Rolling Grandfather Thunder

Sunset of Hate

GM's Note:
«Plot» Samuel says, " Several other accidents could or would have happened along this time, but foresight on Janie's part to have a spirit present with 'accident prevention' and Lilith's choice of an alternate route, forestalled them."

The Meet

The scene starts with the simplest of things. As always, a phone call, text or trix mail (Or in Sam's case, he sends all three.). Meet him at a warehouse on the Sioux side of town, up past the borders. When you arrive, Samuel is there, leaning on a railing, next to a Ford Americar. He's dressed in his suit, his shades firmly on his features. In one hand is a briefcase."

Lilith drives up to a point, then hikes the rest of the way, dressed appropriately for the weather and the area. Thick scarf and glasses covering her face. "G'afternoon, Mr.Clemens."

Janie arrives on her bike, apparently already recovered from her recent bout with near-death.

Samuel offers a nod to the pair of the women. "Good afternoon." He says, moving over to the car. "Janie, please take possession of this briefcase. It is not to leave your direct possession, until you receive my go-signal upon your arrival in Cheyenne." A pause as he looks to Lilith. "You, are driving her there. In this vehicle."

Lilith nods briskly to Janie in greeting, then to Sam. "Of course. Simple back and forth?"

Janie nods as she examines the case. "Expectin' anyone unauthorized t'take an interest?" she asks.

The Briefcase is a simple black case, with two combination dials set in to two hinge-style locks. It's black leather with brass ornamentation.

"Not necessarily, but some things you don't take chances on. It's a 90 mile drive from here to Cheyenne but 90 miles is a long way through some rough territory."

Lilith nods again. "Expected troubles? How bad's the road?"

Janie nods again, as well. "What's th'timeframe? 'Now' ?"

Samuel lights a cigarette. "It's mid winter, the roads are icy and generally poorly maintained. But it's a short drive. This shouldn't be a seriously bad situation. I don't anticipate any direct opposition. But, that's why I send you. In case there is. As for time frame… I want it there by this evening."

"Should be do-able if we leave on time," Janie estimates.

Lilith nods, getting out a pair of black leather cut off gloves, sliding them on her hands. "Ah." She looks up at the sun, checking it's arc, and then looks over to Janie. "Aye, should be fine. But I'm not getting my hopes up. Is there anything else, sir?" Addressing Samuel.

Samuel shakes his head, reaching in to a pocket to pull out a set of keys. He tosses them to Lilith, then hands off the case to Janie. "Don't roll the car."

Janie nods. "We'll be careful," she replies as she takes the case.

Lilith snorts and lifts her chin, snatching the keys out of the air. "A *lady* does not roll her car." She smiles prettily at Sam.

He doesn't answer, simply turning to walk away. "See you tomorrow morning, ladies."

It's a Ford Americar. Not a hotrod by any stretch, with sedate top speed of a hundred eighteen miles an hour. But, there is a button on the wheel thats been installed, labeled 'gogo'. Other than that, it seems to be a simple enough vehicle.

Janie follows behind Lilith, but pauses on the treshold to call on a Sky Spirit to watch over them along the way.

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Conjuring + 2 (Athena) vs TN 4 for "Summoning F4 Sky Spirit.":
1 2 2 3 3 4 5 8 = 3 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) vs TN 4 for "Soaking M drain…":
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 5 = 2 Successes
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Charisma + 2 (Athena) - 2 (Successes) vs TN 4 for "Soaking M drain…(KP 1/30)":
1 2 3 5 7 16 = 3 Successes
«OOC» Janie furthermore notes that her Janet Bradders SIN carries a magical practitioner's permit allowing for up to rating 4 spells - so the spirit's legal.

Lilith arches her brow at the button. She shrugs, turns the key, turning the car on…getting the heat going, turning on some soft classical music radio station. She waits patiently for Janie, tapping her hands on the wheel after buckling in.

Classical music; You get some 2040's tunes. Other than that single button, the car seems fairly sedate. Scratched, fairly used interior. A radio with a chip player and Satellite radio, airbags. The car is green, with a tanish brown interior.

Lilith idly checks the time, leaning her head out the window to watch Janie.

«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 2 (Totem bonus: detection spell) + 2 (Athena) vs TN 6 for "Enhance Aim into sustaining focus.":
1 1 2 3 3 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 9 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 2 (Totem bonus: detection spell) + 2 (Athena) - 1 (Successes) vs TN 6 for "Enhance Aim into sustaining focus. (KP 2/30)":
1 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 17 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 2 (Totem bonus: detection spell) + 2 (Athena) - 2 (Successes) vs TN 6 for "Enhance Aim into sustaining focus. (KP 4/30)":
1 1 1 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 8 = 1 Success
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Sorcery + Sorcery Pool: 5 + 2 (Totem bonus: detection spell) + 2 (Athena) - 3 (Successes) vs TN 6 for "Enhance Aim into sustaining focus. (KP 7/30)":
1 1 3 3 4 4 5 5 5 5 7 8 = 2 Successes
«OOC» Janie says, "Christ, that took its sweet time."
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Willpower vs TN 2 for "Soaking M drain.":
2 2 2 3 4 5 5 = 7 Successes
«Plot» Janie says, "F4 enhance aim spell into focus, boost caps out at 4 successes, for a -2 to all ranged TNs."

** NOTED **

«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Weather":
2
«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Traffic":
10
«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Random":
2

The First Leg

The first portion of the trip gets underway, with the pair of runners in the Americar leaving Denver's sprawl behind, traveling north on the old Interstate 25 (now S-101). The roads are not horribly maintained, what with the amount of traffic between Cheyenne and Denver, but traffic is absolutely ABOMINABLE. It's almost like a parking lot. Maybe there's a wreck up ahead or something, but sitting here on the big safe freeway… is a sure way to get into Cheyenne late.

Janie scowls, then starts consulting her PDA for alternate routes, preferably ones that will let them go at more than five hours per mile.

Lilith grunts as she peers ahead. "Fuckin' 'ell." She allows the car to move at the acceptable crawling speed. She looks around, through the mirrors, checking to see if there's an exit or something that can get them where they need to go faster. "Janie, you see a better road or exit nearby?"


«OOC» Samuel says, "Gimmie a computers check, Janie. TN 3"
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Computers vs TN 3 for "Lessee, alternate route, alternate route…":
2 3 5 = 2 Successes


Two alternate routes come up. Old 85, a longer route, smaller road, but it appears to be open. It's also more rural, meaning you may run in to more anti-Anglo prejudice should you stop. The other, is a series of back roads up through Fort Collins and Loveland along S-287. A little more direct, but a lot more people and prone to stoplights, stop signs and local cops.

Lilith glances over at Janie. "What's up?"

Janie ponders the PDA. "Got two alternate routes here," she replies to Lilith. "There's th'old Eight-Five still open. Bit longer but we should be able t'make it as long as we don't get into trouble when we stop somewhere - th'locals don't like anglos very much. Or we c'n take th' S-287 an'play with traffic lights an'possible nosy cops…"

Lilith wrinkles her nose. "Roight. I ain't stoppin' for no bleedin' fuzz. If we can get clear and keep moving, the 85 is fine. No reason to stop anyways."

Janie chuckles. "Knock on wood," she replies. "Still, I agree. Let's hit th'85."

Lilith nods and moves the car in position for the nearest exit to the 85.


«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for " Random":
3


The 85 is a few miles distant, city driving across the outlying towns of Denver's metro area. Nothing really happens, though a large gust of wind DOES seem to slow a bus down enough that it doesn't quite sideswipe you. The wind was absolutely unnatural. Fucking bus drivers.

Lilith grunts as she struggles through the gust of wind, but once they're free and clear she presses the gas down and ramps the speed. Keeping a careful eye out for other cars and other debris.

You paged Janie with 'Your spirit reports that it has prevented an accident.'.
From afar, Janie acknowledges and thanks the spirit for its watchfulness.

Lilith grunts as she struggles through the gust of wind, but once they're free and clear she presses the gas down and ramps the speed. Keeping a careful eye out for other cars and other debris.

Janie smiles vaguely to herself and leans back in her seat, looking out the window to the sky.

«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Traffic":
5
«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Random":
4
«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 2 for "Mystery":
2 4'
«OOC» Samuel says, "Give me perception checks."
«OOC» Samuel says, "Both of ya"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Intelligence:
1 1 2 2 5
«OOC» Lilith says, "dammit"
«OOC» Samuel says, "Karma is always your friend."
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Intelligence for "What's that I see?":
3 3 3 4 9 9
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Intelligence for "kp 1":
1 1 2 2 4
«OOC» Lilith says, "argh!"
«OOC» Lilith says, "one more"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Intelligence for " kp 2!":
3 4 4 5 5
«OOC» Lilith says, "stand"

And then 85 swings in to sight. Unlike the massive interstate, which at its narrowest, is 2 lanes in each direction, 85 is a single lane in each direction… It curves out in to the plains a bit, with ancient hundred year or more old bridges and narrow passages. The Traffic here is thick as well, moving at about 40 miles an hour, but it is much faster than the freeway.

Fourty Miles An Hour isn't exactly crawling, but its not screaming along, no. The car makes its way north along the road, burning far more fuel than you would like. At this rate, it's very possible you may need to refuel before you make it in to Cheyenne.

You paged Janie with 'Looks like it could snow soon, given the clouds that appear to be moving in.'.

Janie hrms. "Looks like snow ahead," she comments, looking at the sky.

Lilith hisses under her breath. "And this damn speed is buggering our timing and fuel. Any fuel stops nearby?"

They litter the road, probably every 20-25 miles, serving the travelers. Not many use this road anymore, but enough to support sparse business and the occasional tourist. Not that many people visit the NAN on tourism, least of all the militant Sioux Nation.

Janie consults the PDA again. "Should be one not too far up ahead," she replies.

Beads, blankets and germs.

Lilith nods and pushes the car just that far ahead, pulling to the side to glide into the fuel station

It's not critical yet, but the fuel gauge is at about half. But it may be a good ideal to fuel up now. You never know when the GM will drop a Dragon on your ass you need to run away from. The Gas Station is like one of a million in the area; Run down, shabby, no-service kind of place where a man sits in a plastic chair outside of the station, a cigarette in his lips and a bottle of beer in his hand.

The Only difference is, instead of a redneck, it's an old Indian man with lines in his face like river valleys.

Lilith pulls neatly aside one of the the pumps. She sighs for a moment and then gets out. White girl, oh yes, skin pale as snow, though not much is seen through her pants, jacket, scarf, and hat. Just a long, reddish brown ponytail. She grabs a pump and starts to fuel up.

Janie gets out of the van as well, grateful for a chance to stretch her legs.

It's not a van, its a family sedan, a four door car like the Ford Taurus, Toyota Camery or the Honda Accord. The Old Indian eyes Janie -hard-, not quite staring her down but looking through her all the same. A younger man, hair shaven save a strip down the center of his skull, heads over to Lilith.

"Sorry ma'am." He says, turning the pump off before she can get it started.. "We're out of gas."

Janie doesn't react to the Old Indian's challenge either way, rotating her limbs a few times to get the stiffness out, then leaning against the car while she waits for Lilith to finish the negotiations.

"Sucks to be you, wasichu. GO back to Denver." The young man crosses his arms over his chest. "You're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy."

Lilith eyes flicker as she looks up at him. "I don't mean to give offense. We just need some gas." She spreads her hands. "What can I offer you in trade, if anything?"

THAT seems to bring amusement to the young mans face. "Look, lady. Nothing you have here, is going to make me sell a white woman gas, even if she brings shiny beads, shells and blankets to trade for it. Take you, take your friend, take your damned car, and go back to Denver."

«OOC» Samuel says, "If you want to try negotiating, go ahead :)"
«OOC» Lilith Oh boy.
«OOC» Lilith says, "Oh boy :)"
«OOC» Lilith says, "TN?"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Or just blind roll?"
«OOC» Samuel says, "TN of… 3"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Ok. Can I make a Etiquette roll too?"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Just to make sure I speak nice like"
«OOC» Janie says, "Etiquette roll to convince him to negotiate in the first place, then haggle over the gas?"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Something like that"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Etiquette TN? :)"
«OOC» Samuel says, "Back. Had to argue with the ladnlord"
«OOC» Samuel says, "Etiquette is an open test."
«OOC» Lilith says, "kk"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Etiquette:
1 4 4 7
«OOC» Lilith says, "Stand"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Do I pose, then roll Negotiation?"
«OOC» Samuel says, "Yes."
«OOC» Lilith says, "kk"

Janie still stands, leaning against the car and idly watching the negotiation proceedings.

Lilith arches a brow as she looks up, resting against the car. "Like hell. Trinkets are insulting, I barter for useful things. Cash or a gun, or anything else you can reasonably suggest that I could pass over." She folds her arms. "What do you need?"

Old Man Chair sitter eyes the situation with a calm, contemplating stare. "Youth is made of fire. So quick to anger for the perception of wounds they know not." He rocks in the chair then, falling back into silence.

The Young man eyes the woman. "Fine. You want gas? Ten Yen a liter." It's an exorbitant rate, the sort of highway robbery that spawned the term 'highway robbery'.

«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Negotiation vs TN 3 for "Bartering some":
1 1 3 = 1 Success
«OOC» Lilith says, "bah. Oh well."
«OOC» Samuel says, "Whats lilis int?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) has the Attribute Intelligence with the value '5'.
«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 2 vs TN 5 for "his counter":
3 4 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Samuel says, "You negotiate 5 percent of the price off, so 9.50 a liter. Yuou're at half, the car has a 60 litre tank. So 31 at 9.5 .. that's 295 Nuyen for a tank of gas. Pay me."
«OOC» Samuel says, "Err!"
«OOC» Samuel says, "+spend"
«OOC» Samuel says, "Don't pay ME!"
«OOC» Lilith grins

Lilith shrugs and taps her fingers, smiles up at him, easily shifting her weight. She might be white, but she's got some sort of odd poise or draw to her. And she manages to get him down 5 percent.

And he still managed to get 5 times the going rate for gasoline. He turns the pump on, watching her carefully. gassing up though she is, she's not welcome here.

Lilith lifts her chin and waits, all patience.

The final liter is pumped and he presents the bill. "Cash only, honey." He says, glancing over at the silent, taller woman. "Then -leave-."

Lilith nods briskly and hands over the cred with little fanfare. "Of course." Striding past him, she cranks the door, slides in, and turns the key. "G'day to you, and thanks."

The boy takes the money while the old man slowly stands up. He approaches Janie, eying her critically. "Move with the wind, for ice comes soon. No place for wasit'chu in the hunting grounds of the Lakota. Go now."

"We all go where we must," Janie replies even as she nods in respect. "But we won't delay longer than needed. Spirits favor ye an' y'r descendants, Elder." With that, she turns and opens the car door to get back inside.

Lilith nods the old man as well. "G'day to you, respected elder.

The old man nods to the younger. "Some need more favor than others." With that, he turns back to his chair and resumes his seated position. The young man gives Lilith a rude gesture, then returns inside the gas station himself.

On the Road Again

Lilith presses the pedal down, and goes as fast as she dares. "Gotta get ahead of this weather…" she mutters to herself.

Janie nods. "It'll get worse. Ye made a good impression on th'elder, though…"

Traffic is indeed, thinner, and without much further effort, on the back roads of the Sioux Nation, driving a Ford Americar with a full tank, the road to Cheyenne only slows down a bit as snow starts to fall.

Lilith looks over at her and is surprised. "I did? I have trouble believing that…I honestly think I could've handled it a bit better." She keeps her eyes on the road again as the snow starts to fall.

«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Random":
1
«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Random":
10
«Auto-Judge[]» Samuel (#799) rolls 1 for "Random":
3
«OOC» Samuel says, "Driver: Give me a Car test, at TN of 4 (Vehicles base handling)"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Ah…erm"
«OOC» Samuel will let you default to reaction, with a +2 penalty.
«OOC» Lilith says, "with what skill?"
«OOC» Lilith says, "yeah"
«OOC» Samuel says, "That would be 'car'"
«OOC» Lilith headdesks
«OOC» Samuel says, "But you do not possess it."
«OOC» Samuel says, "roll reaciton, tn 6"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Reaction vs TN 6 for "Fuck. I'm an idiot":
1 5 5 5 15 = 1 Success

"If ye hadn't earned his respect, I don't think he'd have called his grandson an idiot in front o'ye," Janie replies, just as—!

Lilith chuckles a bit. "Well, I didn't want to insult either of them…I'm glad to know I did something right…" uh oh!

It's a damn fine thing Sam gave you a car that drives like an elephant and is twice as heavy. It helps keep you with traction even as you hit a patch of ice on the road. The rear tires of the car start to spin and the rear end slides out… but Lilith is able to straighten it out and point the car in the right direction by the time you hit firm road again….

Janie is very glad she's securely belted in.

Lilith curses in vibrant Cockney, all but turning the air blue as her speech is cut off and the ice kicks in. Wisely, she releases the brakes and lets the car slide over, then catches her breath as they hit solid ground. "Fookin' Yank bloody blasted roads…!"

Janie curses and holds on to the door with one hand and the case with the other, to avoid it and her from getting jostled around.

Lilith grunts and slows down a bit, eyes peering even more carefully, cautious on the now icky road. "Shitehawks. Bloody winter."

"Let's hope it doesna' come t'that," Janie manages to joke even as she narrowly avoids banging her head against the side window.


«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Reaction vs TN 7 for "Fuck. Yes, I'll get a Driving skill!":
2 3 4 5 7 = 1 Success


This time, it's not ice. It's a snow plow coming down the other side of the road. It hits a particularly deep patch of snow, sending the snow flying in to the air unexpectedly. It slams in to the Americar with a force not quite intended. Plows usually run the snow off the OTHER side of the road, but maybe there was some ice or something. Who knows.

The result is for a moment, Lilith can see NOTHING and the car shakes. It only lasts for a moment, but Lilith is able to keep the car from careening off the road. Barely.

Lilith shakes as she jerks the wheel to the side, dragging them back on target. She's too tense too swear now. "Sorry."

Janie jerks away from the snow that suddenly slams against the window. "Gah!"

Lilith sighs as they get past the worst of it, and increases speed again. VERY carefully. "Ack, sorry…there's nothing I could do, fucking idiot snow driver."

"Not y'r fault," Janie replies. "Better try t'make best possible speed t'Cheyenne from here - looks like it'll get worse fast…"

Lilith nods and does so, whipping by as fast as she can.

In to Cheyenne

Fast is not always best, and as Lilith drives in the snow, she gets a feel for how the car handles best at a lower speed, such as 45, over a higher speed, such as 60, in the snow. But, just the same, by the time the sun is hitting the western ridge of the Rocky Mountains, the Americar, sodden with snow and ice, arrives in the Capitol of the Sioux Nation.

Lilith grumbles as she pulls into the city. "All right. Where we supposed to head?"

Janie pulls up the address on her PDA.
There is no address, just the instruction to call Samuel once you have arrived, for further instruction.

Janie grunts, then taps Samuel's phone number and waits for it to connect. "Mr. Clemens? We've arrived in Cheyenne," she states once he picks up. "Where to from here?"

Lilith pulls off to the side for a moment.

He answers the phone…

"Drive to Frontier Park before sundown. YOu are to throw the case in to the lake there. It must be done before sundown. Am I clear?" His voice is calm, composed and without stress, but he does seem fixated on the 'before sundown' part.

Lilith immediately pulls the car back on the road and begins to drive. Quickly, again. "Janie, directions?"

"Hard t'see th'sun with th'snow comin' down like this," Janie replies, then signs off and pulls up directions for Frontier Park.

"I've faith in the both of you." States Samuel, before disconnecting.

Lilith guns the engine, moving as quickly as can be allowed.

«OOC» Samuel says, "One final car test. TN of 8."
«OOC» Samuel says, "Well, reaction"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Reaction vs TN 8:
1 3 3 4 10 = 1 Success
«OOC» Samuel says, "TN 8"
«OOC» Samuel says, "Do you wish to karma for additional successes?"
«OOC» Lilith says, "gonna kp it, yeah"
«OOC» Samuel nods. Roll 4/8
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Reaction - 1 vs TN 8:
1 1 4 4 = 0 Successes
«OOC» Samuel says, "Care to try once more?"
«OOC» Lilith says, "Err. that was kp 1?"
«OOC» Samuel nods.
«OOC» Lilith says, "kk"
«Auto-Judge[]» Lilith (#8983) rolls Reaction - 1 vs TN 8 for "kp 2":
1 2 4 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Lilith says, "Stand?"
«OOC» Samuel says, "Okay. Good."

The drive across the city is a hurried thing, but Lilith seems to get a better hang of this whole 'driving' thing, only hopping one curb as she angles for the park. The sun is still visible as a quarter disk rising above the mountains, were you able to see the sun at all… but its not yet sunset. The lake is a hundred or so feet from the road..

At the Park

«OOC» Samuel says, "Janie, give me an athletics test."
«OOC» Janie says, "TN?"
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Athletics for "See Janie run. Run, Janie, Run!":
1 1 2 3 4
«OOC» Samuel says, "4. You're physically fit, it's not a very long distance. This is balance related for running through snow."
«OOC» Samuel says, "do YOU wish to KP?"
«OOC» Janie says, "Through? Traceless walk, dude — legolas feet. :)"
«OOC» Lilith says, "hee"
«OOC» Samuel laughs. Fair. Never mind. :)
«OOC» Samuel says, "pose being all 'on top of the snow' and shieeet"
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Athletics - 1 vs TN 4 for "Run, Janie, run! (KP 13/30)":
1 1 2 11 = 1 Success
«OOC» Janie says, "two successes, regardless."

Janie gets out of the car quickly and sprints across the snow.

… Correction. She sprints /over/ the snow - although it'd take a close observer to notice, with more snow falling down each moment to cover the footprints she isn't leaving. She covers the distance to the lake's edge in record time and hurls the case out across the waters.

Lilith leaps out of the car to watch!

«OOC» Samuel says, "Gimmie a strength test for tossen"
«OOC» Samuel says, "TN 4"
«Auto-Judge[]» Janie (#4136) rolls Strength vs TN 4 for "*fling*":
5 5 5 10 = 4 Successes
«OOC» Samuel says, "Well huz-fucken-ah!"
«OOC» Janie says, "Stands."

And then, just, the very moment that the Sun would dip below the horizon, the case arcs in to the air… it makes it to the very center of the pond before splashing down. It's a curious thing, as the last rays of the sun break the cloud cover of the snow storm that rages. It arcs across the valley, to strike the pond, bathing it in a golden light.

And every where it touches, the water turns to ice. Ripples, the splash from the case, everything.. instant ice, spreading out from where the case hit the water. The pond freezes over in what can only be described as the rippling, spreading staccato snapping of ice as it grows, breaks and reforms, filling the pond.

Lilith eyes widen in shock as she strides forward to stand beside Janie. Speechless.

And then the light, warm though it is in the winter, fades… leaving only a sense of serene peace that seems to radiate from the pond.

Janie stares, wondering what the hell she just tossed in there.

Lilith lets that sense of serenity and peace wash over, closing her eyes slightly. "Huh."

Janie can already hear Sam's voice when questioned as to the contents and events that they partook in: "Need to know."

Janie chuckles to herself, then shrugs.. She pulls out her PDA one last time to call Samuel, "Delivery complete," she says, then shuts it down again and turns to Lilith. "I think we'd best get a hotel f'r th'night an'drive back tomorrow if th'weather stays like this."

Lilith nods and stretches. "Aye. Let's head out."

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License