER fucking two bit criminal and hood in the world?"

Nodding to Johny's questions, Kass starts by flipping up a world map and diving in with the controls, "Complication 1: The Ship. The ship is currently on route to Abu Dhabi and is two days from port at this moment in time, in open waters. The ship itself is an eleven deck, plus associated sub decks. It is, as Aladriel says, a cruise ship full of civilians, other VIPS, at least one trideo star, and so forth."

"Parsons has a bodyguard detail of four verified, and perhaps more. The individual watching them was made at the last port and can no longer provide information on much more than how many angels can dance on the head of a needle, and only if you have VERY good divination skills."

She takes a breath, probably to continue.

Johny purses his lips. A ship that big will have matrix connectivity and be controlled by a single powerful computer system. He glances at Hitomi, an eyebrow raising.

"In other words, we'll have t'be discreet about it," Janie murmurs. "Do we have th'ship's itinerary?"

Hitomi nods as she listens, and she says, mostly to herself but nevertheless outloud, "I bet they'll have a satlink. And a mainframe." nodding her head a little, "I'll probably be able to pioggyback in along a Trideo station's signal if I can locate the satellite network they're accessing."

Flipping a few switches, Kass slips up deck plans on the main screen, continuing. "We know that they are docking in Abu Dhabi before turning around to head back to the Caribbean. Parsons is getting off here, unless we nab him first, and probably vanishing into the Middle East for a while."

"At least two of his people are known to have training aboard vessels, the rest it is unclear about. We have a plane fueling right now to take us to wherever you want to go, however you want to do it. The DF is very interested in this op, so they are putting some vehicles at our disposal but taking it out of our pay, of course."

Complications!

Are we ready for the next complication?"

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/deck-plans.htm#

Johny narrows his eyes. "How do we feel about a snatch and grab on the land, after he gets off the boat, or do we feel that a maritime operation has the best chance for success?"

Hitomi shuts up and nods her head when Kassandra begins talking about the next complication, though she does glance between Johny, Ally and Kass to see how his question was answered.

Ally leans back in her chair and starts to braid her hair. She hmms softly at Johny's question and seems ready to say something, then thinks better of it and defers to Kass with an expectant look.

Kass points to Johny, "Ah, you think like a good operative. Unfortunately, you've fallen into Complication Number Two. Remember how I said that the person watching was made? Well, it seems that word has gotten back to some other people as well. Mr. Parsons is *very* wanted right now, and it seems that Azad is moving people into position for a land grab as well as sending out his own little team to recover our humanitarian friend."

Eying the clock, Kass remarks, "We have less than 48 hours to grab him, or else we'll have to have a *very* exciting fight in Abu Dhabi, and there is still the chance that we'll run across a boarding team at sea."

"Mmm hmm. So I was sure thinking water works better. We could probably very easily get onto the ship….especially at night and all. Lots of people will be sleeping, including a lot of the crew. Will just leave us to get past his security, get him off the ship and disappear into the night. If nothing goes wrong. Which…why would it?" she asks with an arch of her brows.

Hitomi continues absently nodding, her coffee almost forgotten till now, she takes a sip. "So on the sea is the best option." She agrees. "Do you happen to know if the boat has satellite communications, or television access?" she asks then.

Johny exhales. "Of course I think like a good operative. Hitomi, I need that ship slowed down. Buy us an hour or two, get aboard its engine controls if possible and lower engine efficiency. Nothing overt, nothing to alert the ship. If this isn't possible, I'll see what I can do about arranging some other avenue of slowing it down." Says Johny, nodding to Kassandra. "In the mean time, lets get moving. Marcus is gathering the gear I'll want. And Hitomi, of course a ship of this size is going to have full matrix access for its patrons. People who take cruises don't actually want to get away from it all."

"Because it's in th'nature o'things t'go wrong when it's th'least convenient?" Janie asks rhetorically.

"The ship has state of the art .. four years ago .. telecommunications gear. It can receive some 378 channels while at sea, and more closer to land." Kass checks, "It has full satellite uplinks for its clients as well, as many VIPS like to spend their time in virtual realities or conduct biz on the open sea. And for all those shady dealings with banks."

Johny nods. "No applicable national laws while at sea."

Janie looks at Johny. "Failin' all else, I could probably whistle up a storm spirit t'impede th'ship, but there's no way anyone'd fail t'notice that th'storm didn't come up naturally."

Johny nods to Janie. "Last ditch on that, because your right. It would be obvious as everything."

Ally looks at Janie and then gives a little laugh. Unlike most of the times Ally laughs, this one does not seem her normal sort of cheerfulness. This one actually seems a bit nervous. "Ooooh Janie, I don't think you're going to have to worry about that. Funny you mentioned it, tho." Ally leans forward, abandoning her hair to embiggen one of the screens Kassie was looking at earlier, and she draws people's attention to…the weather report.

Janie nods, then ponders. "Hitomi, d'ye think ye could get into its nav systems as well? Screw with their GPS an' send 'em off course so that even if they do call f'r help they'll be a few hundred miles off from where they say they are?"

Johny turns his attention to the weather report. This could be the avenue he's looking for. Damn the need to communicate verbally with the human meat people! They slow him down!

Today's weather, accurate and dependable from the Weather Channel: Persian Gulf: 83 Degrees F with 100% chance of thunderstorms. Tonight, lightning strikes and pouring rain. Tomorrow: Noah builds an ark.

Hitomi smirks at Johny, "You'd be surprised at the sort of thigns which /should/ have matrix but don't." And then turns back to Kass and nods her head, "Four years shouldn't make too much of a difference, just means that reception will be a bit shitty." To Johny and Janie then, she says, "I can mess with the engine and GPS if the systems are connected… they should be, I mean, somewhere along the line they have to hook into power management or resource control systems." She eyes the weather report, "That, on the other hand, might be tricky. Radio waves don't like stormclouds."

Janie ponders, then starts paging through the schematics of the ship, looking for details on the lifeboats.

According to the schematics, lifeboats are located on the odd numbered decks.

Johny nods. "Okay. I'm going to deck the vessels booking department to see if any cabins near the target are vacant or under renovation. It will provide us an on-ship base of operations while we are aboard. one of the hardest parts of a naval operation is hitting the deck running."

Kass mentions, "I want Slither, Malus, whatever she is calling herself on this as well, but she isn't answering her comm."

«OOC» Janie is more looking into how many people fit on one, and what kind of amenities the lifeboat has - if it's feasible to make the snatch, have 'tomi prep a lifeboat, hop on board with the guy and cast off, then have the DF pick us up.

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Decks 1, 3, and 5 have BIG lifeboats, meant to hold up to 20 people, more if cramped. they are more like motorized launches really. the lower decks have smaller lifeboats. Two of the ones on deck 1, The Captain's Launch and the Queen Launch, both can seat more people and have nicer amenities. There are enough lifeboats to remove half the people aboard without overcrowding."

Johny leans forward. "What is the acceptable level of collateral loss on this mission?"

Kass looks at her notes and says, "Brooks said to me, "Silk, do *not* sink that god damned boat. I mean it. Don't do it. I see you thinking about it, stop that." I take that to mean that they'd probably not like it if we did it, but .. it is on the table because she didn't directly order me not to. Still, there are a lot of civilians aboard, as well as some other important people."

Johny mutters darkly. "It was a good plan. They wouldn't even realize that the target wasn't dead for -weeks-."

Smirking, Kass shrugs, "Still your call, boss. So how are we going in, what do we need to wear? Do we need swimsuits?"

Johny gestures to Kassandra. "This is your mission, Silk. I'm your operative."

Janie raises her head and glares sharply at Johny at the suggestion, then keys her PDA to highlight the lifeboats - and especially the Queen Launch - on the ship's schematics. "How's this? We get on board, make sure th'storm's bad enough everyone's advised t'stay in their quarters. 'tomi takes over the CCTV, we get to his cabin, snatch him, haul him into a lifeboat. 'Tomi makes sure th'boat gets launched an' goes back t'enjoyin' th'cruise while we wait f'r th'Foundation t'pick up th'lifeboat…"

"It's my mission but you are the officer on the ground! I am not giving you orders, I just answered the phone this morning!" Kass grins and shakes her head, nodding to Janie's plan. "See, that is better than sinking the ship, isn't it?"

Johny ignores Janie's visual commentary. Johny is a dangerous man. He's never hidden it, never denied it. Never made any claims to the other side. He's just never taken pains to show it or thrust it in ones face. "It was my plan, yes, albeit without the sinking of the vessel."

Hitomi ponders this, "If they have a Satlink, Janie, I don't even need to be there." And then considers, "Not that I'd particularly mind a free cruise to the Caribbean, I would rather be on the lifeboat myself. Since there's going to be a hostile ground team and a possible boarding team involved."

"Ok. So the plan is we jet to the middle of the ocean and .. get on the boat in the middle of the storm and get our bearings, nab the mark and make our escape?" Kass looks around the table. "And maybe get into a fight with pirates and you can sink *their* boat, Sam?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Piracy Background + Task Pool: 3 for "So… who runs the waters in that area?":
1 1 1 3 3 4
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Piracy Background + Task Pool: 3 for "So… who runs the waters in that area? KP 1":
1 1 3 3 5 5

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) has the Contact Aviem Sella with the following information:
-----> Contact for Johny (#799) <------
Contact Name: Aviem Sella
Level: 1
Type: mossad agent
GM Note: Aviem Sella is a higher level agent in the Mossad - the Israeli intelligence agency - and was introduced to Johan by Jeremey Faloon. She is based in Tel Aviv and has considerable decker assets at her disposal in addition to impressive field assets if the issue is of concern to the Lions of Judah.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Etiquette vs TN 4 for "Hey baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.":
4 5 5 5 10 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 for "Mystery":
1 2 2 3 3 5

You are relatively certain that there are a number of small pirating vessels that run around out there, but they tend to drift off after a few years. The names change but the basics stay the same.

Johny narrows his eyes. Okay. Time to Call Aviem Sella. He stands up, pulling out a pay-by-the-minute cellphone paid off a certified credstick with no identity…

"We just have to make sure we don't do any big booms or anything. Cause…I'm going to be really sad if any kids get hurt. We just want to interrupt precisely *one* man's vacation, no one else's," Ally murmurs with a little smile.

Johny glances to Ally. "I cannot promise that, Ally. You have no appreciation for how hard it will be just to get ON that boat…"

"Maybe for you, sir," Ally points out with an air of relaxed confidence. "But I can invisibly jump out of a plane and float down. And if I miss….well, I can breathe underwater," she adds with a wink.

Johny opens the call… "Sella, baby. Look, its Mnemonic here. Who? Mnemonic! That guy from that place who did that thing that you took all the credit for.. What thing? THAT thing! That thing in that place. Yeah, that place. Look. I'm about to do another thing in another place and I need some info. Who are the current big boys in boats around the Horn of Africa and Yemen?"

"She is part mermaid, this is true," Kass remarks.

Hitomi says "She looked cute as Ariel, too." Hitomi adds, and then she thinks to herself for a moment, "Alright, I think I know how I can slow them down. As long as their Matrix uplink is managed by the same mainframe that manages their navigation systems.""

Sella looks at the phone and hmms, "Are you involved in something over here, Mnemonic? The usual suspects are all running around in a tizzy. Let me look for you, a moment." There is the sound of a computer humming and some light clicking, "Currently there are three 'big boys' running around in boats out there. There is The Fist trawling those waters, looking for the Gingerbread Man still. The Kraken Krew is out in force right now, and have added three ships in the last twenty four hours, which is odd for them. And the Skrill are moving around, but closer to Yemen right now, they lost some people and are looking to regroup."

"Yeah baby. Fadil of Istanbul is making a move for a big boy in his finance wing when the boy gets off a boat in the Sandbox. Not saying who or where, but you're a smart girl. I'm snatching him first, so don't get in the way, no offense luv. I'll be happy to transfer him to your control when my employers are done with him, or share any intel he gives up before he expires in a gruesome messy death that I would wish on most slavers. If these terms are acceptable, say so now, baby."

"That .. makes a great deal of sense, actually, given what we've been seeing around here. And yes, your terms are acceptable. We've .. moved in a different direction given some other data, but we would be happy for an intel you'd like to pass along."

Janie remains quiet while Johny does his secret agent man things, and goes back to studying the ship blueprints, trying to memorize the layout as best as possible.

Ally lets Johny do his thing while she returns to braiding her hair. Hitomi gets a pleased look from Ally, "I'm glad you liked that. I did too. If I need to hide in the water I'll be posing as a mermaid, mmm hmm," she jokes.

The name of the vessel is the MS Corona

Hitomi giggles a little at Ally's antics, and then says, "Well, if I'm to slow the ship down, I'd better do it sooner rather than later- where will we be meeting up once we've made our preparations?" She asks, then, slotting her pocket computer to download the files available.

Breaking off from looking at Aladriel with an interested air, Kass will eject a call card, "We'll be at this airfield and be ready to leave within the hour. Not quite sure what Sammy has in mind for the op, so pack for bear and we can always ship it back home."

"Yeah. Funny how shit makes sense when someone reaches out and shows a little trust, ain't it baby?" Asks Johny, an ironic tone to his voice. "Okay. So." he glances to the others. "Now that we got that out of the way, I'll give you a call in a few hours with what I actually need. Still in the roll out phase here, but I will keep you in the loop. You got more data now than you did before I called, so call that a show of my good faith. Next time in in Aviv, I'll drop by The Stone and take you out for a falafel or something with hummus in it."

She laughs and mutters, "I will hold you to that, Mnemonic. Let me go kick some people out of bed and start my own roll out." She will hang up thereafter.

Johny snaps the phone closed. "Mossad's on board, in so much as you can trust them. That gives us access to a wide variety of resources in-theater." Says he, glancing to Kassandra.

Nodding, Kass says, "Well, it's always good to have semi-friends in the area." She hmms and shrugs, "Any idea how you want to get on the boat, or should we just swim up and climb the side with knives in our teeth like in the trideo?"

"I still vote for you and me jumping out of the plane and floating in," Ally tells Kass with a warm smile. It's also a couples smile.

Janie looks at Ally, then at Johny. "If ye've a suggestion f'r gettin on th'boat, I'd love t'hear it," she murmurs.

Johny is working it through, holding one finger up as it to ask for moment…

Kass grins and chuckles, "But it'll be raining!" She offers as Janie comments, "I have a bit of thermite?"

Johny exhales. "Well, the vessel will have a full radar suite for navigation that will detect people entering the airspace. Standard sensor package, probably with a 100 mile radius. That puts it at a sensor power rating of about 15. They don't skimp on these things. So we will need to come in at the waterline or with a stealth capable aircraft." He pauses then. "thermite may be a good idea, if we can establish what cabin he's in and if it has an external access point such as an above-the-water-line hullfronting."

He exhales. "We'll need either a low-profile speed boat, or a submersible. If we can arrange that, we can be in and out with minimal time on the boat. Kass, Janie, Pros and cons."

"Well .. can anyone here drive a sub? I mean, I am sure I can get a UCAS standard SEAL team insertion module or a cigarette from the League, if that is what you want, but it is gonna be choppy out there if they have moved into the storm. We'll need to watch out for that. Assuming we can get close enough we can cut our way in or go up over the side." Kass shrugs.

"O'th'two, I think I'd prefer th'speedboat," Janie says after pondering. "Th'big kicker's gettin' th'boat within th'48-hour deadline…"

"Thats not so much a problem. If I tell Aviem I need a speedboat, we can get one." Says Sam. "Magically speaking, what can be done to augment this plan?" He looks to Janie and Ally.

Hitomi nods her head, "Well, I'll head out- with any luck I'll be with you in spirit and telepresense." She offers the others, and she stands up, "If not, I'll call you, and need you to babysit while I access onsite." She says, "Either way- see you soon. And good luck." she offers and heads back out.

"Magically what can be done to augment this," Ally repeats, looking curiously at Sam. "I dunno what you're talking, really. I mean…it's going to be a storm so… I'm not really expecting there to be a huge amount of magical resistance or such. Have a spirit that can maybe make us go faster or something…mm, don't have a spell for masking us against radar, unfortunately."

"An Ocean Spirit should be able t'cover f'r us while we close in," Janie comments. "I'd have t'summon a second one t'keep th'storm from tossin' us over, though - an' I c'n only order one at a time."

"How about getting us aboard the vessel, either through a forced breach such as a hole or through opening a door from the interior?" Asks Sam then, looking for ideas from his magically awesome peoples.

Ally laughs at Sam. "That's like super easy. I can be invisible enough that no one but me would be able to see me. Can also make other people just as invisible. So I can fly up onto the ship. Climb up onto the ship. Have Sally go up onto the ship. Have an elemental do it. Take your pick."

Janie shrugs at Ally. "Illusion spells aren't really my strong point," she admits.

Kass watches Ally with a smile, tap tapping on the computer and bringing up other files, getting things ready to go, loading what they need: weather reports, the ships schematics, the route it is taking.

Johny exhales. "Lets get on the move. We're a good 18 hours out from Mogadishu or San'a."

Janie nods. "I'll need about fifteen minutes t'swing by home an'pick up my gear," she replies. "Where do we take off?"

Johny glances to Kassandra, assuming she's arranged in-theater transport.

Kass nods, "We meet at the airfield," and with that she'll throw out the address, "And from there we get refueled in mid-air and streak overseas to wherever Sam gets a boat."

Johny nods to Kassandra, moving downstairs to where Marcus has already prepared his away-bag.

"Still think we shoulda flown," Ally murmurs a bit glumly. "Speed boat…gonna all drown or something," she mumbles, but doesn't seem all that upset, truly.

Johny gestures to Janie… "Grab Slither on the way, and brief her."

In the Air

Lilith gets a beep on her pocsec while she's downstairs, making the early evening rounds with the club clients…she hrms, taps off a confirmation, and tells the den mother she'll probably be gone for a few days. Whisks upstairs, changes, goes to get a rental, and drives to the airfield in her dressed down clothes, gear stored in her canvas rollup pack.

The airfield is already abuzz with activity. You are directed, by your instructions, to one of the private airstrips. There you will see several cars parked as well as a 797 Air Cruiser prepping for lift off. There is a small waiting area where you can see some activity, including a cinnamon-haired mage and a small elf talking.

Lilith chuckles as she pulls up to the private plane, parking the rental Jeep. She slides out and grabs her pack, slinging the rollup over one shoulder as she ambles over to the mage and elf. "Oi, you! Wot's all this about then, eh?" And smiling with her cheeriest Cockney accent.

Aladriel had made similiar preparations, only at home this time. While they didn't have a TON of time, it was not a breakneck speed to get ready. Ally selected her strongest armor, certainly, but the weapons took a little bit longer. Silenced weapons. One heavy hitter. And some melee. Nothing too bulky or too heavy.

Aladriel just put on the armor and threw a spell over herself to not go showing it all off. But it's just so much easier to already be wearing it. She looks up from her chittychat with Kass when she hears the unmistakable sound of one of Denver's premiere madams approaching. "Hihi!" she waves Lili.

"And I think maybe we should see about .." Kass will trail off, turning as she hears Lilith, as Ally greets the same. She is dressed to travel, her own gear busily getting stowed away. She smiles and waves to Lilith, "Ah, glad you could make it. Ready for another long plane ride into certain doom?"

Lilith grins in turn and raises a hand. She's wearing her secure coat, the leathery trenchcoat flapping with each step, and under her infamous pink BUNNYKILLER tee are the long black sleeves of her fullsuit, well disguised as just an undershirt. There's another toothy grin as the women speak. "Oh, aye, I think I can manage 'at. This 'un be a bit more fun then last time, one 'opes, eh?"

"Mmmmmmm. More fun," Ally wonders as she looks to Kass and then back to Lilith. "Well, I dunno. I suppose….*maybe* it could be if everything went so well planned and we were all excellent that it was a walk in the park?" she wonders, then breaks into a wider smile. "It could be!"

Lilith just laughs softly at Ally, plunking her canvas rollup on a handy surface. There's a solid metal *clunk* and a metallic rattle. "Ok, so, fun was not the right term to use, then."

Kass grins at Ally and gestures to the plane. "Sam said that he and Marcus and Janie and probably the decker would meet us on the East Coast, they needed to get some things done. So! We get this big baby all to ourselves." She looks over to the boards and notices that they can board, "So. Grab your gear and let's get on board, shall we?"

"Anything you can't use we can send back, but .. keep in mind we may be in the water for some of this, so don't take anything you mind getting salt water on."
Kass continues, helping Ally with anything that wasn't already stowed.

Lilith pauses. Scowls. "Guns?"

Ally nods in agreement to pretty much everything that Kassie said. A look is thrown to Lil then. "Yes, you should probably bring guns," she says with a little smirk. Ohhh she's just being silly.

"You'll need guns, yes." Kass grins at Ally and heads towards the plane, remarking, "I am sure we can get them cleaned up should anything happen. Just don't bring anything you can't replace."

Lilith wrinkles her nose at Ally in turn. "Well, yes. I'm just wondering about that salt water bit…ahh, all right. Ally, you think that kusarigama you got me will be all right? It is dikoted."

Ally's eyes light up when Lilith mentions one of the weapons she was gifted. "Absolutely, Lil. Can just wash it off if it gets wet. It's probably a good choice, too. Nice and quiet!"

Lilith grins as she slaps her pack. Another metallic rattle. "I should hope so. I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, so we'll see, and it really was a lovely gift. And nice and sharp."

Kass hmms, looking at the sky thoughtfully. She pulls out her secretary and checks the weather on the way to the plane, scrolling across the country and then into the ocean.

Sometimes you see the bear. Sometimes, you don't see it. Some days you get the bear. Some days, the bear drives up in a black corvette blaring 'Back in Black' by SoundWall.

Lilith tilts her head, eyes lighting up at the tune, fingers unconsciously beating out a chord or two.

Pausing in her weather data gathering, Kassandra looks soberly towards the corvette. She eyes the plates, the condition of the driver's window. Aha. With a snicker, she nudges Ally, "See, he made the flight after all. He just wanted to fly with us, I bet."

He hops out of the car, johny does. Yes, it's stolen. I mean, Can you see Sam registering a car with the plate <OSOQUIR>? He doesn't bother doing anything to it as he leaves, Marcus will take care of that sort of thing, and his goods are already loaded in the belly of the plane.

"Who wouldn't want to fly with us?" Ally asks as Johny pulls up in the corvette and begin to unload. "He's probably going to sleep the whole flight and drive us crazy with his snoring," she muses glumly.

Lilith raises a hand to the man. "Oh, yes, I'm sure *snoring* will be the greatest of our problems." She looks to the other girls and grins, then back to Sam. "Hullo there, Sam."

"We should totally learn a Silence spell?" Kass grins at Ally, bumping her with her hip as they walk, waving a hand at Johny. She smirks at Lilith and starts to say something but then doesn't, instead miming shining her halo to Ally.

Johny offers a nod to Lilith. "Hey Malus." Says he, stepping closer. His shit's already on the plane so the only thing he has with him is a backpack that only seems lightly loaded. "Okay. I got three agents infiltrated in to the Carnival Main Server that are relaying back to me the navigational and communications data from the ship in question."

Lilith smiles and nods, stepping up and into the plane with a swish of trenchcoat and a flash of long legs. "Busy man."

Kass nods to the mission update, hmming. She eyes the plane and then Aladriel, leaning over to question her quickly, lacing her hand with the others as she starts up the steps.

"So that'll let us know if they start to do anything strange or unexpected?" Ally asks Sam, not knowing all that much about the matrix-fu, but making a good guess. She then is distracted by having her hand entwined with Kassie's. And the two take a moment to murmur.

Johny nods to Ally. "It also lets me spoof their communications and sensor data from the ship or two the ship if I feel like it."

Lilith looks over. "That's certainly more then handy…now, I got a notice to appear, but I suppose someone can fill me on the details for the flight over?"

Kass smiles and looks down, letting the flush on her cheeks die down. She leads Ally into the plane and settles in, nodding to Lilith, "Oh, I suppose we should do that, you'll only worry otherwise. In the short strokes, we are heading towards the Persian Gulf to perform a hostile extraction in the middle of a thunderstorm on a cruise ship, without harming any innocents."

Johny glances at Kassandra at that last bit. Apparently the scope of the mission changed from 'don't sink the fucking boat' to 'don't kill anyone'.

Kass grins at Johny and shakes her head, perhaps reading his mind. "No, you can kill people."

Lilith quirks a faint smile at that as she slides her pack away, nice and secure, and finds a seat. "Oh, well, I was about to say. Define innocent." She crosses her legs and grabs her pocsec again. "Ok, and who's the person we're to extract? Good, bad, ugly, or two of the three?"

"Define innocent," Ally murmurs, smiling a bit towards Lilith. "Innocent as in…there's a thousand staterooms on the ship and probably a worse case scenario would be like…what, two? occupied by people who could maybe be okay to kill. The rest probably occupied by cute families on a big vacation, and employees of the cruise line…"

Lilith groans and pinches the bridge of her nose. "Oh, how *lovely*."

"The person we are to extract is named Harold Parsons," Kass remarks, showing an image on her own pocket secretary.

"He is a bad man, as far as we are concerned."

"and we need him alive." Says Johny as he climbs on to the plane.

Lilith nods slowly. "Mmm, as you say. How bad?"

"As to the families… Sucks to be them." Says Sam, climbing on to the plane. "There are 3,430 Passengers and 410 crew aboard the MS Corona. I consider 1 percent of them to be an acceptable level of casualties for the difficulty of this mission. That means I can kill 43 people before I have to feel bad."

"Bad enough that we are being called in to go get him." Kass remarks, clearing her secretary. "He deals in flesh, Lil, and that .. well. That is bad enough for me."

Lilith smiles a bit. "Ah. See, this is where one needs to define "alive" as well. I'm assuming physically capable of coherent speech, at least." She glances over at Sam and arches a brow. "Or it gets too messy. Really, no need causing a such a fuss."

Clamboring in with Kassie, it's probably good that Johny went in first, because the look that crosses Aladriel's face is…well. Hrm. "43?" she asks. "You can probably bet on me making you feel bad on far less than that," she murmurs.

"Best case scenario, we may have to engage his bodyguards and without harming anyone not involved." Kass says, "And 'alive' means that we need him able to talk to the people that employ us. A minimum of harm would probably be best; we aren't hired to do the information extraction or even talk to him."

"Hey." Says Sam as he settles in to a seat. "I'm not the one calling in one of the worlds best assassins for an -extraction- job on the high fucking seas in the middle of a goddamn monsoon aboard a fucking CRUISE SHIP full of non-coms. My first plan involved sinking the whole goddamn ship. If I kill 43 people, I'll feel like it was an acceptable loss. Of course I don't want to kill anyone… but I am stating, clearly, my mission parameters. Leave your morals at the fucking door, people."

"They want t'question him," Janie replies. "I'm assumin' that means they want him t'be capable o'answerin'."

Somewhere in here, Hitomi gets aboard and promptly goes to sleep.

Ally's teeth grind for a moment and she has to start counting to reject the first few things that she looked ready to say. She looks to Kass for a half second and then relaxes visibly, venting elsewhere.

Johny can almost read Ally's mind. "Cope, kiddo. Uncle Johny isn't always a saint."

Kass looks to Ally and nods, squeezing her hand. She remarks aloud, "But. We're going to do our best to only involve the people that need to be involved." She leans back in her seat, "I'll hope for the best case scenario and we can get in and out like .. well, Shadows."

Lilith just snorts quietly at Sam. "Machiavelli, much?"

"That would be preferable." Says Johny then. "I don't want to kill people, I'm just saying what I consider to be -acceptable- losses, for fucks sake."

Lilith buckles into her seat for liftoff, giving Janie a nod of greeting.

A quick twitch of the eye and Ally starts to say something..and then something clicks. She seems to reconsider. "It's alright. Acceptable… just the way he thinks. Not everyone thinks that way. I think he thinks…if things go bad..and some people have to die, less than," she swallows, "Forty-three means he did his best. More and he's gotta get better or something." She shrugs and plops herself into a seat.

The "Stop Smoking Johny" light comes on, even though he isn't currently as the plane preps for final take off.

Kass listens to Ally and nods quietly, making sure she is strapped in.

Johny quirks his eyebrow at the sign. "I… quit." He says moodily, wishing he could smoke now.

Lilith gives a sympathetic smile. "Aye, the patch just doesn't quite cut it?" She flicks her eyes to Ally and Kass and bobs her head. "Let's try to be optimistic. Hop in, hop out, we're done. Maybe break some toes or something to get the point across to this fellow people would like to talk to."

Lilith thinks. "The mark's toes, even."

The plane starts to rumble down the runway, the modern avionics and controls minimizing the impact of the wheels on the runway. The plane pushes itself faster, preparing to take off into the bright sky.

Kass says, "Alright. So our plan, as I understand, is to take a cigarette out to the boat and board, secure a stateroom to use as a entry and exit, secure the target, disengage."

"Maybe I'll write a spell for you, Johny," Ally suggests with a thoughtful tone. "For the tough days," she adds, then shushes down as Kass shares the plan.

Janie chuckles at the light, despite her own mood - as far as she's concerned, /any/ civilian casualties are too many - then settles back into her seat.

Lilith nods to Kass, tapping away on her pocsec. She frowns a bit. "A cigarette?"

Kass remarks, “"A cigarette is a slang for fast moving boats used up and down the coast in the Caribbean League and elsewhere. Small, fast, sometimes hydrofoils, they are pretty nice for smuggling."

«OOC» Johny says, "I need ot know what stateroom our mans traveling in, its position on the boat, if it has an external sort of access like a window, private balcony, ect."
«OOC» Kassandra says, "The Walter E Disney and Roy O Disney. Those aren't the REAL names of those suites, but that is for you to see on the maps. he also has smaller rooms on other decks for other guests in his name"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "They are all in his name. He seems to be primarily in the Walter E"

Lilith nods her head, chuckling to herself. "I'll remember that. Sounds like a plan, but I also hear there's a nasty storm brewing?"

Johny settles back in his seat. "We will fly to Soctria Island off the coast of Yemen, where we will meet up with a cigarette boat provided by some friends of mine, which we will use to travel to the vessel in question. We have control of its sensors so can simply loop them for our insertion until we are under its umbrella… then we scale the side of the boat at the WED suite on the starboard side of the boat. It has its own balconies so we can make an entry there. There is in fact, a massive storm brewing and it will delay them. The boat we use will be good to get us there and back, all told, provided we are not sitting still for very long."

"Oooh you've got good ears, Lili, to hear it from here," Ally teases. She hrms a little bit at Sam's plan. "That sounds pretty decent as long as the sea doesn't flip our boat or anything."

Lilith nods, half closing her eyes and running the scenario through her head. "Security within the suite? How many bodyguards?"

"Minimum four, likely more. He has multiple suites, so they may be spread out, depending on what he is doing." Kass remarks, laughing at Ally. "We'll mermaid in then."

"There is an area close to the ship where waves are broken by the wake of the ship. We approach from the rear, unseal the hatches, those who are boarding, board… A ship that large has a significant wake zone, and the suite is located forward of midships, so the zone will be 20… maybe thirty feet across. Enough to put the boat in." Says Sam, his eyes still closed.

Janie nods. "Ally, d'ye think ye could do astral recon t'find out which o'th'suites he's actually in?"

Lilith nods again, looking over at Sam, then Kass and Ally. "Hmm. Only the guards, nothing else?" She pauses, though, and waits for a response to Janie's question.

Ally considers Janie thoughtfully and gives a small shrug. "Sure, once we're a whole lot closer, and in the boat," she tells the woman. "Wouldn't have a clue where it was out there. No way to find it. And then it'd take forever to find *me* when I was done. So it'll have to be last minute."

"We're making an educated guess that he's going to be in the Disney Suite, but we will confirm this as we get closer, via astral examination and watcher spirits we will summon when on theater. It does us no good to know where he is right now, given he's in a limited environment." Johny says.

"There is cruise security of course, as well as thousands of passengers, Lil. Oh! And there are some people who want him dead or captured or something who may show up as well, or already be there." Kass shrugs, listening to Ally a moment. "I believe some of the suites are shielded as well."

Janie nods again. "Still our best bet at findin' him fast. I'll send Athena along with ye t'cover ye when it's time.”

Lilith nods as well. "Yes, I was wondering about magical security."

"A man like this doesn't sit still in places that are not shielded. His suites will be. We will be breaching the first one immediately, jamming communications just long enough to make the breach. Ideally, we will know where he is before we attack. I want to be in and out before they know what hit them. If we have to go looking for him on this ship… we've already lost." Johny said that too.

"Magical security will be light on the ship itself, provided by the ship's company. There are warded suites, for those guests that can afford it. Other than that, it is my understanding from the notes I've gotten that they do not have active magicians on the ship. That said, the target may have magical assistance, and there could be others on board." Kass remarks.

Ally thinks a little more but doesn't end up seeming too worried. "I don't imagine the wards will be too bad. They're on a ship so it's mobile…that helps keep out a lot of casual travel. So…yeah. We'll be able to get past that."

Lilith puts away her pocsec, looking thoughtful. "If it really can be that fast, in and out…well. You all are very, very good at what you do."

"We /are/ very good at what we do," Janie acknowledges. "Let's hope we're good enough."

Kass laughs a little "For what we are being paid, we damned well better be. You are looking at the best pistol shot in the city, if not the country. The bestest mage ever. The greatest assassin. The killer housewife. An otaku. And yourself."

Lilith just shrugs and spreads her hands with a small smile. "Only myself."

Johny chuckles quietly. "I'm not the greatest assassin." Says Johny then. "Probably the best field operative, I will agree… but not the greatest assassin. My focus isn't killing people. My focus is doing jobs. Like this."

The plane keeps going, eating up the miles towards the East Coast for refueling and then across the ocean. It is relatively high class, very private, and gives you ample time to plan.

Once the plane is in steady flight, Lil finds a quiet, open spot and unrolls her pack. She lightly dances her fingers over her lips, observing the contents…the kusarigama, bull whip, monowhip, the Morrisey and the Savalette, ammo, extra clothes and her armoured vest… She leaves the bullwhip and the Morrisey, but takes the kusarigama and *very very* carefully checks it over, oils it, and leaves it ready. She then spends some time in deep thought, sitting cross legged and peering at her weapons, thinking…after a while everything is quietly rerolled up, the pack put away, and Lil quietly curls up back in her seat to sleep while she can and be fresh and *extra sharp for the mission ahead.

Dead Man's Tales

Johny rests quietly in his chair, a moment taken every so often to look around the air planes interior. "Now is the calm before the storm, physically and metaphorically."

Janie sits back and checks her guns, ejecting the ammo clips - gel rounds, as usual - and pulling the APDS clips from her duster pockets. She doesn't like them much — but chances are that if and when it comes down to shooting, she'll need the killing power, and there may not be /time/ to swap clips on the fly. Still…

She sighs, then decides to compromise and loads APDS into one gun, gel in the other.

Kass works quietly on her own notes, Ally leans against her arm sleeping peacefully, curled under the blanket Kass has provided for her, both arms looped possessively around Kassandra's right. Good thing she is a lefty. She nods quietly to Sam and remarks, "Yes sir, that it is. I think we have a good plan, one that will give us the maximum potential for success with minimum injury."

Johny nods to Kassandra. "Breach and Snatch." He says, closing his eyes again. "So long as no one falls overboard, we should be okay. Someone goes in the water.. we're all dead."

"Well, I worry about the storm, really, and the random elements. We've got Fadil's people running around, we have whatever security the trid star has, any other VIPS, sea monsters, spirits, random pirates …" Kass trails off, shaking her head.

Johny thinks that over. "I wonder who he's sending." He glances to Kassandra. "Any idea who he may send on a mission like this? I get a name, I can start a track. I Start a track, I can foul them up."

Kass blinks and shakes her head, eyes flicking to the sleeping form of Ally next to her. "No. I've .. not had any contact with him in years. I could speculate, but that is all it would be and might throw off what you find. I can tell you that he is overly fond of 'ninja' types, stealthy killers in the night. He favors poisons as well, but .. that wouldn't really be an option in this. That said, don't stay near anyone of his you kill, you are likely to get ill." She considers, then shrugs, "He will have at least one magician working for him directly, maybe more. They will be .. damaged." Her eyes darken at that, a frown on her lips.

Janie winces at the implication. "Any idea how he keeps them in line?"

Johny nods to the woman, thinking that over… "I see. Let me make some calls. This could get… odd." he stands up, removing his jacket and draping it over the Corinthian leather seat of the jet as he moves to his backpack. Inside the backpack, in an armored briefcase looking device. One cable comes from it, this he plugs in to his datajack. "Lets reach out and touch someone."

Kass sits still a long moment, eyes going again to Ally next to her. She lets out a breath and says, "I can only tell you what I know from long ago, what was talked about. If it is true, I can only surmise with what Aladriel has taught me."

"He was fond of taking children when they are young and .. bonding them to him, you might say. Emotionally, physically, so forth. He .. with the Awakened children, those he didn't sell off to interested buyers, he kept drugged, he invested in BTLS and other forms of manipulation. There are others interested in .. some of the vices he dealt in. Those magicians would come to work for him for whatever they could get from him."

"There are tales that some of the mages dealt in things that I know as Blood Magic now, or stealing life, or whatever they called it. They were said to steal souls, drain blood, all the things people in the West attribute to Vampires."

Johny looks down and away. He should have dealt with this so much sooner; fucking loose ends, they always come back around to catch your feet and trip you up. His own words, come back to haunt him. "Pilot, I am making a satellite linkup. Please keep us above 45,000 feet."

The pilot gives his OK, setting the controls to alert him if they get close to that level.

Johny explains to the others then… "Less interference from normal radio traffic. It bounces off the stratosphere."

Kass nods, moving her left hand to brush hair from Ally's face, then to reach up and kill some of the lights above the mage's seat as well as her own. With all the light on the plane it is almost *too* bright for Kassandra. She glances to Sam, raising an eyebrow but letting him make his call in peace.

Johny sits back down, feeling the plane level off… and enters the matrix via satellite link. Perhaps, when transferring ones entire consciousness in to the matrix, one wants a solid, good link back to ones body.

Don Innocenti

«OOC» Johny says, "Calling a contact, I need a friend of a friend."
«OOC» Johny says, "Don Innocenti. He's still on my sheet so I assume he's not officially dead."
«OOC» Johny says, "Don innocenti is Sicilian in birth and raising, and may know someone who can get me the information I need."

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Etiquette + 2 (Contact level) vs TN 4:
1 3 4 4 5 5 9 = 5 Successes

Janie winces at Kass' explanation.

The line will change hands several times before you are eventually given to Don Innocenti. Even with his private number, there are many hands that will touch the phone to get it to where he is currently, entertaining on the back patio of his spacious home.

"My don." Says Sam, his voice quiet, respectful, but not cowering. "Do you have a moment to speak to an old friend?"

There is a moment of silence on his end, although only of speech. The sound of chairs moving and footsteps follow your words before the Don speaks, "For you, my friend, I have time. You are well?" The sound of footsteps fade in the background, no murmurs or sounds of irritation about being displaced for the phone.

"I am well. I am currently over the Atlantic. Some businesses.. are too costly to be in. You told me this once, and I have always respected your council. One of those businesses is the… business of young women who wish not to be in that business. There is a man in Istanbul called Fadil. I know it is beyond your scope of activity since you came to Denver, but… I am hoping perhaps, you in your way, know someone who does not like this man, but knows a good deal about those who he employs. When he employees men like me. I need to know whom I might meet in the field, my friend as I move against him. Can you help me?"

Johny notes this is entirely a matrix call, for the specific reason of not triggering or stressing Kassandra or Ally even further.

The sound of a match raking across brick can be heard over the line, the sear of a good cigar. The Don is quiet for several moments, "I have heard this name you speak, this Fadil Azad. While his business is far from Denver, his name carries teeth even in these mountains. You remember my words well, his business is not one that I can condone. He is molto cattivo, my friend, a very bad man." He considers quietly a moment, the sound of his cigar the only sound.

"I know of someone who might be of more help to you. I cannot but give you his number and a contact phrase, my friend, and he will have to determine if he can help you. There is a man named Ammar in Syria, he would know more recent information for you."

"You do me honor, my friend, and I am thankful for your understanding. When I return to Denver, I will pay a call to make proper, honest thanks more than I can give while in transit."

A secondary connection feeds the information to you, a computer scrawl indicating the contact data. "I look forward to that, my friend, and hope that this unhappy business is finished soon so that we can sit in front of the fire and talk of the good times past and still to come."

The Don says, "I shall pass that along to them. La pace sia con voi." The line will cut off.

Johny cuts the call off, then extracts himself from the matrix. He comes back awake, looking back to Kassandra. "Ammar, Syria. Got any bells on that name?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence + 3 (ME) vs TN 10:
1 1 1 2 2 4 4 4 4 9 11 = 1 Success

Kass closes her eyes a moment, forehead furrowed. Her eyes move rapidly behind the lids as if reading off some sort of document, "mmmmmm Yes!" She opens her eyes and remarks, "Samin Ammar, Syrian, goes by the street handle Scimitar. He is a smuggler, a thief, and a liar. Or, what we in Denver call a fixer." She chuckles and shakes her head, "I haven't dealt with him myself, but I know people who have. He deals primarily in importing Western conveniences, weapons, electronics, that sort of thing. Luxury items."

Johny nods. "Don Innocenti is referring me to him, for the information I need. I trust the don implicitly, so that says a lot for me. He is some sort of rival to Fadil and will have information on the teams he employs. Do you have any insights as to his habits or peccadilloes that may be of interest to me before I call him?"

Janie leans back, listening to the conversation but not commenting; this isn't her field of expertise - yet, at least - so her best course of action is to pay close attention and hope to learn some things.

Fieldwork comes down to 4 simple words. Think on your feet.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence + 3 (ME) vs TN 8:
1 1 1 2 2 4 4 5 5 8 11 = 2 Successes

"Ammar is .." Kass hmms, eyes working, left hand tapping on the arm rest, just enough to fidget but not enough to wake Ally leaning on her, "Ammar is likely dealing with some of the Don's people, he controls a lot of the shipping on that side of Arabia, in and around .. well, no matter, you know what I mean. He is always the bridesmaid, never the bride, Sam." She blanks at that for a moment and corrects herself.

"He is always second or third string, but wants badly to be the top dog, and Fadil never lets him forget just who is in charge. He nips at the man's ankles but doesn't dare cross him for fear of finding out just what power really is. You can trust him as far as you can throw him, and about that far. He will be easy to manipulate through flattery, offers of power, or of things he wants. He'll probably try to sell you out too if you anger him."

Ammar

"So he wouldn't mind if Fadil's business suddenly took a turn f'r th'worse, especially if th'downturn couldn't be traced back t'him?" Janie murmurs.

Johny nods to Kassandra. "Good information. Thank you, Kassandra. Janie, lose the shirt, Kassandra, give her a few tips on looking servile before I come back out." He says, moving to the back of the plane. He carefully dresses now, taking a moment to put on his armor. The fine Italian suit. The cravat. The coiffed hair and the dusky skin. The one day stubble that is a mark of Fashion in Europe at the moment. He returns to the front of the plane a few minutes later, looking like Armando.

He sets up the video-phones camera to show him in a relaxed, leg-over-a-knee position as he sits at one of the planes relaxing recliners.

"Fortune passes everywhere." Kass remarks, nodding. "If he can benefit from Fadil's losses, he would hold a party. There are those across the entire region who will throw epic parties at his losses."

«Plot» Kassandra says, “The BG here is 0 on the plane.”

The shirt isn't the problem - the Second Skin body armor underneath is. Janie slips into the restroom to change out of it, then ponders for a moment before shrugging. She never liked that particular shirt much anyway…

Kass liberates her arm from Ally and wrings some life into it, fussing with setting the girl back up comfortably before moving to help Janie, glancing to Armando when he comes back. "You have a plan?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 6 for "Fashion spell, force 2, cast on my non-armor clothing.":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 6 for "Fashion spell, force 2, cast on my non-armor clothing. (KP 1/36)":
1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 10 22 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "L drain.":
2 2 2 2 3 4 8 8 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 6 for "F2 Makeover spell, looking as good as possible.":
1 2 3 4 4 4 7 7 7 7 7 13 16 32 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "Soaking M drain.":
2 3 4 4 4 4 5 10 = 8 Successes

Johny nods. "This is the character I used in Baghdad. It is the one most given to flattery… and if this man is any good, he knows the name by now. Perhaps a rough description. He also knows what I did to Fadil's men. Janie is window dressing."

Considering that, Kass nods quietly. "Servant or product sample," she asks, indicating Janie.

"Both."

Janie emerges a short time after dressed in what appears to be very fine layers of filigree chain hanging down from her shoulders which cover /just/ enough to give tantalizing hints of what's being concealed as she moves demurely over to kneel beside Johny's chair, eyes downcast.

The elven girl considers Janie's outfit and manner, nodding. Kass says quietly, "S .. Armando, how trained is she supposed to be? New or broken?" Kass's right hand is balled into a tight fist, but her voice is carefully neutral, falling into the controlled harmonics of Silk.

Johny exhales, thinking that over. "She should be a show piece. Armando would not take any but the best for himself. She will not be on camera long, simply long enough to create the illusion and let the mans mind fill in the rest, with that nugget of truth."

Janie ponders that for a moment, then heads out of the cabin, returning shortly afterward with a serving tray and a champagne glass on top of it.

Johny then offers. "I do apologize for this, Ms. Blaire."

"So ka." Kass hunkers down next to Janie, "You probably know all this, so feel free to tell me to take a walk. I suggest that no matter what is said about you, do not react, not even to blink. Ammar is likely be what would be considered very uncomplimentary about you in general, and may remark on some of your more salient features if he is drunk enough." She sighs, "At least it is just on camera." Silk rises and looks at Armando, "If all she has to do is sit there, then that should be enough. Just don't make her have to move or do more than pour a drink."

Janie nods briefly. "I'll deal. Let's just get this over with," she murmurs.

Johny nods, thinking that over. He settles back in the seat… One hand brings out a cigarette holder, then a cigarette. He fits the holder to butt, then lights. A glass of wine is poured and then sloshed about the glass. He rumples his jacket a bit, adding bits of reality, a bit of grain to the film. He sips the wine, feeling it in his mouth. Becoming Armando de Villinova de la Garza De Castro, Marquis of the Royal Court of Spain.

He then gestures Kassandra back, out of the camera.

Kassandra removes herself from anywhere near the camera, sinking back into a seat near Ally, but not next to her. She glances at her right palm a moment then back to Armando.

The Call

Johny mentally opens the call.

Even through the link you feel dirty as the camera opens on the comm call, a place that even seasoned Warrens dwellers would reconsider going into. A face fills the screen, greeting you in Arabic, "What do you want?" The face is bearded, male, and missing many of its teeth. There is activity elsewhere in the room, and a great deal of noise.

Janie kneels beside the Marquis, a pretty little thing of supine grace and demure submission, eyes downcast as she holds up the tray that carries his wine glass. It's almost uncanny — until you remember who her roommate is, and who May likely practices her routines with.

It's an act of will on the part of the character of Armando not to sneer at the baseness of it. "When two friends meet in Verona, they know each other by the quality of their character." He says, using the phrase supplied by the Don. "I seek the one called Samin Ammar. I am told this man, Samin Ammar, is a man of great power and knowledge." After speaking, he reaches for his wine glass, taking a sip and letting the glass dangle in his finger tips.

The man looks baffled at the conversation, turning around, "Ammar! Someone from Verona is calling for you!" There is jabbering in the background, too far away and in a strange dialect before the man at the camera respond, "How should I know you son of a dog! Come see for yourself!"

The man moves aside and a less dirty, less ugly man fills the camera now before pulling back and looking curiously at the screen. His visage is scarred across the left eye, giving that lid a droopy look. His beard is neatly trimmed and clean, and the teeth that gleam when he smiles are far too white to be real. "Verona, you say? I am Samin Ammar. To what do I owe the pleasure of this call?"

Now, Armando allows a bit of a smile, sipping his wine again. Never start speaking immediately. Let them want it, let their curiosity build. He sets the glass aside then, on Janie's tray. "I… am called Armando de Villinova de la Garza De Castro. I am told that you are a man of… great knowledge and ability." He shifts then, only slightly. One hand comes up to brush an errant hair back from his features. "You owe the pleasure of this conversation, to your reputation. Your name is in the mouths of great men, and it has teeth."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 for "Test":
2 3 4 7 9

Ammar straightens at the praise of his reputation, waving a hand behind him for silence. When that isn't heeded he kills the sound on the call and turns to say something, waving a hand a bit more animatedly now. The sound returns and there is much less noise on his side of the screen.

"I am pleased that my name has found your ears, .." he pauses then, not quite clear which name to use. He steps over that quickly, remarking, "What business might we have together?" He looks at you closely through the link, reaching a hand to manipulate controls.

Johny does not flinch or otherwise puff up, does not try to put anything in particular on display; that was done before the call was made. Everything Ammar sees is organic to the picture presented. "Information." He answers then, letting his hands come to steeple gently in front of his chest. "There is a man, who dwells in the city of the ancient empire of Constantine. A worthy man in his circles, but one who has earned my ire. I wish to know of those who he calls upon when he has… special needs. And by special needs, I mean… work that he must ensure gets done without hesitation, delay, or risk of failure. Good help is so hard to find, and I require your generous help… in finding his."

Ammar considers you words, peering closely at you. He ahhs, nodding his head and murmuring something to his companions, his head turned from you, voice low. He turns back, eyes cunning as he thinks on your words, "I know the one you speak of. I may know some information of value to you, but .. how do I know that your ire .. or his .. will not fall on my head. I am generous, but I am not willing to lose my own head, my friend."

His 'my friend' is far less sincere than that of the Don.

"Of course, of course." Says Armando then, waving that off as though it were impossible. "I understand your concern. The Constantinian is not a man to cross lightly. I understand your worry. I would make it.. advantageous to you, perhaps, to provide the information I seek. I am sure that the events that unfolded in Baghdad some two months back have been advantageous to you, non?" He smiles slightly, saying nothing and yet, conveying everything.

Johny lets his hand stray to Janie's platter then, taking his glass back and sipping, while listening to Ammar's response.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 for "Mystery":
2 4 4 4 5

He chews on that a moment, weighing your words. A full minute passes before he speaks, finally nodding his head. "Information costs me nothing to give you my friend, and so I will pass along what I would tell my own. There are those that F .. that he sends out for things of this nature. Some of have been looking for you, my friend, oh yes. They are the sort of things you might hear nightmare stories about. Names .. names are meaningless, however, because a name is just a puff of smoke over the dunes. I can tell you what to look for, however."

He waves his people off, speaking softer now. "There will be a man, ha! a man they say, a djinn says I. He moves faster than the winds and his hands cut like knives. There is another, said to be made of the sands. He can be anywhere, anyone. There are others, simply soldiers but augmented with toys from the West. Stronger, faster, they are his legions. And if you are very unlucky, my friend, he will have Shaitan himself after you." He swallows, and it is clear that even he fears whoever this is.

Johny smiles slightly. "I am a hard man to find, when I wish not to be found. I am sure for me, he looks. I would look for me, too." He sips the wine again. "But then, I know where I am." He laughs then, as if making a great joke. "You are as good as the tongues of your rivals say, My friend, and I am pleased to make your acquaintanceship." he sets the glass down on Janie's platter again, one hand straying to ruffle over the line of her hair, not so much as to reveal her face clearly, but enough to treat her as part of the furniture. "I find myself requiring more specific information. These men, they are on the move now… for a target I desire. I will have that one first, but I like to -ensure- such things. I leave nothing to chance that I can avoid. I wonder, do you possess information on their traveling identities, what vehicle or what their usual operating standards are?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 for "Mystery":
1 3 5 7 11

Janie remains motionless, neither flinching away from the casual caress nor leaning into it, eyes still downcast.

Ammar's eyes travel to the platter and woman holding it. He wets his lips and then looks away, murmuring to himself. "I .. may know some of that information, my friend, but you must understand. I know some things and he knows that I know. I cannot just tell you, certainly not on this line. It will get back to him and then these demons will come for me."

Johny mmms quietly… "I do understand your predicament. It is a vexing one… You have what I need, and our relationship is so fresh…" He sets the glass back down on Janie's platter, snapping his fingers and pointing off camera in an off handed fashion, as though ordering a dog about, telling Janie to move off camera. "Leave us." He murmurs in high Castillian. Even if Janie does not speak it, his intention is clear.

Janie rises gracefully to her feet without looking up from the floor, then scurries away.

Ammar watches the exchange, waiting quietly to see the man's intentions.

Johny waits for a moment, then shifts.. he looks back to the Camera. "I am going to give you… a number. Do not bother trying to trace it, I assure you, it will take you longer than the time I will allow for the call back… but if you have a secure line that you would feel more -comfortable- calling me on… you may call me on that number. It is a private.. very secure line. I pay very well for my security, which is why the Constininian has been so unable to locate me. Are you willing to do this?"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 for "Mystery":
2 3 3 5 11

Ammar considers again, but only for a moment. "Yes, I will do this." He looks behind him at the mostly empty room, murmuring, "You should hurry." He looks almost panicked.

Johny transmits the number to a secondary phone line registered in Indonesia that bounces across more goddamn satellites than can be counted, before routing through a phalanx of agents with Camo that redirect the data trail at several points. A decker would take at least a minute to do all the host travel and by the time they got to the fourth agent… the first one would have failed to report in.

Once he has the number, Ammar will disconnect rapidly.

Johny exhales for the moment he has. "Janie, I am so goddamn sorry, but you did exactly what I needed." He says when he confirms the call is disconnected.

Kass continues to watch the exchange, only seeing Johny's side of it but hearing the rest (assuming it was aloud. Otherwise she can only see Johny.) She says nothing, absently toying with the ring on her right hand, her left missing its usual adornment of her engagement ring.

Janie manages a wan smile. "If this gets us info or resources that'll improve our chance o'pullin' this off without anyone gettin' killed, I'll count it as worth it," she replies, then heads back into the restroom to change and put her armor back on.

«OOC» Johny says, "It was aloud, yes."

The number you gave will ring 46 seconds later.

Johny opens the line. "My friend." Says Armando…

Ammar speaks quickly as the line connects, "I have little time, my friend, so listen carefully. I am bouncing a file out to you with the information you wanted. It will not be as much as you want, but it is what I have. Be aware that he has many, many agents in this area, even as he has men watching me. And now I will go and deal with my demons, as you deal with yours. Spit in his eye for me, my friend, and we are even." The line disconnects.

A secondary file is requesting to be uploaded.

Johny sits forward. "Oh. I shall." He says quietly. The file is bounced to a secondary email address where a pair of agents will devour it for worms, trackers and all that fun stuff that Ammar may be trying to pull. "Innishallah, my friend."

The file only has one tracker (I mean, a guy has gotta try, right?) but is otherwise clean.

The tracker will be purged, then the file forwarded to Sam's pocsec. "Ammar!" Says Armando then. "A tracker. You sly dog. I take no offense. Meet your demons, and if you stand when you are done.. You will see great rewards for your trust in me. I will… leave you to your time now."

The File

The file, when gazed upon, will contain the traveling information for 12 individuals, including itineraries from Istanbul to Abu Dhabi. The information isn't complete, it looks like a partially decrypted and defragged file, but it contains enough to give you approximate builds on the people, assuming any of it is true. They are scheduled to land in approximately 14 hours.

The other information in the file is a break down that looks like it is done by a street decker who watches too many trids, giving approximate ideas on their various abilities and skills.

This file will be forwarded to Aviem Sella.

The Gangplank

The plane has refueled on the Eastern Seaboard and is once again roaring through the air towards the Sandbox, as Johny likes to call it. The party has found some of the plans of their foes and have taken steps to defeat them with a swift call to a Mossad agent.

Janie is resting right now, Aladriel as well. Kassandra is currently sitting on the floor in the back stretching out, looking down the plane at Samuel and Lilith wherever they are.

Lilith is curled up in her seat, still sleeping…there's a bit of turbulence, a light jolt, and she murmurs vaguely, nonsensically, and then with a half quiet shout blinks and mumbles herself awake. She stares around a bit, then nonchalantly gives a cat like stretch in her seat. "Err. Mmf. How have things progressed?"

Samuel is in now settled in to a chair, his jacket draped across his lap. He spent a good half hour in the bathroom, removing Armando's face. "You slept through the exciting bits." He grumbles, his eyes closed. He's done the hard work; now the interminable waiting and lack of fresh intel. Oh, he could probably deck the ship, find its security server… but that would be too easy.

Kass has been relatively quiet since the Armando adventure; she'll speak if spoken to, but otherwise was alone with her own thoughts. As Lilith wakens and speaks, she'll chuckle faintly, "Still flying towards our destiny. Samuel made some progress on the intel and took some steps, other than that, we still have to go on an exciting boat ride."

Lilith smiles a little at the man, raising her arms above her head and bending from side to side to work the kinks out. "That's good…sorry I wasn't around." She slides from her seat and squats on the floor, doing some leg stretches. "Fell asleep contemplating what to bring with…things looking any better for the extraction, then?"

"Things look." Says Sam, enigmatically. "When we get closer, I'll have Hitomi head in to the ship servers from Denver… then start running down security logs to find the last known location of our principle. We'll want to breach the room a few minutes after they get back in to it; Long enough for them to feel comfortable, let their guards down. After all… it's a ship. Only so many ways someone can come in… and no one expects someone to blow a hole in the side of the goddamn boat, you know?"

"Well, we would expect it, but we are paranoid and crazy." Kass chuckles darkly. "With luck, we can just skate up and find out what is going on, grab the guy and leave. I am not looking forward to a long trip on a cigarette in a typhoon."

Lilith simply nods, sliding down into a lotus position and reaching behind her to get out her roll pack. "I was wondering, if they're any good they won't let their guards down." She nods to Kass, flipping open the pack. "I should feel more nervous. That typhoon is going to be a bugger."

"Having a helo hover would be less desirable." Says Sam, not opening his eyes. "I'm taking time when this mission is over. Fair warning."

Kass looks at Sam for several long moments, not addressing that. After a moment she nods, "First things first, we do the op and get back home. Away from here." She frowns darkly and shakes her head. "Far away from here. I'm starting to take a mild dislike to this side of the world."

Lilith nods, getting out the kusarigama again and contemplating the bladed end. "Fair enough. There's terror and excitement in far off locales, and then there's the comfort of one's own bed and a hot bath."

Johny doesn't check his guns; he doesn't check his armor, there's no 'getting ready montage' for Sam. Time for that on the three hour boat ride through choppy seas. Instead, he just lets his breathing fall in to a long, steady rhythm.

Kass simply goes through the stretching routine, getting her body warmed up from the light nap she took. The are an hour or so from landing at this point and she needs to be awake and ready to roll once they touch down. The elf rises and heads into the little galley, coming back with some of the food and juice she brought from home. She'll settle back down and eat a little something, finally speaking. "I think .. time off is a good thing. Maybe .. maybe once this is over we all should, get our bearings, relax some. We've been jumping around the world so much …" She trails off, shaking her head.

Lilith sighs a bit, puts her things away again. "Aye…" She follows Kass's example and goes through a few more stretches, gives a soft, slightly ironic laugh. "Maybe some more jumping for me. Might go back to London for the spring."

"I'm tired." Says Samuel then. "To much killing. To much work. To many acceptable loss ratios, too many ethical and moral compromises for the good the mission. To many plans, to many pawns, to many wheels within wheels." He still doesn't open his eyes, doesn't acknowledge the world around him.

Kass murmurs, trying to lighten the tone a bit, "Well, after some seven hundred years of working straight, you do deserve a break that lasts longer than a week." She sighs and nods, "I wouldn't mind a break from all this myself. I'd love not to get calls in the middle of the night except from the pizza place telling me they found my purse."

Johny nods. "One thing to be said for the Black Death." He offers darkly… "It lowered property values considerably."

Lilith watches him quietly for a moment. She doesn't say anything, but nods…not that he can see, and then curls up in a lotus position again. She half closes her eyes and takes a moment to breathe. "And caused an economic rebirth, oddly enough." She tilts her head to Kass and smiles a little. "If it wasn't more plane jumping, I'd ask if you maybe would like to come to England at some point. Devonshire's not so bad once the sun shines again."

"Yeah. Both days of summer." Answers Sam, eyes still closed, feet crossed over each other, propped on the opposite seat, jacket draped across his chest.

Lilith takes a moment while he's not looking to stick her tongue out. A brief moment of lightness, if nothing else.

"That sounds nice, but I'd really just rather be at the house, or off .. wherever Ally decides she wants to go. For us, a vacation is playing on the deck or going to the park or seeing the mountains. Don't have to even leave the city hardly to do that, let alone the country." Kass shakes her head.

Lilith nods. "I understand. Didn't think it'd hurt to offer." She smiles faintly and just continues to breathe.

Johny remains silent unless engaged, but is not unresponsive or cold. Just tired. Just tired of being the bad guy.

The plane starts banking now, heading out of the clouds and towards land, towards the location Samuel has provided where his contact has set you up the boat that will take you out to the ship. If there was a stewardess, she'd be collecting drink bottle and telling you to stop your cellphoning.

Kass rises and heads to sit back next to Ally, waking the mage gently and offering food and drink to her, getting her ready to land and be aware.

Lilith eyes flicker open, sensing the shift in direction. She gets to her feet, giving Ally a wave and another smile, and heads to the bathroom to change into more suitable work gear.

45 thousand feet with a rate of decent of 3000 feet of minute. He's got 15 minutes before he has to move. And so he doesn't.

Lilith offers a few choice curses, albeit softly, within the confines of the bathroom as she struggles around her armour and gets everything attached or deattached or put on.

Kass and Ally take turns going to the bathroom, getting ready, and in general setting up to hit the ground running. Somewhere along the way, Kass will wake up Janie quietly and alert her to what is going on.

Fifteen minutes goes by FAST! The plane hits the deck in an out of the way 'secret' base used by some of Sam's friends on both sides of the pond. The base, as you can see out the window, is little more than an airstrip and some cunning indentation in the sand where there are likely buildings hidden. Touching the sea, it provides ready access to your target.

The weather is bad going on shitty when you start to land. The rain here is minimal, but black clouds and winds promise that it is only going to get worse.

Blackops. This is the heart and soul of any intelligence agency. This is why they exist; all data is collected, then analyzed, for the intention of action. Action undertaken by secret teams just like this one. Extractions, intrusions, assassinations. Those are the three jobs of any black ops organization. Everything boils in to 'getting something out', 'putting something in' or 'killing someone'. 40 seconds before the plane touches down, Sam comes to his feet, alert, aware, fully functional. One hand reaches for his jacket, sliding it over his shoulders and checking the catch and release of his pistols. He reaches in to his backpack, pulling out a simple balaclava and sliding it over his features. He tosses one to each member of the team. "Don't make this any easier for the Mossad."

Lilith nods, catching the mask as she slips out of the bathroom in her full suit, soft shoes with suitable traction, weapons in place. Her lower face is covered by silk already, but she unwraps it and puts the warmer and more covering balaclava on instead. "Thank you."

The girls are armoured and ready, what items they don't need immediately stored in waterproof diddy bags and backpacks. Kass snatches both masks out of the air and hands one to Ally with a smile, the cinnamon-haired mage starting to protest. The girls talk quickly and don the masks, hiding features and hair, their heavier armour disguised with robes provided for just this contingency.

Johny rolls the balaclava over his features, then moves to the rear of the plane. "Do not disembark for at least five minutes. Captain, do not power down the engines for at least three minutes and 45 seconds. Once we disembark, turn the plane around, take off and head to Java. You will spend the next 3 days flying around the world to just about anywhere you want to go. Your job is to keep these people guessing as to where the FUCK you are going. Do you understand this?"

Lilith quietly slides some black gloves over her hands, flexes them, and waits.

The captain looks to Johny and then remembers the briefing he had when they put him on this flight: This man is God to you, you do what he says, when he says. The captain nods and prepares to do what he is told.

Kass and Ally do a last minute check on each other, making sure the other's gear is secured and strapped down right. They look like they have actually practiced this, moving with a maximum of precision and a minimum of playing.

Janie gets herself ready, looking questioningly at Sam's instructions.

Johny nods to the Captain. "Very good. Take a vacation, get some Hawaiian hookers, enjoy yourselves." He addresses the copilot in that as well, sliding in to his combat armor now. Swords slide in to sheaths across the back, pistols in various holsters, knives in the right places. He dresses in a rapid, alacric format that is efficient in form and function. No extra movements, no wasted energy. At 3 minutes and 30 seconds, he finishes dressing, settling his helmet in to place. The armor cycles through various color schemes, before stopping on matte black with a line of red Japanese Kanji down each arm. What does it mean? It's a passage from the Art of War as translated to Japanese. Let the Mossad chew on that for a while.

He looks over to Kassandra and Ally, offering a firm nod.

Commlink-(Geist): Lets move.
Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Aye aye"
Commlink-«Silk» Check
«Phoenix» Aladriel says, "Alright."

Johny holds up a hand. "Kill the engines." He says, waiting for the whine to die away.

"Kill in interior lights."

Moments pass in silence and darkness, letting eyes accommodate to the lower level of lighting. "They will have lights, spotlights, pointed at the door that will come on just after we disembark. It's a standard kick to the nuts. A sort of tradition. A sign of who's field your playing in. Don't flinch. Don't raise a hand. Don't look away."

Then, at 4:55… "Lower the door."

The door lowers right on cue, letting in the smell of sand and fresh air, the promise of the storm and other natural smells.

On the Ground

Lilith raises her head just a little, catches the scents, stands and readies to move.

Johny steps out of the plane, one step taken at a time. His backpack is situated perfectly, held without issue on his posture. Each step is taken with purpose, waiting until he gets to the ground to look around, one purposeful sweep of the field to each direction.

Johny was correct, you are greeted with spotlights as soon as Sam's feet hit the deck.

Ally and Kass are right behind the man, hands at their side. They move together with the same purpose, strides compensating for the other. They aren't touching, they aren't giving anything away; instead, they trail down after their boss and look around carefully.

Lilith follows on light feet, lightly equipped, flicking her eyes up and out and to the side but keeping her attention on the walk down. She then moves quietly to the side of Johny, only blinking a little in the sudden glare.

Janie is the last down, keeping her hands in sight and not reacting to the light with anything other than continued movement.

Johny steps forward, away from the plane, waiting for the others to join him. After Sam makes beyond the wing span, the engines spool back up. It has plenty of fuel aboard to make it anywhere in a thousand mile radius, which is pretty goddamn large area. The hope is that the plane will make it away before any trackers can be placed on it, but frankly, its the Mossad. They will track what they want to track. The plane turns around, aligning itself with the airstrip to take off again.

Commlink-(Geist): Agent Sella.
Commlink-(Agent Sella): Mnemonic.
Commlink-(Geist): You do not disappoint.

Johny holds up one hand, a chip held in his fingers. He holds his other hand down, indicating the others should wait here. Clear, in the open, where they can be seen without being seen for who they are. He steps forward.

Lilith stays put, standing just behind and beside Ally and Kass. Don't speak, don't react, just breathe. Watch. She moves her head slightly, letting her eyes slip back and forth, hands held slightly away from her body.

Kass stops at the hand gesture, walking alongside Aladriel. She stays still, letting the super spy do his work.

Janie hms and stops as well.

The lights do not dim, but a figure steps forward from past where they are beaming from. The figure stops just at the edge of where the lights start, waiting patiently.

Johny moves forward then, his stride very military. He tries to portray the military special operations man that he was some 30 years ago. A long time ago and four-square of lives distant. "This chip. Will give you the details on a 12 man team that is currently in flight between Istanbul and Abu Dhabi. These are the Costantinian's primary assault force. They are flying on a civilian flight, flight number 302, UEAL, from Ankara to Dubai. These men need to be delayed, either permanently or for a few hours." He offers it forward, then takes it back two inches… "Where is the boat?" His is constantly digitized across the commlines.

The figure, presumably Agent Sella will take the chip with a nod. Her, and with the outfit and lights it is hard to tell really, but probably female, hands it off to another figure that will rush up, the voice coming across the line digitalized as well, "You'll find it at the dock some two hundred meters off the air strip. It is gassed and ready to go."

Aladriel is very still, watching everything with a mild interest. She has to fight the urge to perceive the area. Instead she dedicates herself to what she rarely does: deliberate masking. She's good enough to already be hard to assense. But when she's really putting effort behind it, it's even that much harder.

Commlink-(Geist): Tapestry, Thunderbird, Serpent, Tommy. 200 meters on fourty five degrees. Secure the boat.

Johny remains, face to face with the other agent, waiting until the others report in.

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Hai"

Kass stays quiet watching the area. At Geist's comm to the team she'll orient herself and nudge Ally, starting that direction. She tries to pay as little attention to what is going on around them while still paying attention.

Janie moves and follows the others.

Commlink-«Silk» One click is the only comment Tapestry makes.

I'm on a boat!

Lilith moves quickly after the others, heading to the boat, keeping her eyes peeled for trouble.

Ally waits a half-second before she turns and goes with the rest of the team to follow off towards the boat. She doesn't look behind her, though she is sorely tempted to do so. But her focus goes forward, wary of any traps or the like set for them en route to the boat.

Agent Sella watches the little parade away from the air strip without comment, the lights still blindingly illuminating the area. Overhead, thunder rumbles ominously, a bolt of lightning flicking in the sky some distance away.

Johny waits as impassive as a statue staring at the Sella-possibility. The intention is clear; if the boat is not up to specs, if there's a betrayal of some sort… at least one person will be in direct danger.

Down at the docks, Kass looks over the boat which is right where it is supposed to be. She visually inspects it and looks questioningly at Ally, then hops aboard, checking it out quickly and quietly.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence:
1 3 3 3 4 4 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Military Equipment + Task Pool: 1:
1 1 2 3 3 5 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "Peering closely.":
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 11
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Intelligence for "Just in case":
1 1 1 3 7

Commlink-«Silk» "Clean."

This is not exactly in Aladriel's expertise. However she does know a thing about electronics and most…bad things would probably have some sort of electronic component. So she looks very carefully over the boat, starting with the places she thinks are the least likely to have something nasty hidden. Cause…wouldn't that what a super-spy like Sam would do? She takes her time, not really having to rush or anything, before she hops into the boat too.

Lilith waits just outside the boat, keeping watch but also turning her eyes to the boat itself, scanning the exterior for any structural problems.

Commlink-(Geist): *Click*

Johny turns then, not saying good buy, not saying thanks, no pleasantries. He just turns on his heel and starts for the docks. The boat is undoubtable bugged all to hell and back; anything said out loud will be picked up and there will be camera's around the boat.

Janie Guns does NOT look over the boat. Rather, she waits patiently and keeps watch for sudden dangers and ambushes, covering the others and waiting on Sam to get there.

Lilith doesn't see anything of great import, then again her eyes aren't tricked out to the nth degree. She makes a soft grunt of confirmation over the comm, but continues to scan the horizon along with Janie till Sam arrives.

Kass doesn't touch the controls and doesn't start the boat. She will, however, dig around the lightweight craft for anything of interest, piddling around until Sam gets there.

Aladriel's done her inspection and since she's on the boat too, she hasn't found anything truly alarming. Otherwise she'd probably have hopped off or dragged Kassandra off too. So she waits, watching Sam approach the boat, ready to do anything to protect him if need be.

The Island of Socotra is a little slice of monsoon soaked hell at the end of the Arabian pennensula, about 100 miles from the mouth of the Red Sea, 30 miles off the coast of what was once Yemen. Now, it's just a pirate port, a no mans land that no one really can exercise sovereignty over. Which is why Sam brought everyone here. It's also, a fantastic logistical point for the job being done.

Sam comes over the ride, silhouetted from the back to look like nothing so much as a pissed off armor wearing ninja as he steps on to the dock. "Move out. The boat has ears and eyes. Remember this."

Lilith just nods and clambers into the boat with the other women as soon as he appears.

Kass looks at everyone else and mutters under her breath. Well, how hard can it really be, right? She moves in front of the controls and beckons Ally to take a seat and strap in before turning the craft on. Hands over the controls, she starts familiarizing herself with the craft and waiting for them all to get aboard. She motions towards the rope holding them to the dock.

Ally's looking very much like she wants to be useful, but not knowing quite how to be, she goes where directed by her Kassie. She plops down and straps herself in securely before she looks to the elf.

Johny nods then to Silk as she has the controls, one hand moving along the boats surfaces, checking for recent work.

Commlink-(Geist): Operational Language is English. Tommy, Serpent, cast off the lines. Tapestry, look us over in the Astral, Thunderbird, take the controls.

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Aye"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Reaction vs TN 8 for "Please dont let us crash in front of Mossad":
1 1 1 2 4 4 4 5 10 15 = 2 Successes

Since she's sitting down already, it's not really obvious that Aladriel is confused. Her head barely tilts. She thinks for a moment, trying to figure out if she got the secret codewords mixed up. Nope. Oh! Clever! She opens herself to the astral and peeks about.

Johny brings up a sub dermal display, revealing it to Kassandra… "JUST GET TO OPEN WATER; WILL TAKE COMMAND"

Kass's hands work over the controls, memorizing the layout. She winks at Ally and engages the engines, pulling out slowly and carefully from the dock before revving up and taking her out with speed. In all actuality it goes pretty well for her first time at the helm. The craft glides smoothly, quietly, the engine tricked out for silent running.

Lilith bobs her head to Kass as she settles back and hangs on, giving the woman an encouraging gesture.

Janie helps Lilith stow the ropes, then finds herself a seat and leans back before shifting her perceptions to the Astral. Not that she doesn't trust Aladriel's abilities, but they're dealing with the Mossad here. Better to be sure.

The storm is building in the distance, but closer in you can actually see the rain pouring down not so far away. Lightning flares every two minutes or less, the roar of thunder evident even over the sound of the waves around you. The ocean is choppy the further out you get, signs that the storm is a big one.

Johny moves around the boat now, using a scanner to go over the vessel with a fine toothed comb. One small device comes out, activating with a blinking red light. Civilian and most military channels go static at that moment.

Johny moves around the boat now, using a scanner to go over the vessel with a fine toothed comb. One small device comes out, activating with a blinking red light. Civilian and most military channels go static at that moment.

«OOC» Johny is going to spend 20 minutes systematically locating and disabling the Mossad's bugs. I Didn't give them a lot of lead time, and they had to have the boat here in time… so I figure it's not as perfect as they would like.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Electronics + 10 (Scanner) + Task Pool: 3 vs TN 6:
1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 13 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Electronics + 10 (Scanner) + Task Pool: 3 - 2 vs TN 6 for " KP 1/47":
1 1 1 1 1 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 8 9 = 3 Successes

Johny's systematic search of the boat will reveal three bugs. One, a microrecorder, is just under the helm controls. A small AOD transmitter is at the bow of the boat, and another AOD is located just in the doorjamb of the little cabin. Both AODs have been activated.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence for "Astrally Perceiving":
1 1 1 1 1 1 3 3 3 17

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence for "Astral perception.":
1 1 1 4 5 5

You paged (Janie, Aladriel) with 'Astrally, the boat is a null, no active traces or anything else. The storm, however, shows some signs of magical tampering, perhaps by a spirit.'.

Kass doesn't have any cool magical perception powers, so she sticks with driving the boat and trying not to crash or turn it over or whatever you can do with a boat. The elven girl wiggles out of the way when Sam wanders by with the scanner, waving a hand, "I got it, I got it , LIGHTNING!"

Johny holds up one finger to his faceplate where his lips would be. He then bends down underneath her, trying to not look up the line of her thighs as he opens up the control panel. "Smmmmmmmmmmmmmoken."

Lilith grunts with each thump of boat on water, less a conscious noise and more an automatic one. She eyes the storm, shrugs, eyes Sam, and is thankful she's not prone to motion sickness. Still. She holds maybe a little tighter then she needs to. She also bites back a laugh.

"… Huh," Janie murmurs, then keys her comm.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Boat's clear, but th'storm looks like a spirit's already tampered with it…"

Ally hrms thoughtfully as she gazes lazily into the astral plane and sees what there is to see. She hrms, and Janie has already said something about it. So she doesn't repeat it!

Johny glances back to Janie, pressing his fingers to his lips.

Johny continues to work now at the bugs in the boat.

The line of Kass's thigh looks remarkably like a robe covering heavy battle armour. She puts her hands on her hips and waits for him to move out of the way, the boat going forward without much of her help. The craft bounces along the waves, like a bad trideo show set in Florida with two cops.

Lilith tilts her head, hear Janie's words. She eyes the storm again, narrowing her eyes.

«OOC» Johny says, "TN to disable?"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Elec BR 6"

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Electronics B/R + Task Pool: 3 + 3 (Security System Comp) vs TN 4 for "Microtronic Vision":
1 1 1 1 1 1 3 4 4 4 5 5 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Reaction vs TN 12 for "Defaulting for boat, +4 for bad bad situation":
2 2 3 3 3 4 5 9 10 13 = 1 Success

Johny mmms quietly… "Sella Sella Sella. Come on." He says quietly, reaching up and inspecting the recorder. "Don't be so pedestrian. Now, because I think you've got the sweetest ass of any Mossad Agent currently in the field, and yes, I've checked, I'm going to leave your AOD's on line… It's your boat after all.. but this here recorder… I just can't agree with. So, daaaaaaahhhling… we'll chat later."

Snip.

Janie eyes Samuel, then nods.

Lilith snorts under her breath. Incorrigible.

Waving her hands in the air and mewing a bit, Kass leans over Sam and snags the controls as a good sized wave crashes into the cigarette. She works with the controls, throttling down a bit and correcting as they are batted around. The waves are getting worse as, 20 minutes in, you start getting rain and wind. Lovely.

Stormy Seas

Ally watches Sam snip the thing, and once she does she smiles beneath her mask. As waves crash over the boat and buffet it around a little bit, she finds herself laugh. "Row row row your boat," she says verbally…and it'll be a wonder if anyone can really hear her.

Johny comes back up now, exhaling. "Vocals should be clear, but don't get free with any specifics. Save those for comms." He says, gesturing for Kassandra to relax while he takes the controls. He exhales… "Now. Tell me about this storm and the spirits while conjuring up a wind and a water of some sort… to smoothen our ride and hasten it."

Lilith sputters and gasps as she gets drenched, white knuckled on her seat edge as they get battered around. She shrugs, shakes the excess water off her head. "Thank gods for that." She spits out a mouthful of salt water back into the rising waves. "Good job though, Tapestry."

Kass will willingly give up the controls and slide away from the craft, slipping over next to her favorite mermaid, dragging her waterproof gear bag with her. The elf looks to Sam and then Janie and Ally about the storm and spirits.

The boat is catching good waves now and a nice steady downpour.

Lilith looks nothing so much as a drenched cat in that black, clinging suit, holding onto the seat and hunched over against the rain.

«OOC» Janie says, "Okay. First off, a Sea Spirit, F5. I'll order it to Guard our boat and us to keep accidents from occurring. Then a Storm Spirit, same Force, with the order to Conceal us as its first Service."

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for "Centering against Drain…":
3 5 7 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Conjuring + 2 (Athena) vs TN 5 for "Calling a Sea Spirit, F5…":
1 2 4 4 5 5 10 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) vs TN 5 for "Soaking M drain, need three successes to soak fully.":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) - 1 (Successes) vs TN 5 for "KP 2/36":
1 1 1 2 4 4 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) - 2 (Successes) vs TN 5 for "KP 4/36":
1 1 2 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Janie says, "Geez. Anyway, soaked. Posing unless the GM has something to interject."

Concentrating on calling the Spirits when you're on relatively stable ground is a lot easier than doing the same on a rocking boat in the middle of a major storm. Janie closes her eyes briefly, mentally going through opening moves to help find her center, then calls out into the Astral for the spirit of these waters to come and guard them from harm.

Ally was told to tell Sam about the spirits. She's rather contemplative about it. "I think it's a shamanic thing," she shares with the team. "None of my spirits can cause storms. But…hrm. We'll just be a little careful with what we're doing magically. So we don't tip anyone off."

Lilith nods, listening in and raising her voice to account for the noise of the storm. "Elemental magic, yes?"

"It's a big ocean, Ally. Can you summon a water spirit to help us travel smoother?" Asks Sam then, getting familiar with the controls himself. They are much like a cars. Direction, throttle.. no breaks.

Kass suggests, "Maybe it's some of you-know-who's people feeding the storm?" She shrugs a little, holding onto the back of the mage's chair and looking out over the stormy seas before them. She spares a glance to Sam and hmms.

Lilith grunts as she gets drenched by another wave. Fucking water. Oceans suck *ass*. "It would just figure, wouldn't it?"

Johny exhales as he slowly brings the ship back to full power, checking their position vs the -real- position of the boat. "Tapestry, can you set up the relay in my pack? Going to need it to communicate with DomiMatrix while we're jamming the AOD's. How's those spirits coming, people?"

"*Faster*, yes, smoother? Probably most definitely not," Ally suggests with another murmur as she seems…well, oddly subdued considering where they are and what they're doing. "I don't know if it'd even be safe to do. The speed increase would be pretty exponential…."

Kass checks to see if she is Tapestry this time, moving to get the satlink ready. Bouncing around in full armour makes it a fun task, but she'll get to it, staying quiet for the moment.

The rain is steadily increasing, the waves getting worse. A bolt of lightning slams into the water some two hundred meters starboard.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 2 for "mystery":
2 2

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence for "Hmmm…":
1 2 2 2 10 11

You paged Janie with 'It looks to you that the storm *was* natural but has been augmented by a Greater Storm Spirit of at least Force 6 in size, probably larger'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 8 8

You paged Aladriel with 'The storm has definitely been tampered with. You believe that a magical spirit was used to augment and sustain the natural phenomena, something at least Force 5 or better'.
You paged Aladriel with 'and a greater spirit at that'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car vs TN 8 for "+2 for default, +2 for seas":
1 3 5 7 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car vs TN 8 for "+2 for default, +2 for seas KP 2/47":
1 3 4 8 11 = 2 Successes

Janie nods at Johny as the waves in the immediate area around the boat calm visibly, then keys her comm. "One slightly smoother ride, comin' up. I want t'take another look at that storm before I call th'second one. Tapestry, c'n ye back me up on this one? More eyes an' all that…"

Johny settles in at the helm. "Okay. We are 4.97 Kilometers from target. Once we are closer, we will pull in to the ships wake, where it will be a smooth, silent ride. Prepare breaching charges." Says he, connecting to his deck via datajack. The agents are checked on, checked to make sure they are still in place.

Done playing with Sam's satlink, Kass nods and rises, staying low and pulling off the ski mask and placing her helmet over her head, sealing the contraption and murmuring over the comm, "Yes, yes, one moment." The elven girl digs in her sealed pack, prepping the burning charges she has set up for this, and showing Sam a laser cutting tool, pointing at Ally as well, motioning that they each have one.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence + 3 (chemistry) + 3 (military.weap) vs TN 8 for "Prepping the charges":
1 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 8 9 9 17 23 = 5 Successes

Lilith watches with interest, as much as she can in the driving rain. Never hurts to learn what you can

Janie's eyes widen and she murmurs a curse under her breath, then keys her comm again.

"Great form spirit, I'd say," Ally announces after giving it a lot of quiet inspection, replying to Sam's earlier query.

Lilith looks over to the magical folk. "I'm guessing that's a rather bad thing?"

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "All points, Tommy. Storm is natural in origin but enhanced by what looks like a Great Form storm spirit - a big one."

Johny nods, keeping the boat steady and level.

Connecting to Matrix Uplink

CONNECTED

Query: Infiltrator/Status
Validator/Status
Attacker/Status

Lilith murmurs. "Just a somewhat overdone security measure on their part?" She winces at a particularity loud thunderclap and rubs one ear. "Damn storm."

Response comes back from all three Agents, albeit much slower than you might expect, or not, given the electromagnetic interference from the storm. All three relay their information back to Trenchcoat/Sam.

The closer you get to your goal, the worse the storm seems to be getting. Lightning strikes are more common now, perhaps every 45 seconds. The winds are running at about 30 miles per hour (48 kph), sloshing water into the craft.

Commlink-Mustang> "I wouldn't want t'make any assumptions about who called it an' f'r what purpose," Janie replies on the comm. "I'd also prefer not t'have t'tangle with them, but I dunno we'll get that particular wish…"

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Well now."

Johny flips on the extra pumps, making sure the vessel stays boyant. It's really a very lame experience to plow in to a wave and not come out the other side; just ask the big ship called Edmund Fitzgerald. Oh wait. You can't.

Comm: DommeMatrix; Start the security sweep of target. Locate the principle.

Then, as the lights of the ship come in to view over a swell… "Thunderbird. Guns. Seek and locate."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 for "Mystery":
2 2 2 4 4 4 9

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 + 10 vs TN 6 for "Hitomi does miracles.":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 + 10 - 1 vs TN 6 for "Hitomi does miracles, karma reroll":
1 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 8 9 9 11 11 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Conjuring vs TN 4 for "One Watcher spirit, coming up…":
1 1 3 3 5 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Against Drain.":
4 5 5 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma vs TN 4 for "Soaking L drain, need one success.":
1 3 4 4 5 5 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Janie says, "Soaked. It'll last two hours."

Somewhere in the matrix from a place nice and warm and dry, Hitomi zips through the matrix and re assumes her assumed identity on the ship, her cute anime icon changing to a yeoman's outfit. Whistling quietly, the otaku finds the ships manifest and flips through it, data streaming in through her eyes. Other crew members seem to ignore her, moving past while she rifles through things.

Geared up, Kass stores the cutting torch and the charges on her belt, checking the weight of her gear and collecting her pack. She looks questioningly at Aladriel as the mage prepares to go aquesting, staying near her seat.

Lilith eyes the water slapping into the boat and the activities of the others, shrugs, and simply holds herself ready. She peers ahead through the rough and violent turn of water, perhaps looking for obstacles, doing what she can.

Hitomi will report in exactly 12.6598 seconds later via Urgent Flagged Trix mail, "Target is in route to Primary Quarters, estimated time to reach is 180 seconds."

Janie can't project out of her body without help - but she can call up a Watcher spirit to, well, watch Ally's back. She focuses again, then reaches into the Astral to shape a rudimentary form out of pure magical energy, then imbues it with life and will.

Aladriel gives Sam a look in her helmet and she sighs quietly. Watcher spirits for this? Nonsense! Those silly creatures would report back by the time that they were done. So, it's going to leave it to Ally to project. "Okay. Be back…mm, shortly," she tells them, and since she's already in her seat and belted in, she doesn't need to prepare much more. "Don't let a ton of water get in my mouth or anything. I'd hate to die," she reminds. Then she's out of body.

Kass nods to the mage and turns her body away from the water, moving around to protect her from the majority of the waves crashing in. "Be careful," she murmurs before the girl can go, taking a deep breath and counting the seconds.

Lilith divides her attention from the waves for a moment to keep a close eye on Ally, frowning a little as she watches the girl. She then looks back out over the water, keeping an eye on the conditions and the lightning strikes, worrying slightly.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 for "Mystery":
1 2 2 3 4 4 7

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Ally, give me three Astral Perception checks, the first and last at +2 TN"

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6:
2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6 for "KP 1":
1 1 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:
1 1 3 3 4 4 4 5 10 11 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 6:
2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 16 16 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Intelligence:
1 2 4 9 11

You paged Lilith with 'The storm does not seem to be striking in any perceivable order'.

Johny nods, relaying the information to the others. "Port side, 20 feet above the water line. It has its own balcony, so we don't need the breaching charges save to get through the balcony sliding door. The glass will be securittech plastics with nautical grade sealents, but probably not much in terms of a lock. Even if there is, I can bypass it."

Lilith lets out a faint sigh of relieve. Very faint. She didn't think so, but, never hurts to check…counting the strikes, the timing, watching the pattern of hits, it doesn't look like there's any direction or pattern occurring.

Lilith also nods to Sam and speaks quietly over comm.

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Aye aye"

You paged Aladriel with 'Ok, it takes you a moment to get your bearings and get there. Then you see the boat, wreathed in electrical fire from various lightning strikes. It is ok, but you can definitely feel that some storm spirit is behind this! Once inside you can blur through the ship without effort, feeling the various wards on rooms as you blur by. And then .. there he is! Your target is walking down the hallway speaking with other humanoids. Two of the people with him, one male, one female, are magically active. The man is an internal type, probably an adept. the female is definitely a mage, unmasked, with several magical trinkets around Force 3'.

Kass nods to Sam, remarking over her comm, "I can cut through the glass fairly quickly, shouldn't be an issue." She looks to Ally and then back to the water, her helmet speckled with raindrops.

Boarding Action

Johny swings the speedboat to the port side, the micro-ship shuddering as it crosses over a wake-ridge, spray tossing up from either side of the bow. He tries to keep it as close to the ship as possible, under the radar of the sensors and people aboard the boat, looking out the windows.

As Ally lays there pretty unconscious, there's suddenly a weak monkey screech, as Sally appears on Ally's lap, promptly getting wet and looking none too pleased about it. "She says she's found him, with two people with him, mage and adept. They are….walking so she's following. Not in a room."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 vs TN 10 for "Test":
1 3 4 7 7 9 = 0 Successes

Lilith blinks and looks over as the monkey appears, nodding.

Commlink-«Silk» We have two magically active, boss, with the principle.

Johny nods to the spirit. "They are in route to the suite. 120 more seconds and they will be there." He pushes the throttle forward some, slowly moving along the side of the towering cruise ship, wary to the port side for rogue waves.

Commlink-(Geist): Confirmed. Can we identify which is the slinger?

Kass looks to Sally and murmurs softly, "He wants to know if she can tell which is the mage please Sally?"

"A woman," Sally reports dutifully, looking mournfully at her wet paws and furr. She tries to shake herself out to little avail. "She says that she can keep following. Or, if desired, could incapacitate, kill, or maybe influence away the other mage."

Commlink-«Silk» "Boss, it's a female, Thunderbird is asking for orders? Do you want her to engage?"

Lilith looks closely at the little monkey, but doesn't bother asking how Ally could do it. Time and place.

Commlink-(Geist): Absolutely not. Do not engage until we are together and can support. Return to body and prepare for boarding operations.

You paged Aladriel with 'The group continues to move towards their room. There are others with him as well, not magically active but their auras show the same sort of markings that you've come to associate with the cybernetically active'.

Kass shakes her head and reports to Sally, "He says to come back here and we'll go in together."

Astrally, Aladriel is just following them along at a good distance along. Until she gets told to come back. With a sigh, she darts out of the ship and returns to her body.

Janie nods.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "You so shoulda let me take the mage. Woulda been so much easier. I could've even sent her to the pooper or something."

Commlink-Mustang> "We'll need t'take them by surprise if we're t'succeed at this," Janie points out.

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Listen to the bossman, Thunderbird."

Ally's back in her body less than twenty-seconds after Kassandra told Sally to bring Ally back. She blinks her eyes about, her eyes blinking behind her helmet, the helmet serving to hide some of her annoyance. Alas.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Did ye see any wards we'll have t'deal with?"

Commlink-(Geist) Johny says, "Tommy has the right of it. Don't complain. Shock and Awe. Entry will be on Tapestries breaching. I want flashbangs deployed first, remove their ability to see and it negates the mage. Shoot to kill both her and the Adept. The principle must be taken alive."

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Noticed some. Don't know where. Was moving pretty fast and ran into them in the hall. Were a few though. Would make sense if it was the suite."

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "As you would."

Commlink-«Silk» Someone *did* bring flashbangs?

Commlink-(Geist): Of course. Superflash grenades are in the pack. Two per person. Don't use them without warning across the comm.

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Oh, what fun."

The sea swells near the ship, rain pelting down on your boat like little wet bullets. The winds have picked up by several more kilometers per hour, blowing stinging saltwater into the air. The sky is dark, it could be day, it could be night, you could be in a watery hell and it would all be the same. Some distance above you the balcony looms.

LIGHTNING crashes nearby, perhaps twenty meters away. The water itself is charged for a moment, although no danger to you it still looks impressive and six fish lose their lives. The boat sways next to you, the waves and storm enough to even rock this massive vessel. Just imagine what it is doing to you.

Lilith really really tries not to jump in her seat, but she does clap her hands over her ears and lets out one of her usual ripe curses. Thank Eris for a steady stomach, at least.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 for "Mystery":
2 2 2 4 5 5 15

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car vs TN 8 for "Bringing the boat to a stable postiion on the ship and setting autonav":
1 1 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car vs TN 8 for "Bringing the boat to a stable postiion on the ship and setting autonav KP 3/47":
1 2 3 8 14 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 7 + 5 (Power) vs TN 4 (to Kassandra) for "Casting F5 Improved Invis":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 7 7 8 10 = 11 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 3 (to Kassandra) for "Resisting M Drain":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 8 9 9 = 12 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Stealth for "+12. and I'm on a boat.":
1 2 2 3 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Stealth (Sneaking) for "+12. and I'm on a boat. Motherfucker":
1 2 3 4 5 5 7 16
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Stealth for "+4 from Traceless Walk.":
1 2 2 5 5 5 10 17

«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Stealth for "Gorram ruth bull*shit*":
1 3 3 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Stealth for "kp 1/15. Fuck dat noise.":
2 2 4 4 22

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Stealth for "+10":
2 2 3 5 7 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Stealth for "Just to be included":
1 1 3 4

«Plot» Janie says, "Also, commanding the spirit to switch from Guard to Concealment. +5 to all TNs to detect one of us."

Johny gestures the boarding team of lilith, Kass and Ally forward as he sets the boat's nav system. He drops the jammer now, so he can communicate directly with the boats autonav. It's not rigging, but it's a decent way of getting a boat with a decent drone brain or autonav simple instructions like 'stay here' or 'speed up'.

Checking his internal airtanks, he picks up the flash bangs, clipping them to his LBE. He slides forward, one hand drawing a combat blade, the other, free for climbing, punching and such. "ON my mark.." He says, gesturing upwards to the floor. He knows Ally can fly. He knows he can fly. He knows Lilith can fly. He looks to see how Kassandra has arranged to travel for herself.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Okay to go invis now?"

Lilith touches her head in a small salute, nodding to indicate her readiness. For her, she crosses herself and touches the spot where the phoenix feather necklace lies.

Johny nods to Phoenix. "Target will be inside in 20 seconds."

Kass steadies herself and prepares her gear, taking a few quick breaths. She murmurs something to Ally on their private comm before nodding to Sam, murmuring something very softly to herself.

Commlink-(Geist): Matrix, update positions.

JailBait: "Target is in the room in 10 .. 9 … "

Johny holds up a hand when the count of 5 comes… ticking off fingers until he hits no fingers, then points up. He lofts easily, fading from view as his ruthenium engages.

Aladriel drops invisible just like that. No theatrics or anything. She just flat out disappears and no one's going to be seeing her, she's done her utmost to make sure of that.

Commlink-(Geist): Breach, Make me a hole.

Lilith eyes close and with nothing more then a soft breath of air, lost in the noise of the sea, floats after Sam.

Kass unfurls a cloak from her wetbag, wrapping it around her as Aladriel fades from sight. She fades away too, doing her own kind of magic as she floats up into the air gracefully and quickly as if she were born to do this sort of thing.

Once at the top and under orders, Kassandra draws forth one of her tools from her utility belt, considering the balcony door a moment. The invisible armoured flying elf draws in a breath and sets the two thermite burning bars in place. The chemical weapons can cut through a safe like the proverbial knife through hot butter. Armoured glass and doors? It won't even be a real contest. She keys her mic and says ..

Commlink-«Silk» Engaging. Cover your eyes.

Johny's helmet snaps closed, blocking off all outside stimulas that's not ultrasonic.

Janie nods and closes her eyes, looking away from the balcony door.

Commlink-(Geist): Go for burn

Lilith floats up and over, and trusts in the helmet to protect her. Still, she turns her head, closes her eyes, and uses one arm to provide further protection.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence + 3 (Chemistry) + 3 (Mil.weap) vs TN 4 for "Prepared thermite burning bar charges.":
1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 7 8 8 9 9 10 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) uses 1 of item 6: Thermite Burning Bars from weapons (#10136).
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) uses 1 of item 6: Thermite Burning Bars from weapons (#10136).

Entry!

Fire! The burning bars ignite. In truth, they would burn underwater, too. The door ceases to be a problem in a flare of light, the bars knifing through the lock mechanism, the door, and falling to the floor where they keep going, and wont be stopping for some time. I hope no one was beneath that ..

Johny glances down, then to Kassandra, then down, then to Kassandra.

Commlink-(Geist): I thought you said I couldn't sink the boat?

Lilith doesn't snicker over the comm. Nope.

Commlink-«Silk» "Ummmm….uh oh."

Commlink-(Geist): Deal with it later. I'm in first, deploying flashbangs. GEEK THE MAGE.

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Reaction + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "Surpriiiiiiiiise!":
1 1 2 2 3 3 3 3 5 5 7 16 = 10 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Reaction vs TN 2 for "Surprise!":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 10 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
1 1 1 1 3 3 3 4 4 9 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Reaction vs TN 2 for "TADA! Motherfucker.":
2 3 4 4 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Reaction - 6 vs TN 2 for "KP 4/47":
3 4 5 10 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Reaction vs TN 2:
1 2 2 4 5 10 10 = 6 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 vs TN 4 for "Reaction":
2 3 5 11 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 vs TN 4 for "Reaction":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 10 11 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Reaction":
1 2 2 4 4 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 vs TN 4 for "Reaction":
1 1 1 2 4 = 1 Success

Surprise!

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Ok. You have surprise on everyone. Lil is tied with the guy that is likely going to be blind very soon. Everyone gets one action"

«OOC» Janie says, "Quickdraw, target the mage and let her have it with two shots from each gun."
«OOC» Johny says, "Two flash bangs, one to each of the bodyguards."
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Kass will go to SUT orders."
«OOC» Lilith says, "Is the guy I'm tied with the target?"
«OOC» Aladriel shall twiddle her thumbs and discreetly look away.
«OOC» Janie says, "Spirit will hold action, continuing to Conceal the team until and unless it gets an order from Janie to do otherwise or until Janie loses consciousness (whether due to being dead or otherwise)"
«OOC» Janie says, "Athena likewise is on standby on the Astral. I really need to teach her some more spells."
«OOC» Lilith says, "Har har. I'll get the kusarigama ready for use, then, but not acting out yet"

Janie blurs into action, drawing both guns as she turns to face where the door was and sighting on the target described by Ally as the mage.

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Quickdraw, right hand (APDS)":
1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 10 10 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Reaction vs TN 4 for "Quickdraw, left hand (Gel)":
1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 8 23 = 6 Successes
«Plot» Janie says, "Both guns drawn."

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Short range, normal lighting, glare from thermite compensated by glasses. Base TN 4"
«OOC» Janie says, "Enhance aim sustaining focus, F4 for a -2 to TNs within 32 meters. Laser sights for another -1."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Body) + 3 (Enh.Body) + 4 (CP) vs TN 7 for "Woo! half armor of 4 vs APDS!":
1 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 9 10 11 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Body) + 3 (Enh.Body) + 4 (CP) - 3 vs TN 7 for "Woo! half armor of 4 vs APDS!, karma reroll 1/?":
2 2 3 3 3 3 8 10 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Body) + 3 (Enh.Body) + 4 (CP) - 5 vs TN 7 for "Woo! half armor of 4 vs APDS!, karma reroll 3/?":
3 4 5 5 5 10 = 1 Success

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Body) + 3 (Enh.Body) + 4 (CP) vs TN 3 for "Woo! Power 7 on Gel rounds, fill 4 Armor":
2 2 2 4 4 4 5 5 7 10 15 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 (Body) + 3 (Enh.Body) + 4 (CP) - 8 vs TN 3 for "Woo! Power 7 on Gel rounds, fill 4 Armor, Karma 4/?":
2 3 5 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Kassandra says, "Dead Enemy Mage"

Two laser dots dance very briefly through the room before coming to a halt on the mage's eyes, dazzling her with the glare for but a split instant… But that's one split instant more than she had left, as Janie's guns speak simultaneously, sending a gel and an APDS round into the woman's head and painting the door behind her with blood and brains.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Throwing Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "Grenade 1, Sureshot processor":
3 4 4 5 5 5 7 9 = 8 Successes
<Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Throwing Weapons + Combat Pool: 4 vs TN 3 for "Grenade 2, Sureshot processor, aMbi 8":
1 2 3 3 4 5 5 13 = 6 Successes

«OOC» Janie has one more SA, will use it to command the spirit to start using its Confusion power on the bodyguards and target (IE, everyone in the room who isn't Lil, Kass, Janie, Ally or Johny)

Johny moves forward, two hands with two separate grenades. The Sureshot processor kicks on line, showing the lines of travel and rebound, the kinetic arcs and the force required. The two grenades leave his hands, angling for the maximum effect between the three targets that are confirmed and the other possibles in the room. He has several bodyguards. Two is not enough.

The two grenades drop like little Frisbees, exactly on target as Geist steps further in to the room. With his mask down, he's entirely unaffected by flash, hands going for his guns now.

«Plot» Janie says, "Third service (of four owed by the F5 sea spirit): Confusion on the op force."

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Small Unit Tactics + Task Pool: 1 vs TN 3 for "SUT Roll, every 2 succeses grants +1 CP *OR* +1 Init":
2 3 3 4 9 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 vs TN 3 for "Comp dice":
1 3 3 4 5 5 = 5 Successes

«Plot» Kassandra says, "+4 Init or CP for all team members, their choice. Kass picks +4 Init"
«Plot» Lilith says, " …+4 CP please :)"
«Plot» Janie will take +2 init and +2 CP dice. CP max at 13, four used in this surprise round.
«OOC» Johny says, "+4CP, CP is at 16. 8 used this round."

Silk is turned away from the excitement, reading information pipped in from all team members and Hitomi. She runs the calculations in her head, murmuring through her bone conduction mic, "Engage all forces. Geist, Guns, remove enemies at points A and B. Malus, Phoenix, Secure Target. Jailbait, I need a lockdown on all quarters and kill the fire alarms."

Commlink-(Geist): On it.
Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Aye"
Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Acknowledged.

There is brilliant flashes from inside and the sound of screams, both of startlment and pain. The flash bangs do their job and turn the equilibrium to jelly of those inside, blinding across the visual range. There is a snarl of Farsi curses from inside as well and the sound of a body hitting the floor.

Lilith hand drops to her waist. A clink, a rattle, fingers running down over cold chain as the weapon is snapped up into her hands. The bladed base stuck firmly in her left hand, the chain whip and ball dangling from the other, now swinging lightly to and fro as she makes ready to enter the room and secure the target. Follow orders.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 for "Mystery":
2 2 3 4 5 5 15

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 + 10 for "Hitomi":
1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 5 5 9 11 26

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 8 vs TN 12 for "Are you there?":
2 2 3 4 5 5 11 16 = 1 Success
«Plot» Kassandra says, "Tally 1"

Initiative and Fight!

«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Initiative with a result of 9.
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Initiative with a modifier of +4 with a result of 18.
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Initiative with a result of 23.
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Initiative with a modifier of +2 with a result of 20.
«OOC» Johny says, "Remember, vision mods count in to init ;)"
«OOC» Janie says, "Also note they're being Confused by a F5 sea spirit."

«Plot» Kassandra says, "Inits:
Johny 23
Janie 20
Target B 20
Aladriel 18
Kassandra 18
Lilith 9
Target C 4
Target A: 1

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Target A: Principle, Target B: Fast moving mofo, Target C: Obvious bodyguard"

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Pistols (Colt Manhunter) + Combat Pool: 6 vs TN 2 for "SL II, no mods, Target B shot 1":
1 1 1 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 11 = 11 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Pistols (Colt Manhunter) vs TN 2 for "SL II, no mods, Target B shot 2":
2 2 2 3 4 5 7 7 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Pistols (Colt Manhunter) vs TN 4 for "SL II, no mods, Target C Shot 1 + 2 secondary target":
2 2 3 3 3 5 5 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Pistols (Colt Manhunter) - 3 vs TN 4 for "SL II, no mods, Target C Shot 1 + 2 secondary target KP 6/46":
1 2 2 3 5 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Pistols (Colt Manhunter) vs TN 4 for "SL II, no mods, Target C Shot 2 + 2 secondary target":
1 2 2 5 5 8 11 11 = 5 Successes

«OOC» Johny says, "Stand. Ex Ex ammunition, 11M base damage. Thats 11D+3, 11D+2, 11D, 11D."
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 (Body) + 9 (CP) vs TN 6 for "First Shot":
2 2 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 8 11 17 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 (Body) + 9 (CP) - 3 vs TN 6 for "First Shot, karma reroll 1/?":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 13 26 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 (Body) + 9 (CP) - 5 vs TN 6 for "First Shot, karma reroll 3/?":
1 2 3 3 4 4 5 7 8 11 13 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Kassandra says, "he'll take the serious on the first"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 (Body) vs TN 6 for "2nd Shot":
1 3 4 4 5 5 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 (Body) vs TN 6 for "2nd Shot, karma reroll 4/?":
1 3 5 5 10 11 15 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 7 (Body) - 3 vs TN 6 for "2nd Shot, karma reroll 6/?":
1 2 4 5 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Kassandra says, "Dead"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 (Body) + 7 (CP) vs TN 4 for "I have armor, I am Target C!":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 10 15 = 7 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 (Body) + 7 (CP) - 7 vs TN 4 for "I have armor, I am Target C! Karma reroll KP 1/?":
1 1 2 2 2 5 = 1 Success

«Plot» Kassandra says, "No damage"

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 (Body) + 1 (CP) vs TN 4 for "I have armor, I am Target C! Second round!":
1 1 4 4 5 5 5 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 (Body) + 1 (CP) - 5 vs TN 4 for "I have armor, I am Target C! Second round! karma reroll 2/?":
10 15 = 2 Successes
«Plot» Kassandra says, "Target B Dies, Target C takes Light"

Johny is in the room and moving already, even as the flash packs go off. He's not running, not rushing. Each step is deliberate, each step is unhurried. An even, steady pace as the two guns snap out. The dangerous looking one, the one who looks about ready to twitch is targeted first, though only by a heartbeat. The two colts, easy and untraceable, bark out four quick silenced shots, simple pffts in the bright light that hardly report beyond the walls. One mans chest blossoms in to bright red, the shells punching through and embedding in the wall behind, while the other, the slower one, manages to stop most of the power of the bullets on her armor. "Fadil is displeased." He comments externally in Arabic.

«OOC» Janie will shoot target C twice, then one from each gun.

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Pistols + Combat Pool: 2 vs TN 2 for "First shot, right hand (APDS), target C.":
2 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 = 12 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Pistols vs TN 2 for "First shot, left hand (simultaneous, Gel), target C. Not that I think it's going to be necessary…":
1 1 3 3 4 9 11 11 11 23 = 8 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 (Body) vs TN 6 for "I am Target C. I have a Light Wound. I have 1 KP left and I am going to Hand Of God!":
1 2 2 3 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 (Body) vs TN 3 for "I am Target C. I have a Light Wound. I have 1 KP left and I am going to Hand Of God!":
2 2 2 4 7 17 = 3 Successes
«Plot» Kassandra says, "He takes like a deadly OMG and dies"

Kass floats just outside the doors to the suite, watching the action impassively. Her job is free safety, she is the person who fixes problems when the others are too busy. The elf simply waits, hands empty of weapons as she scans the area, information streaming across her heads up display as she deals with data from Hitomi and the rest of the team.

«Plot» Kassandra says, "Kass holds action"

Johny's second target has all of one heartbeat to try to comprehend the gunman's cryptic comment before a shot from Janie ends all his thoughts forever.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "All visible targets down." ~Athena, anything on the Astral?~"

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 5 (to Kassandra) for "Casting F9 Stunbolt at D=":
1 1 1 2 2 2 2 4 4 5 5 5 5 10 = 5 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 vs TN 9 for "Are you serious?":
3 3 4 4 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 vs TN 9 for "Are you serious? karma reroll 1/?":
2 4 4 5 23 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 - 1 vs TN 9 for "Are you serious? karma reroll 3/?":
1 2 3 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC» Janie forgot to roll init for Athena, but she's at +26 for astral initiative and standing by.

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 2 (Power) vs TN 3 (to Kassandra) for "Resisting D Drain, need 8":
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 4 7 7 9 10 19 = 10 Successes

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Astral appears clear."

Mages don't rush in! Even when they don't look like mages and are dressed appropriately enough to be able to run in and maybe not die. But, in this case, Aladriel lets those more inclined to do so….do so. She doesn't do anything cute, she just stands by, waiting for the flashes to go off, waiting to hear some of the shots. Then she turns into the room and looks quickly, time seeming to fly by like a flash, bodies being decimated left and right. She sees the one that no one is shooting, the man in the picture, the man of the hour. She looks at him, he doesn't see her, and then he doesn't see anything. He plunks to the ground.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 + 10 vs TN 7 for "Huh?":
1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 7 8 8 9 11 = 5 Successes

Johny's guns are still at the ready as he moves over to the Principle. "Serpent, Police brass. 8 shells. Tommy, bar the doors. Thunderbird, Tapestry, move the principle to the vehicle. Move!"

JailBait (Hitomi): "We aren't alone, there is STQWETGA WHEGWNOET"

«Plot» Kassandra says, "Hitomi's connection is cut"

Lilith is about to snap out her chain…and then Ally moves in. Well. She shrugs and then slips up behind the girl. "Let's go." She grins mirthlessly behind her mask, grabs the man by the feet and begins to drag him out.

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Fuck"
Commlink-(Geist): MOVE MOVE MOVE! EVAC with the principle!

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Doing so!"

Janie curses briefly but feelingly, then moves to comply, Athena materializing beside her to help wrestle furniture in front of the door.

<Plot» Janie says, "Final service from the sea spirit: Concealment again."

Johny readies another flashbang, moving to cover the others, pistols at the ready as he makes sure the others are secure.

The connection lost, Kass searches for the signal and sets the comm to scanning. She notices Lilith grabbing the mark and moves to collect brass, floating inches above the floor as she sweeps around the areas for anything that the team has dropped.

Oh dear. Ally moves quickly to help Lilith, grabbing the arms of the man to give a good heave to actually get him off of the ground to aid in faster movement. Thankfully those weeks in the gym have paid off. It looks strange though, with Lilith pulling one end and invisible Aladriel taking the other.

On the Matrix, Hitomi swing her massive sword to the side, dropping the weapon as it derezzes. The otaku sweeps the node with her senses, muttering, "Aha, didn't see you there!" Her comm line inside the matrix cut, the girl grabs the very code in the system itself and starts camouflaging herself, sinking into the node and out of sight.

Janie deposits the couch in front of the door, then heads out onto the balcony to cover Lilith and Ally while they haul the target.

Johny sends the Attacker a notation to move to defend the Otaku.

Johny is still on rear guard, waiting for the others to try and enter the room. His armor is faded from view, his guns at the ready as he moves backwards on to the balcony behind Janie and the others. "Get him on the boat!"

Lilith grunts as she moves the mark, then mentally bitch slaps herself as she notes Kass catching brass. Stupid fucking mistake. Her job. She nods and begins to float over the balcony, tugging Ally along.

There is the distinct sound of disturbances in the hall and the sound of a door being blown off the hinges with a shotgun blast from outside. The chattering is not in Arabic or even Farsi, but in French Accented English, "Move! MOVE!"

Commlink-«Silk» Back up, boss.

Johny drops the two concussive grenades, tossing them across the room as he makes his way back out of the room, closing the door behind him. Tee lock may be fried, but the door will present at least a moment's delay.

Kass rises from the floor, a mere ghost in her cloaked armour. The extra brass deposited in her pouch, the elven fairie draws forth a small spheroid from the small of her back and twists a small dial, eyeing the barricaded door to the suite. She casually tosses the object on the couch and floats backwards almost lazily to catch up with Johny.

"ON THE BOAT NOW! Delay of 3 on two concussive!"

Ally is right over the edge after Lilith, mainly steadying the target as they head down for the boat, letting Lilith do the leading so she can look back over her shoulder and verify that everyone else is coming.

Lilith drops to the boat, quickly, not bothering with making sure the mark has a gentle landing.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) uses 1 of item 3: Splash Grenade - DMSO/Bliss from Grenades (#1719).

Janie nods acknowledgement and literally /sprints/ down the side of the boat, taking a brief vacation from the laws of gravity.

The Getaway

Johny steps back off the Balcony now, headed for the get-away boat. French accented… He drops below the level of the floor, hitting the deck of the cigarette, launching himself at the controls. "SOUND OFF!"

Lilith makes sure the mark is in the upright and tied the fuck up position. "'Ere!"

Kass zips through the air backwards, her helmet accounting for the team, a secondary screen counting down the various explosives about to go off, a third inputting where the thermite likely is about now.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Present."

Commlink-«Silk» Here.

Johny's hand hovers over the throttle, waiting to hear back from the Magi.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Alllll aboard."

Hitting the deck with a light step and a quickly muttered phrase, lost in the rain, the rutheniumed elf drops her disguise, heading unerringly towards Aladriel, guided by the computer readout.

«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car + 1 (Karma) vs TN 8 for "KP 9/47":
1 1 3 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car + 1 (Karma) vs TN 8 for "KP 10/47":
1 1 2 2 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car + 1 (Karma) vs TN 8 for "KP 12/47":
1 2 3 3 4 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car + 1 (Karma) vs TN 8 for "KP 15/47":
1 2 3 3 4 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Car + 1 (Karma) - 1 vs TN 8 for "KP 19/47":
1 2 3 3 4 = 0 Successes

You paged Janie with 'Athena sounds off that she can sense the astral presence from the storm on the ship, perhaps near the open deck on top.'.

Johny hits the throttle then… "Astral! Give me speed! We need distance and we need it NOW!" He calls out, his feet spaced wide as the boat veers off to peel around, heading to the back of the boat, using both the speed of the cruise liner and the speed of the speed-boat together, in addition to making for a harder shot for anyone about to be firing off that balcony.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Whoever summoned th'storm spirit's still on th'ship, on th'deck."

BOOM BOOM FSEEEESSSSSHHHH Two explosions and one wet sound can be heard from upstairs as various traps are cooking off for your guests. Screams are evident even over the sounds of the storm.

Commlink-(Geist): Third team, I'm thinking.

In the Matrix, the other decker skulks after Hitomi, dressed as the typical ninja. The otaku has faded completely into the woodwork, watching the other try to find her. He turns his head, about to say something or perhaps strike when a man dressed in a tux and a trenchcoat comes off the Ledo deck, pulling off his sunglasses. The Agent doesn't say anything but instead produces a Walther PPK and aims it.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 + 10 vs TN 7 for "Emulate Attack":
1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 9 10 14 20 = 5 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 + 10 - 5 vs TN 7 for "Emulate Attack, karma reroll":
1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 9 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 10 + 10 - 7 vs TN 7 for "Emulate Attack, karma reroll":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 7 8 9 9 9 = 5 Successes

Aladriel is quickly strapping herself in when there's the call for astral support. Aladriel quickly summons forth one of her elementals on call, one of her new ones, and quite appropriately, a water one. "Speed, please," she murmurs more mentally than anything to the elemental, who will start to form up beneath the boat.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "More speed, aye aye captain!"

Commlink-Malus> Lilith says, "Arrr"

Hitomi doesn't wait for the Agent, using the distraction to manifest a silken cord. The otaku steps out of the shadows and wraps the cord around the decker's throat, the silk shifting in a blur to monowire as she slices through his defenses and sends him screaming back into his skull with a nasty case of dump shock, parts of a million nuyen deck exploding in fire.

Kassandra holds on for dear life, pushing herself over to a seat and strapping in, data streaming real time to her heads up display, "And we have hull breech in three two one NOW". Alarm klaxons go off on the ship as the bottom hull is breached by two burning thermite charges, the white hot chemicals heading towards the bottom of the ocean.

Janie has little to do now but hang on and extend her spell defenses to shield everyone around her.

Lilith just nods and *holds on*.

Lilith is also not looking forward to the likely chewing out down the road at debriefing.

Johny tries to eek every bit of speed he can out of the speed boat, feeling the hydrofoils kick in. Just like that, the ride smooths out, the high speed mode kicking in as friction with the hull is reduced to almost nothing and the ship is a rocket on the water.

"Speed's good! Speeds good! Now! Astral! Check our asses! If theres an initiate that powerful aboard, they are not alone and I mislike being eaten by sea monsters!"

The spirit shrouded elemental charged boat skips across the waves like a shot, its speed enhanced and virtually invisible to mortal sight. Even the Sea Spirit is holding on at this point, glaring at Ally's giggling Elemental as it shoots them across the water.

Lilith idly wonders if her stomach is ever going to *not* be pulled out her ears by the speed.

From what is increasingly further behind you can hear not only the alarm sirens going off as well as the sounds of gunfire. The deck is ablaze in GREEN fire as Lightning strikes on the very deck itself.

The cigarette is on hydrofoils now, blazing along at 551 miles per hour (887 KPH) towards Djibouti, the runners holding on for dear life.

Johny doesn't take his hands off the controls, doesn't trust the autonav. He simply guides the boat to the horn of africa, in to Dijibouti… it will take a normal ship 2-5 hours to make the trip. We will make it in 30 minutes.

Dijibouti

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 for "Mystery":
1 2 2 2 3 4

Janie holds on tight and ducks low to stay out of the headwind, then looks at Johny.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "This is probably a bad time t'ask how much ye trust y'r Mossad contact, but…"

Johny doesn't drive the boat, not at this speed. He's more like, pointing it. Flying it at low altitude as the team converts a cigarette boat in to a LAWV, or low altitude water vehicle. Johny is a statue at the controls. At this speed, if he fucks something up, no one will have time to blink before they are all dead. Thats not an idle hyperbole. Have you ever SEEN a speed boat disintegrate when it lands wrong? Its just -wrong-.

Aladriel lets her invisibility spell drop now that they are on the getaway portion. She looks quickly at each member to make sure that they aren't injured mysteriously or carrying with them anything unexpected. "So was this fast enough for you?" Ally asks Johny through the comms with a little chuckle.

Strapped to a chair, Kass is thankful that magic doesn't bother to obey the laws of physics. The water elemental powering their getaway craft has decided that they are going to go fast and the ship simply does so, the vehicle and the crew protected by a faint sheen of water that prevents any damage from friction, prevents the craft from simply buckling from the pressure, prevents a shell bobbing on the waves to penetrate the hull like a bullet. She spares a look to Ally, checking her visually for wounds.

Commlink-(Geist): I trust her as far as I trust the Mossad, which is why I am currently jamming the AOD trackers. And at this speed, even if she tracked me, she has no way of knowing that right now, Marcus is landing with a helicopter at a small harbor outside of Adan, in Yemen."

The back of Johny's armor glows briefly. "Loyola, Djibouti."

Janie nods.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Let's hope ye found all th'bugs…"

Catching Kassandra looking at her, Ally smiles, though it's too hidden beneath her helmet. She has to compensate for that by giving a little finger wave and then a big thumbs up.

Commlink-(Geist): I am confident I did.

The back of Johny's armor glows briefly. "No. I'm not."

Kass lets out a little sigh of relief, her own expression hidden by the helmet. Still, she'll return the thumbs up and looks out through the faint protective sheen of water around them as waves go by WAY too fast.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "We'll find out whether y'r confidence was justified in twenty-five minutes."

Janie falls silent after that.

Johny glances back to Janie, his helmet tilting slightly as she uses an accurate number. Well, with any luck, they'll think its a lie anyway.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 vs TN 9 for "Perception, +5TN due to spirit, +2 due to speed, -2 TN due to GIANT plume of water!":
2 2 3 4 9 = 1 Success

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Everyone can make a perception check, TN is 10"
«OOC» Kassandra says, "visual"
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10:
1 1 2 2 3 3 5 5 7 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10:
2 2 2 3 5 5 5 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "KP 2/33":
1 2 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 (Lilith) vs TN 10:
1 1 2 3 5 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10:
1 1 3 4 4 4 4 5 9 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "What's that?":
2 2 3 4 4 7 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Intelligence vs TN 10 for "KP 9/47":
1 1 1 2 4 5 5 5 10 = 1 Success

You paged Johny with 'You notice a boat off the starboard bow and … you passed it. Medium sized motorized, no flags, no lights.'.

Commlink-(Geist): Watch the starboard bow. Passed a dark ship. No registry or lights. They know we are out here.

Kass's head twists as the boat zips along and she comms, «%What was that? I saw something back there!»

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Acknowledged."

Johny curves up to the Yemeni port a few degrees, as such to put him 3 minutes later in to Loyola, but to seem to 'commit' to the Yemeni port for the Mossad.

From somewhere increasingly further behind you, lights can be seen and a sense of movement as the boat tries to rev up to follow.

Johny narrows his eyes, looking at the boats sensor read outs. "Stop that vessel." He calls across the comms. "Sella, if you're listening, and thats your asset, power it down or its about to die."

Ally looks around, the last one to the party it seeems! She looks, straining to see anything, her brows furrowing beneath her helmet. She looks towards Johny and asks over the comm…

Thunder rolls across the sky as more lightning flares, although the bolts are behind you. The main force of the storm seems to be back towards the cruise ship, the rain and winds lessening the further away from it you've gotten.'

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "There's no way that can catch us, is there?"

Commlink-(Geist): Theres no way this boat can go this fast, either.

Lilith clings to her seat, the unfamiliar armour dripping water as a stray wave breaks through the protection of the elemental and sloshes her.

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 vs TN 8 for "Test":
3 3 3 4 5 5 = 0 Successes

«OOC»Visual perception check. Structural engineering, Boat B/R, or other skills can be used as comp

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls Intelligence for "Huh?":
1 4 4 5 5 7 8 10
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 5 (Lilith) for "Huh?":
1 3 4 5 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Johny (#799) rolls Intelligence + 3 (Architecture; Naval is a required course.) + 2 (Piracy Background):
1 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 4 5 5 7 7 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence for "Uh oh…":
2 3 4 5 5 7
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4

Broken Boat

For Ally: The way the rain ripples across your armour is very soothing.

For: Lilith, Kass, Johny, Janie: Ummmm .. say, is it me or is it getting wetter in here? We have like an inch of water on the deck, and it ain't from rain! And it is rising.

For Johny, Kass: You can definitely see it when part of the forward hydrofoil rips off and goes off behind you at some several hundred miles an hour, deflected from hitting the area where the PCs are by a faint ripple of tidal effect.

Johny kills the engines immediately, calling out. "Shut the spirit down! We lost the hydrofoil! We're taking on water." he says, moving to put the pumps on over drive.

Lilith lifts a boot, "Oi mate, it's gettin' a bit damp back here, wot?"

Kass instinctively ducks as something zips through the air, twisting in her seat as Sam calls out, "That almost hit us!"

Janie swears once, then closes her eyes and tries to block out as much of the outside world as she can while she calls on the spirit of the waters again. She suspects the group will need its help soon.

With a gesture Aladriel calls the spirit off of it's task. "Hang around, Flounder, we might need you yet!" Ally tells the elemental as she looks about, noticing the water in the boat once Sam brings her attention to it.

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Centering vs TN 5 for "Centering against drain, F5 sea spirit…":
1 1 3 7 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Centering - 1 vs TN 5 for "Centering against drain, F5 sea spirit (KP 9/36… I think)":
2 3 3 = 0 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Conjuring + 2 (Athena) vs TN 5 for "F5 sea spirit.":
1 3 3 4 5 8 9 11 = 4 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) vs TN 5 for "Soaking M drain…":
1 2 2 3 4 4 7 9 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) - 2 (Successes) vs TN 5 for "Soaking (KP 10/36)":
2 2 3 3 3 4 = 0 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) - 2 (Successes) vs TN 5 for "Soaking (KP 12/36)":
2 3 5 5 7 9 = 4 Successes

«OOC» Janie says, "Drain soaked. First service: Guard; keeping the ship from sinking would fall within its purview, I think."

Once the elemental stops trying to push the ship and the engines are stopped, you can hear the pumps working hard to get the water out. The main problem is that there are several stress fractures to the ship's structure: it just wasn't made to do this, regardless of the power of magic. Bouncing on its foils at seven times its max rated speed is just too hard to sustain forever.

Janie's sea spirit seals the holes and cracks with solidified salt, buying to a respite.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "It'll hold f'r now, but let's try an'not do that again any time soon…"

Johny slides a chip out of his chipjack, passing it off to Kassandra. "Get them to this location. Apollo is waiting, get the FUCK out of this side of the world as swiftly as possible, Tapestry." He says, one hand going to his shotgun as he flexes his knees, preparing to jump in to the air. Something's coming at them, somethings attacking and the boats a little damaged at the moment. Time to go make some noise. Thank god for envirosealed armor. He cuts off the outside airflow. A timer appears in his visual field: 60:00, 59:59. 59:58

"I'll catch up to you."

Janie stares briefly at what Johny's about to do. A number of things to say come to mind immediately, from "What the hell are you doing?" to "are you crazy?", but she catches herself before saying any of them and instead settles for "… Good luck. We'll have th'coffee ready back home."

Kass takes the chip and nods, "Aye aye." The armoured form of the elf takes the controls and starts the engine again, looking over the damage control system with a wince. She lets out a breath and starts them forward at one quarter speed until she gets a feel for things and sees if they'll take on water, slotting the chip into her armor.

ohny launches himself in to the air, his armor going translucent as he does so. The shotgun shifts from shot to slugs in one hand while the a concussion grenade is armed at his side. Thermographic vision sweeps the area, looking for whatever threat is out there.

Janie watches him go, then makes a quick decision.
~Athena. Stay with him and cover him against magical threats as best you can.~
~Done.~

The boat heads off in the direction Johny has laid out, leaving the floating man behind. The storm clouds ominously crackle in the distance, the rain still moving steadily out to sea. The occational flare of lightning can be seen, miles away from your position.

The smuggler's craft heading off, you are left along with the quiet of your own internal air tanks, the slosh of the ocean, the sound of the wind.

Commlink-(Geist): Returning to craft. Vessel is moving off.

Johny keeps watch for a moment, looking around to the full vista of the seas, looking for heat signatures and solid forms against the liquid and gas, then turns at full speed back for the boat.

Kass slows the engine to allow Johny to catch up, not speeding away from him.

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Janie, roll Astral Perception for Athena please"

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls 6 (Athena's int) for "What's that I see?":
1 2 3 4 4 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls 6 (Athena's int) for "What's that I see? (Athena's KP 1/3)":
1 2 3 4 7 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4:
2 2 5 5
«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4:
1 3 4 5

You paged Janie with 'Athena sees 2 Force 4 watchers doing a sweep out this direction. They have not seen her, she does not believe.'.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Get y'r ass down here an'turn that focus off. Eagle says we've got a pair o'Watcher spirits inbound."

From afar, Janie will tell Athena to return to the Metaplanes. That's a free action and not all that traceable.

Commlink-«Silk» Switch to alternate channel Theta now.

Spirit Battle!

Johny can't see watchers. Not even if he tries. He heads down to the boat, the shotgun handed off to Lilith as he lands on the back of the boat. "ABOARD!" He calls out, then turns to his colt with the golden spraypaint on the magazine.

Janie switches, then taps her mike.

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Acknowledged."

Watchers inbound? Aladriel carefully peeks herself open to the astral plane and closes a fist over the hilt of the sword sheathed at her side. "Here here lil spirits," she murmurs to herself.

«OOC» Kassandra says, "Janie, Ally, Astral Perception Test, 0 BG count"

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4:
2 3 3 3 4 5 5 8 8 11 = 6 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence for "What's there…":
1 1 2 3 3 8

Janie relays the approximate bearing to Ally over the comm.

For Janie, Aladriel: Aha! Look, two little .. imps .. coming this direction. They are watchers, definately, but they look like nothing more than some approximation of a demonic creature, with a two pronged poisoned stinger tail, clawed fingers, glowing eyes.

For Ally: They reek of some sort of magic that isn't standard. Not *quite* blood magic, but close

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "I see them. Ugly little bastards… I've got th'one on th'left."

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Leaves me the one on the right. These guys look tainted"

Johny switches comm frequencies, then checks in. "I don't feel comfortable getting Apollo out over the water with his skill level. No other contractors were available on short notice. Make for that port, all possible speed. We need to get the fuck out of this area. At sea, we are an island of bright auras."

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Centering vs TN 4 for "Centering for successes, 2:1, F4 spirit bolt on a Force 4 watcher spirit.":
3 3 8 10 = 2 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + 2 (Totem bonus: Combat spell) + Sorcery Pool: 4 vs TN 4 for "F4 Spirit Bolt, damage level S.":
1 1 1 2 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 10 10 16 = 8 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "Soaking S drain.":
2 2 2 3 3 8 8 9 = 8 Successes
«OOC» Janie says, "No drain; stand on 9 successes effective."

«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 vs TN 4 for "Spiritbolt F7":
1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 8 9 = 9 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Aladriel (#604) rolls Willpower + Sorcery Pool: 6 vs TN 2 for "8 to resist D Stun":
1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 4 5 10 11 15 17 21 = 16 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 4 vs TN 7 for "Oh dear":
1 1 2 3 = 0 Successes

Kass nods, murmuring over the comm, «Check.». The elven girl lets out a breath and moves the speed back up, motioning to Lilith to watch for holes in the deck, «We could abandon this thing and take alternate travel you know, and blow it?»

Janie breathes slowly, focusing toward her center as she extends one arm, sighting along an imaginary gun at a target only she and Aladriel can see, then exhales as she unleashes the Power she'd gathered into a bolt of force patterned specifically to disrupt spirits like the ones chasing them.

The spirit that Janie targets catches the bolt full on, one of its wings shredding from the magicks. It shrieks and discorporates rapidly, some sort of ichor falling from where it was to the water and washing away.

Janie helps to point Ally in the right direction of her target. Those are ugly spirits. Ally sees Janie's one on the left go up in an astral explosion. Her's gets a firm look and with a wave of her hand, Ally casts a terribly powerful burst of destructive power at that spirit.

The spirit doesn't have time to scream in defiance, instead vaporizing in a shower of black powder.

Kass considers her speed, Lilith giving her a thumbs up at the status of the leaking.

Commlink-«Phoenix»> Aladriel says, "Both spirits down!"

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "Sooner we get to land, th'better."

Johny does not take the controls from Kass, unless she offers them over. He gave up that post to go play Superman. He peers over the now up-raised bow, one hand gripping a railing bit, to see where the fuck they are at. "Condition of the principle?"

Lilith remarks, "He's still sleeping off whatever Thunderbird did to him. A bit wet, but nothing else."

Kass spares a look towards the prisoner, whatever expression she may have hidden by her helmet. She keeps driving as long as Sam wants her to, keeping the boat moving in the same general direction they are supposed to go.

Johny removes from his backpack a Satilitte cellphone, encrypted prepaid. He dials the number for the matching phone currently on Marcus.

For Janie: He is still alive, in reasonably good condition. He shows signs of drug use in the recent past, a nicotine habit, and some signs that he has been near strong magical use in the last 24 hours (outside of you and Ally)

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Assensing the principal; let's see if he's still alive…":
2 2 4 5 5 9 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "Assensing the principal; let's see if he's still alive…":
2 2 4 5 5 9 = 4 Successes

«Auto-Judge[]» Kassandra (#9777) rolls 6 for "Mystery":
1 1 3 3 4 8

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence vs TN 4 for "… Hmmmm…":
1 2 5 5 5 5 = 4 Successes

Commlink-Mustang> Janie says, "… Huh. We're not th'only ones who've cast spells on him recently…"

Johny narrows his eyes. "An aura cannot be faked. Someone tell me thats true."

"Depends what you mean," Ally tells Sam with a small furrow of her brows. "I can make myself appear non-magical or less powerful…..:

You paged Janie with 'After a moment's more contemplation you determine that the person that cast the spells on him is the same one that did the work on the storm, but was Masked poorly. Also, the type of spell cast was a Control Manipulation spell.'.

"Yes, but can you change someone ELSES aura?"

Lilith remarks, "Well, we can wake the lad up and ask 'im a few questions, maybe determine if it is him?"

Aladriel thinks long and hard on this. She's almost humming aloud as she wrestles with the principles behind that and how she'd even go about doing it. Then…finally, she shakes her head. "I don't think so."

"As far as I know, it's not," Janie murmurs as she examines the man closely. "This was done by th'same mage who called th'Great Spirit over th'cruise ship… Some kind o'control spell, masked. Sloppy job on th'maskin'…"

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Magic Background for "How sure am I /REALLY/ about not being able to change someone else's aura? For that matter, has any of us seen the guy's aura before?":
5 5 7 7 7

"I doubt that. I think they wanted you to see it." Says Johny then. "Nothing about this job has been sloppy. It makes me wonder what the angle is. Why were we so successful with an initiate of that power level on the vessel and clearly interested? There's a force at play I don't have the data to see." He glances at the sat phone, seeing if theres a problem connecting.

The sat phone is connecting fine, the interplay about astral perception taking your attention for a moment. "Apollo!"

"Ally, ye got a good look at th'guy's aura before, right? C'n ye confirm we've got th'same one?"
Janie said that.

Ally perceives for a moment to look down at there target. She nods her head with what she's seeing. "Yep, this is him. This is the man who's picture we had on file," she clarifies.

Johny exhales. "Now I remember why I abhor field work. Too many goddamn complications." He says shaking his head. "Putting everyone at risk for my paranoia." He exhales. "Apollo, have the plane ready to turn and burn. We're coming in hard on a leaky boat but we're ahead of schedule. Power up the craft."

"I read you five by five, Boss. I'll be ready!" Apollo says over the sat phone, and you can hear the sound of engines revving up and preparations being made.

April 29, 2009

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License